Aus v Sth Africa

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Scholes »

Perhaps the " leadership team " should have chosen someone of greater sleight of hand than the brainless Bancroft to carry out the crime.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Smith, Warner & Lehman will need to relinquish leadership positions.....nothing less will appease the need to start on the road of moral redemption
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Listening to Adam Gilchrist today...." At least they came out straight away and admitted it." :lol:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Jørgen Inge Mykland
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jørgen Inge Mykland »

Sunny Vanilla wrote:Listening to Adam Gilchrist today...." At least they came out straight away and admitted it." :lol:
Wow.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:Nothing to defend. Anyone involved should be stood down immediately. Inexcusable. Although its not like the poms were squeaky clean when it comes to fiddling with the ball, so remember those glasshouses.
I agree Bomber, that Smith and others involved should be stood down. I noticed how Toomer forgets Atherton didn't stand down when he was caught been naughty with dirt in his pocket?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:Nothing to defend. Anyone involved should be stood down immediately. Inexcusable. Although its not like the poms were squeaky clean when it comes to fiddling with the ball, so remember those glasshouses.
I agree Bomber, that Smith and others involved should be stood down. I noticed how Toomer forgets Atherton didn't stand down when he was caught been naughty with dirt in his pocket?

Comparing a pre meditated attempt by many players to cheat and then deceive to a bloke putting dirt on the ball 20 years ago.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

don't be so pathetic by trying to gain the moral high ground...cheating is cheating....as I've already stated, he needs to go, so does Warner and Lehman
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Either you didn't study English at school or it's 80 years since you did & you've forgotten it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ozzie owl quick to try and deflect something back to anti England.

This is the worst case of ball tampering ever.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Have cricket australia just bottled it by only standing down smith and warner for this test. Nothing for lehman?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

lehman hasn't admitted anything yet.....but eventually, the big broom will sweep him out....

still in shock....not that they did it (I'm reasonably sure that most countries have at some stage) but the sheer arrogance of believing the 30 odd cameras wont catch you out...

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

MegaBonus wrote:lehman hasn't admitted anything yet.....but eventually, the big broom will sweep him out....

still in shock....not that they did it (I'm reasonably sure that most countries have at some stage) but the sheer arrogance of believing the 30 odd cameras wont catch you out...
This is what gets me, people being in shock.

Aussies love to point the finger, whether it be Olympic cheats, cricket cheats or any other sporting cheats. They have that holier than though attitude. But why are Aussies any different to the rest of humanity? What, we are some super human breed immune to corruption? The only difference is that Aussies generally have a smugness about cheating because they rarely get caught.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:lehman hasn't admitted anything yet.....but eventually, the big broom will sweep him out....

It has to, they mentioned the "leadership group", that's Lehman.

If it was a discussion then it must have involved a lot of people. Captain, Vice Captain, Bancroft, Coach, Bowling Coach, Keeper, Bowlers...

Sussex CCC must be concerned they're about to lose their coach.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

From everyone who has to have been involved, it only really leaves Khawaja. So the only non cheat isn't australian.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

God is an Englishman wrote:Have cricket australia just bottled it by only standing down smith and warner for this test. Nothing for lehman?
I bet you beat off when this news broke.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Have cricket australia just bottled it by only standing down smith and warner for this test. Nothing for lehman?
Well I have been saying it's been happening for a whil e but no, I was disappointed to see it being so blatant.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Smith suspended by ICC for one match.

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

He and bancroft should have been expelled from the series, the latter for life.
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

He and bancroft should have been expelled from the series, the latter for life.
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Fox Sports even now waking up. Just showed Sugargate and said this raises doubts on the Ashes as well.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Stuart Broad obviously couldn’t resist a dig
"Look at the Ashes series we've just played, look through all of those Test matches and they reverse swing the ball sometimes in conditions you wouldn't expect the ball to reverse," said Broad.

"I don't understand why they've changed their method for this one game."
Does make you think though, in addition to pockets full of sugar how long has the weasel warner been wearing that elaborate plaster on his hand and is it purely coincidence they used the yellow tape after his hand was complained about.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
Well I have been saying it's been happening for a whil e but no, I was disappointed to see it being so blatant.
It definitely has no place in Australian sport and the culprits need to face severe sanctions for their conduct.
It's all in the Delivery!

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Correct, Smith and Warner should be punished severely. I feel for Bamcroft, as he was just following orders...
He still could of said no!

T.Head should be the new Aussie captain.
Khawaja needs to be dropped for next match
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

you know its bad when Tomic and Kyrgios are more respected and more integrity than Smith and Warner at the moment

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Sunny Vanilla wrote:

Aussies love to point the finger, whether it be Olympic cheats, cricket cheats or any other sporting cheats. They have that holier than though attitude. But why are Aussies any different to the rest of humanity? What, we are some super human breed immune to corruption? The only difference is that Aussies generally have a smugness about cheating because they rarely get caught.
Australians get caught, they just grass up every one in sight to deflect blame

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:
Sunny Vanilla wrote:

Australians get caught, they just grass up every one in sight to deflect blame
So much for the criminal code.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Embarassing, humiliating... makes me ashamed as an Australian.

As it stands, i want nothing further to do with this "team" until the people responsible are shown the exit door, and not just given a slap on the wrist by the ICC. CA better man up and do something extreme as a result of their "investigation". FFS, what is left to investigate?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Cant believe the soft penalties. We know the ICC are soft, so CA need to come out and make a clear statement.

Anyone proved to be involved (and we already know who some of them are) should really be stood down for a minimum of one year.

I for one found it difficult to watch them last night and only really watched the coverage to hear what all the commentators would say about it.

Others have been guilty of ball tampering (until this match, the old bottle tops used by Pakistan have been the worst), so one can only throw so much mud, but the stupidity of it all in even hatching such a plan speaks volumes.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

FFS, what is left to investigate?
Handscomb liking of sugar....

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Bomber wrote:Cant believe the soft penalties. We know the ICC are soft, so CA need to come out and make a clear statement.

Anyone proved to be involved (and we already know who some of them are) should really be stood down for a minimum of one year.

I for one found it difficult to watch them last night and only really watched the coverage to hear what all the commentators would say about it.

Others have been guilty of ball tampering (until this match, the old bottle tops used by Pakistan have been the worst), so one can only throw so much mud, but the stupidity of it all in even hatching such a plan speaks volumes.

The ICC is more corrupt than FIFA.
CA should come down hard on the culprits, but probably won;t do anything more than strip them of their captaincy and VC (Smith and Warner)
Smith is still a great batsmen, and should be in the side, but Warner can have a rest for at least 6-12 months.
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!