France v OZ Sat 16 June 2018 clashes with Hawthorn v Camries

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

France v OZ Sat 16 June 2018 clashes with Hawthorn v Camries

Post by Con M »

Oh no. This World Cup game on Saturday 16th June @ 7.30pm Adelaide time clashes with the AFL game Hawthorn v Camry Crows.

What a dilemma for the poor EPL/Euro snobs who live in Australia and post on this site. I guess it will be the no-rules Aussie Rules AFL game for them instead of supporting Australia at the World Festival.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Re: France v OZ Sat 16 June 2018 clashes with Hawthorn v Cam

Post by Grosso »

You seem to know a lot about ALF.

GeorgeB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GeorgeB »

Grosso wrote:You seem to know a lot about ALF.
Is that the planet Melmac league? Or is that where Italy qualified for a inter World Cup!

The Bourne Ultimatum
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Bourne Ultimatum »

Con M wrote:Oh no. This World Cup game on Saturday 16th June @ 7.30pm Adelaide time clashes with the AFL game Hawthorn v Camry Crows.
Events clash. Get over it.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The Bourne Ultimatum wrote:
Con M wrote:Oh no. This World Cup game on Saturday 16th June @ 7.30pm Adelaide time clashes with the AFL game Hawthorn v Camry Crows.
Events clash. Get over it.
Like the Gross one, are you a Euro snob? Or an EPL snob or an AFL snob? What will you watch that Saturday night?

The Bourne Ultimatum
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Bourne Ultimatum »

Some Japanese comedy or some gopro footage of one of my road trips.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

What a dilemma for the poor EPL/Euro snobs who live in Australia and post on this site. I guess it will be the no-rules Aussie Rules AFL game for them instead of supporting Australia at the World Festival.
You do realise its a different code? You do realise that Channel 7 don't give a toss about something they are not covering?

And when in Gods name was it referred to as the World festival or is this some HAL/Arsenal snob talk you are accustomed too?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

FIFA should be made to change the date of the tournament to fit in with the afl calendar. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

talyor walker should play for the socceroos
Im closer than you think

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I'm still trying to work out the link from being a 'Euro snob' to watching an AFL game over a World Cup game...

You said it yourself that these people are football fans, so why would they choose the AFL over the World Cup?

I don't particularly care much for the A-League but there's no way in hell I'd watch an AFL match over any World Cup match.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Con is just bitter that his failing AUFF franchise isn't the biggest show in town. :lol:

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Grosso wrote:Con is just bitter that his failing AUFF franchise isn't the biggest show in town. :lol:
Never was and extremely unlikely it will be either.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Cooper wrote:
Grosso wrote:Con is just bitter that his failing AUFF franchise isn't the biggest show in town. :lol:
its not even the biggest show in summer

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Grosso wrote:
Cooper wrote:

Cricket is Australia's National Sport, so it is unlikely that any other Summer sport would get more Media coverage and promotion, given the number of journos employed to report on it.

Despite this, Football is the biggest of all the other Summer team sports, so that's not a bad effort, considering the fact that cricket has always been the major Summer sport.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Old Master wrote:
Grosso wrote:
Cooper wrote:

Cricket is Australia's National Sport, so it is unlikely that any other Summer sport would get more Media coverage and promotion, given the number of journos employed to report on it.

Despite this, Football is the biggest of all the other Summer team sports, so that's not a bad effort, considering the fact that cricket has always been the major Summer sport.
Cricket in the summer, AFL in the winter. Soccer in Australia will never get numbers greater than these 2 sports in membership or viewers, simple as that.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Never was and extremely unlikely it will be either.[/quote]

its not even the biggest show in summer[/quote]

Despite this, Football is the biggest of all the other Summer team sports, so that's not a bad effort, considering the fact that cricket has always been the major Summer sport.[/quote]

Cricket in the summer, AFL in the winter. Soccer in Australia will never get numbers greater than these 2 sports in membership or viewers, simple as that.[/quote]

Test cricket is still the lifeblood of the game and the hit & giggle stuff is just a way of raising extra money to pay the test players their huge salaries.

The one day matches are already losing crowds and the new h & G games will start to fall off in a few years as the novelty falls off.

As for afl, they too are starting to struggle in quite a few areas and are desperately trying to find new ways to attract new supporters but to date it is pretty much the same faces not new ones.

Their long time supporter base struggles to see anything in other sports, like Football, as they need the constant buzz of a score to remain interested.

If one of their games has less than 10 goals, they walk away unfulfilled and call it boring, regardless of how much effort the players put into the game.

That will be their downfall as the players can only run so fast, so high and for so long. before they need to use more and more players and officials and it becomes too hard to keep raising enough income to keep it going.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details