Aus v Sth Africa

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Wayne Kerr »

ECB must be relieved, what a week to be bowled out by 58 runs.....
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Bomber wrote:Cant believe the soft penalties. We know the ICC are soft, so CA need to come out and make a clear statement.

Anyone proved to be involved (and we already know who some of them are) should really be stood down for a minimum of one year.

I for one found it difficult to watch them last night and only really watched the coverage to hear what all the commentators would say about it.

Others have been guilty of ball tampering (until this match, the old bottle tops used by Pakistan have been the worst), so one can only throw so much mud, but the stupidity of it all in even hatching such a plan speaks volumes.

The ICC is more corrupt than FIFA.
CA should come down hard on the culprits, but probably won;t do anything more than strip them of their captaincy and VC (Smith and Warner)
Smith is still a great batsmen, and should be in the side, but Warner can have a rest for at least 6-12 months.
We cant pick and choose though. Anyone found guilty of being involved should get the same punishment. And quite simply there needs to be a harsher automatic punishment for such incidents in the future.
4 demerit points (one test) is a joke.
Furthermore, the umps reckon the ball didn't appear abnormal, therefore they couldn't even cheat right!
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Bomber wrote:Cant believe the soft penalties. We know the ICC are soft, so CA need to come out and make a clear statement.

Anyone proved to be involved (and we already know who some of them are) should really be stood down for a minimum of one year.

I for one found it difficult to watch them last night and only really watched the coverage to hear what all the commentators would say about it.

Others have been guilty of ball tampering (until this match, the old bottle tops used by Pakistan have been the worst), so one can only throw so much mud, but the stupidity of it all in even hatching such a plan speaks volumes.

CA should come down hard on the culprits, but probably won;t do anything more than strip them of their captaincy and VC (Smith and Warner)
Smith is still a great batsmen, and should be in the side, but Warner can have a rest for at least 6-12 months.
So you want to give a higher ban to someone with a lesser influence because they are not as good a player?
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

^^^^^^

remind us all what Atherton received for his "cheating'????

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:^^^^^^

I can't remember what happened 24 years ago.

However, comparing putting dirt on the ball to a conspiracy involving senior members of the squad to cheat and the deceive as well. :lol:

Great attempt to deflect though, my question stands.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Wayne Kerr wrote:

You've got it backwards.
Smith should get minimum 12-month ban from all forms of cricket.
Send the message - it doesn't matter if you're the best batsman in the country, if you conspire to cheat, you are a disgrace and will get punished
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

IMO Smith should cop 12 month ban and never captain Australia again.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

God is an Englishman wrote:

However, comparing putting dirt on the ball to a conspiracy involving senior members of the squad to cheat and the deceive as well. :lol:

Is that the same incident that Trescothick has said was initiated by the Head coach, and trialled & tested with the captain?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Slinky_Pete wrote:

Is that the same incident that Trescothick has said was initiated by the Head coach, and trialled & tested with the captain?
No, that was a different one. Remind me though,

When did he get caught?
Did the other team mates deny it existed?
Did trescothic have a history of mental health issues?
Did he also say it was used to produce saliva?
Is it illegal to apply saliva to the ball?

Clem Fandango
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Clem Fandango »

bloodypassit wrote:you know its bad when Tomic and Kyrgios are more respected and more integrity than Smith and Warner at the moment
:lol:
Grosso, can you hear me?

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

Very good.
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Actually surprised by the reaction from most aussies on this. Normally there's attempts to play it down, most are rightfully disgusted by this. Some still though deflecting onto other teams.

For me, Lehman should be sacked, Smith and Warner relieved of their leadership duties and be missing a good few games. Anyone who was in that meeting needs to enjoy some time off.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

God is an Englishman wrote:Actually surprised by the reaction from most aussies on this. Normally there's attempts to play it down, most are rightfully disgusted by this. Some still though deflecting onto other teams.

For me, Lehman should be sacked, Smith and Warner relieved of their leadership duties and be missing a good few games. Anyone who was in that meeting needs to enjoy some time off.
Smith has to go full stop, his appalling lack of leadership speaks of a weakness of character that should never be allowed to represent Australia again.

Warner has shown he is not mentally capable of playing for Australia.

