Arnie is the new Socceroos coach

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Arnie is the new Socceroos coach

Post by Mr Red »

Takes over after the World Cup and has the job until after the 2022 World Cup

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Arnie is the new Socceroos coach

Post by Delete Your Account »

So until mid 2021 then

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Slinky_Pete wrote:So until mid 2021 then
You don't think they will make it :?:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Seems like if you have a good run in the A-League, and you're an Aussie, you are a shoe in for the job.

I wish him well, but he has a big job ahead of him.
Ignore this signature

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

So we move from MV/Roar linked players to SFC linked players. I wonder what formation he will play 4-4-2 :?:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Mr Red wrote:So we move from MV/Roar linked players to SFC linked players. I wonder what formation he will play 4-4-2 :?:
Select best possible team and go from there. Formations need to be flexible and players adapt. Hell, if they cant master that at international level, then they shouldn't even be considered for the squad.
Ignore this signature

Footballwise
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Footballwise »

Don't think Australia is going to 2022. Arnie is okay locally. When he is put up against smarter coaches, better opposition he struggles. Look at the Asian Champions League. Claimed before it started SFC were playing to win it. They'll be lucky to win a game.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Mr Red wrote:Takes over after the World Cup and has the job until after the 2022 World Cup
aussie football to go at its lowest now, back to the old wheel of misfortune! same old, do you think all that hard work on Ange will keep going, Arny has shown he plays favorites and didn't learn any lessons Guus taught him.

Oh well, watch the next 4 years with interest to see if it has changed or same old; make a bet we don't get into the world cup for qatar!

Nugget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nugget »

Such a sad day.... really didn't expect them to appoint him even though he was the front runner. I'll support who ever is coach (even if its Kevin fking Muscat) but can't say I have a lot of confidence for after the World Cup :(

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Kind of reminds you of the bloke at work that has been around the longest getting promoted not necessarily because he is any good at his job.....

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

After watching last nights game against the Czech's, it is amazing how professional Van Marwijk is. I know its just a friendly but the sides structure has looked better each game. He appears to have thrown Ange's game plan out the window, looked at the weaknesses (and there were many) and with limited time is trying to structure better. I'm not or have ever been an Arnie fan. It may have been nice to have Arnie sitting next to Bert and being mentored.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

eagleboy wrote:After watching last nights game against the Czech's, it is amazing how professional Van Marwijk is. I know its just a friendly but the sides structure has looked better each game. He appears to have thrown Ange's game plan out the window, looked at the weaknesses (and there were many) and with limited time is trying to structure better. I'm not or have ever been an Arnie fan. It may have been nice to have Arnie sitting next to Bert and being mentored.
how much more mentoring does he need?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

magicfootball1 wrote:
eagleboy wrote:After watching last nights game against the Czech's, it is amazing how professional Van Marwijk is. I know its just a friendly but the sides structure has looked better each game. He appears to have thrown Ange's game plan out the window, looked at the weaknesses (and there were many) and with limited time is trying to structure better. I'm not or have ever been an Arnie fan. It may have been nice to have Arnie sitting next to Bert and being mentored.
Lots. Bert has coach successfully at the top. Arnie has only succeeded at Sydney and CCM. Only a 5 month unsuccessful Japan stint. Worlds apart.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

eagleboy wrote:
magicfootball1 wrote:
Lots. Bert has coach successfully at the top. Arnie has only succeeded at Sydney and CCM. Only a 5 month unsuccessful Japan stint. Worlds apart.
Come on mate.

Arnie understands how to play the game the way it should be played - beautifully.

None of this playing to your strengths BS.

If playing the game beautifully is your weakness, then you gotta keep working to improve that weakness, so that one day we can beat the best beautiful playing countries at their own game.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Arnie has worked under some very smart coaches as a player and as an assistant, I don't like him much as a person but he does have experience and has proven he can coach with Sideney, even if they were obviously fiddling the Salary Cap books ( that helps when you are owned by the same people that own the League).
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

and there you have it...Arnie's blueprint for success....employing sport psychologists will improve our goal scoring potential.....

clever man...knowing that we are likely to score goals at the Asia Championships....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ ... 4zqr1.html
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Aussie football goes round and round in circles.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

MegaBonus wrote:and there you have it...Arnie's blueprint for success....employing sport psychologists will improve our goal scoring potential.....

clever man...knowing that we are likely to score goals at the Asia Championships....

The Adelaide Crows have just got rid of Creative Minds. They are now available.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

eagleboy wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:and there you have it...Arnie's blueprint for success....employing sport psychologists will improve our goal scoring potential.....

The Adelaide Crows have just got rid of Creative Minds. They are now available.
:lol:
Ignore this signature