NZ vs England

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: NZ vs England

Post by God is an Englishman »

Dave from Number 12 wrote:hands up whoever hasn't cheated at something in their life?
Never at cricket or golf.

I have also never taken something onto a pitch in a pre meditated act of cheating.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Cooper wrote:
An incident of blatant cheating by 3 individuals. I wouldn't say there is a culture of cheating through the team.
Approved by the leadership group, I knew it wouldn't take long until you all started defending it.
Only 3 players have been convicted of the crime, all the rest is hearsay.

Its pretty clear that I haven't defended the actions of those involved at all. They were caught and are guilty of cheating.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote:
Cooper wrote:
An incident of blatant cheating by 3 individuals. I wouldn't say there is a culture of cheating through the team.
Approved by the leadership group, I knew it wouldn't take long until you all started defending it.

Its pretty clear that I haven't defended the actions of those involved at all. They were caught and are guilty of cheating.
You are defending the others who were clearly involved. Do you think the "leadership group" is only 2 people?

Do you truly believe lehmann wasn't involved?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Cooper wrote:

You are defending the others who were clearly involved. Do you think the "leadership group" is only 2 people?

I'm defending no one, you are assuming to much.

I can only go by the evidence as I was not there to witness the events before or after. 3 players charged with cheating that is the outcome.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Dave from Number 12 wrote:hands up whoever hasn't cheated at something in their life?

I have also never taken something onto a pitch in a pre meditated act of cheating.
So its okay and your not a real cheat unless it involves cricket or golf?
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dave from Number 12 wrote:

So its okay and your not a real cheat unless it involves cricket or golf?

Cricket and golf are gentleman's games and you should never cheat.

Pre meditation is a major issue.

Jørgen Inge Mykland
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jørgen Inge Mykland »

You shouldn't be cheating in any sport.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Cooper wrote:
Cooper wrote:

I'm defending no one, you are assuming to much.

I can only go by the evidence as I was not there to witness the events before or after. 3 players charged with cheating that is the outcome.
Now with some more information involved I don't believe Lehmann was directly involved

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Lehmann is either a racist, hypocritical and a cheat or he's racist, hypocritical and incompetent.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote:Lehmann is either a racist, hypocritical and a cheat or he's racist, hypocritical and incompetent.
Care to elaborate on your opinion?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Lehmann is either a racist, hypocritical and a cheat or he's racist, hypocritical and incompetent.
Well racist - that's proven

Hypocritical - complained about south african crowds whilst previously encouraging australian crowds to abuse Stuart Broad.

Cheat - I don't believe for one moment that he didn't know, his reaction at the time and subsequent cover up show that emphatically for me.

Incompetent - well if he didn't know, how didn't he know what 3 of his players were up to. He has created a culture where they believed it was OK to do so. That's incompetence.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

IMO Lehmann wants the current Australian team to play/act in a manor similar to how the Australian team played/acted when he played.

IE sledging and getting into the minds of the opponents

The problem is when you play/act on the edge it doesn't take much to go over it. If he wanted to coach/have the Aust team play that way then he has to make sure all the players know exactly where the line is so that they don't go over it. Warner has been on the edge for a while and I think Lehmann needed to make sure Warner was well aware of where the line is. Smith sat on his hands with all this and as Captain he needed to step up. He didn't and is now paying the price.

There is a lot more money involved these days with TV rights and sponsorship so when you step over the line it has a much bigger impact, as Warner and Smith are going to find out - $5 million each they are saying. And if the ACB didn't act strongly then their financial impact (on the ACB) could be even larger than its already hitting.

Warner and Smith are seeking legal advice (to look if they have been hit to hard with the ban they have received) so all this could get even more messy.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Cooper wrote:
Well racist - that's proven

Hypocritical - complained about south african crowds whilst previously encouraging australian crowds to abuse Stuart Broad.

Cheat - I don't believe for one moment that he didn't know, his reaction at the time and subsequent cover up show that emphatically for me.

Incompetent - well if he didn't know, how didn't he know what 3 of his players were up to. He has created a culture where they believed it was OK to do so. That's incompetence.

Proven racist?
Hypocrite - I have no idea on that incident so no comment
Cheat - There is no evidence that he cheated or knew about it so that's just your opinion on the matter
Incompetent - I can agree with that statement, he should have know what was happening in his team

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Racist

https://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01 ... 26936.html

Hypocrite
Lehmann on Broad
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricke ... hmann.html
Lehmann on SA Crowds

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/darren- ... 2018-03-24

Cheat/Incompetent
I gave you the choice, you chose one.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote:Racist

Hypocrite
Lehmann on Broad
Lehmann on SA Crowds

Cheat/Incompetent
2003 well before he was coach but yes I see the point, the others yeah you are right I doubt he is doing anything in saying those things that any other coach in the world wouldn't say as well.
But clearly no evidence of him being a cheat.

How would you have reacted the same as this if England had been the team who did this? Or would you react more like how we are reacting to it?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Racist

Hypocrite
Lehmann on Broad
Lehmann on SA Crowds

Cheat/Incompetent
2003 well before he was coach but yes I see the point, the others yeah you are right I doubt he is doing anything in saying those things that any other coach in the world wouldn't say as well.

How would you have reacted the same as this if England had been the team who did this? Or would you react more like how we are reacting to it?
I'd probably react like most aussies are - in disgust. Hopefully not like some are - it's no big deal, others have done it.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Cooper wrote:

I'd probably react like most aussies are - in disgust. Hopefully not like some are - it's no big deal, others have done it.
I think disgust has been how most of the population have taken it, myself included.

The guilty have been punished and now we have to try get back to playing cricket and maybe salvage something from the next test.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote:
Cooper wrote:

I think disgust has been how most of the population have taken it, myself included.

The guilty have been punished and now we have to try get back to playing cricket and maybe salvage something from the next test.

That might be a long wait, rumours that the players want to end the series now.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: I'd probably react like most aussies are - in disgust. Hopefully not like some are - it's no big deal, others have done it.

That might be a long wait, rumours that the players want to end the series now.
Yeah I heard that too but I guess its not really upto the players to decide unless they simply refuse to play

Jørgen Inge Mykland
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jørgen Inge Mykland »

Chuck a sickie.