Lehman has walked, but his legacy will always be of setting up a culture that has resulted in this disaster.
It's all in the Delivery!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Actually surprised by the reaction from most aussies on this. Normally there's attempts to play it down, most are rightfully disgusted by this. Some still though deflecting onto other teams.

Cant argue much of that. I hear Lehmann is stepping down so looks like he's accepting his position in all this. I think the only "deflections" are due to the fact the Saffers (and others) aren't exactly squeaky clean themselves when talking about ball tampering, that's all, yet in those cases it was just brushed off almost as if it were part of the game, which clearly it isn't, which brings back to my previous point about the penalties issued for such offences are too lenient - ie 4 demerit points and one test suspension.
ICC need to revisit this.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:

Cant argue much of that. I hear Lehmann is stepping down so looks like he's accepting his position in all this. I think the only "deflections" are due to the fact the Saffers (and others) aren't exactly squeaky clean themselves when talking about ball tampering, that's all, yet in those cases it was just brushed off almost as if it were part of the game, which clearly it isn't, which brings back to my previous point about the penalties issued for such offences are too lenient - ie 4 demerit points and one test suspension.
ICC need to revisit this.
Spot on Bomber but sadly cant see the ICC doing much.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Does this change your opinions on earlier incidents.

Warner - tape
Cummins - spikes
Bancroft - sugar

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

God is an Englishman wrote:Does this change your opinions on earlier incidents.

Warner - tape
Cummins - spikes
Bancroft - sugar
where there is smoke...

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

So you want to distinguish differences in cheating???
Both cheated end of!

nice deflection from my deflection.
My point still stands!

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Slinky_Pete wrote:

This was another Cheating scandal by the Poms.......

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Warner - tape
Cummins - spikes
Bancroft - sugar
Bancroft most likely, the other two, not really.

Remember the umps have never said the ball ever looked 'tampered with" so even if they tried, they didn't do a very good job!

They kept playing with the same ball so despite the stupid attempt, seems it wasn't even carried out, hence why many are calling them so dumb as well.
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Bomber wrote:

Warner - tape
Cummins - spikes
Bancroft - sugar

Remember the umps have never said the ball ever looked 'tampered with" so even if they tried, they didn't do a very good job!

They kept playing with the same ball so despite the stupid attempt, seems it wasn't even carried out, hence why many are calling them so dumb as well.

Only the POMS are good at cheating....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Warner - tape
Cummins - spikes
Bancroft - sugar

Only the POMS are good at cheating....
Racism again.

Quite funny that you're even trying to deflect on this one. Bye bye Lehman.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

looks like all the stupid cheats were sent to australia as convicts... all the smart cheats stayed in england

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

C U Next Tuesday wrote:looks like all the stupid cheats were sent to australia as convicts... all the smart cheats stayed in england

GOLD!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

C U Next Tuesday wrote:looks like all the stupid cheats were sent to australia as convicts... all the smart cheats stayed in england

Well that's obvious really, the smart ones wouldn't have got caught.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Smith, Warner and Bancroft sent home to be replaced by Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell.

Lehmann to stay on as coach as he wasn't implicated......

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wayne Kerr wrote:Smith, Warner and Bancroft sent home to be replaced by Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell.

Lehmann is a very lucky boy. Obviously we aren't privy to what actually happened as far as he is concerned, but if body language is anything to go by it's pretty damning.

If CA agrees that attitudes need to change, then it needs to start with a complete review and personally whilst I don't mind Boof, his "larrikin approach" might be past it's prime now and need someone like Justin Langer to come in and get some more discipline in.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:
:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:Smith, Warner and Bancroft sent home to be replaced by Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell.

Lehmann is a very lucky boy. Obviously we aren't privy to what actually happened as far as he is concerned, but if body language is anything to go by it's pretty damning.

If CA agrees that attitudes need to change, then it needs to start with a complete review and personally whilst I don't mind Boof, his "larrikin approach" might be past it's prime now and need someone like Justin Langer to come in and get some more discipline in.
Gillespie > langer

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Bomber wrote:

The whole culture of that current team stinks tbh.
Warner is a serial pest and the sooner he is given the flick, the better.