Ange QUITS

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Ange QUITS

Post by Mr Red »

And he got paid really good money to it also. We are talking a few and not just a couple ( :) ) millions in his time.

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

SID wrote:It shows more how the FFA messed up.
His contract was only til the end of the qualifying rounds.
He fulfilled his contract and has now moved on.
Had he not qualified he would’ve been sacked, purely on media pressure.
Perhaps the FFS should look st the contract so they can’t walk away once qualified !
100% wrong
SID= Trump
Fake news
Better luck next time with your dribble

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

Mr Red wrote:And he got paid really good money to it also. We are talking a few and not just a couple ( :) ) millions in his time.
20 million?
20 is a few

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

alwaysoffside wrote:
Mr Red wrote:And he got paid really good money to it also. We are talking a few and not just a couple ( :) ) millions in his time.
20 million?
20 is a few
Not quite but good guess.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Here are the salaries per year at the 2014 World cup - so Ange got $1.395 Million US per year for 4 years that's $5.58 million US. (a few million)
Here is the salary for every coach at the World Cup:
1. Fabio Capello, Russia — $US11,235,210
2. Roy Hodgson, England — $US5,874,570
3. Cesare Prandelli, Italy — $US4,322,010
4. Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil — $US3,973,730
5. Ottmar Hitzfeld, Switzerland — $US3,745,130
6. Joachim Löw, Germany — $US3,602,460
7. Vicente del Bosque, Spain — $US3,386,270
8. Louis van Gaal, Netherlands — $US2,738,060
9. Alberto Zaccheroni, Japan — $US2,727,480
10. Jurgen Klinsmann, United States — $US2,621,740
11. Didier Deschamps, France — $US2,161,000
12. Paulo Bento, Portugal — $US2,160,170
13. Carlos Queiroz, Iran — $US2,098,060
14. Jorge Sampaoli, Chile — $US1,774,960
15. Jose Pekerman, Colombia — $US1,678,450
16. Ange Postecoglou, Australia — $US1,395,300
17.Óscar Tabárez, Uruguay — $US1,258,840
18. Sabri Lamouchi, Ivory Coast — $US1,037,450
19. Vahid Halilhodžić, Algeria — $US1,007,070
20. Marc Wilmots, Belgium — $US864,400
21. Fernando Santos, Greece — $US864,400
22. Alejandro Sabella, Argentina — $US818,240
23. Hong Myung-bo, South Korea — $US795,250
24. Luis Fernando Suárez, Honduras — $US629,420
25. Reinaldo Rueda, Ecuador — $US566,480
26. Jorge Luis Pinto, Costa Rica — $US440,590
27. Volke Finke, Cameroon — $US394,440
28. Stephen Keshi, Nigeria — $US392,420
29. Safet Susic, Bosnia and Herzegovina — $US352,470
30. Niko Kovac, Croatia — $US271,740
31. James Kwesi Appiah, Ghana — $US251,770
32. Miguel Herrera, Mexico — $US209,810

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Kosta Utd wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Ange has screwed his country? He took the role saying something Along the lines of coaching his country is the biggest honour anyone can have then leaves for whatever reason without staying the course?

This has left our national team in a bad situation. How can anyone else coming in get to know the players without anymore ‘real’ matches till the World Cup?

Another thing to note is he put out the ‘word’ of quiting BEFORE the crucial playoff match that could of easily destabilised the team before such an important match,is this not unprofessional and selfish ?

To me he deserted his country in time of need and for that I have lost respect for him.. am I seeing this situation incorrectly ?
Couldn't agree more, for me Ange

1) Took over just prior to World Cup, impressed us all with some good losses
2) Won the Asian Championships (albeit with our main 'rival' Japan falling over before we had to play them)
3) Went through the first group stages comfortably, albeit not 100% impressively
4) Changed the formation and structure during the second Group Stages
5) Struggled in pretty much every game, during the second group stages - we also had a fairly easy group
6) Managed the team to finish 3rd in the group
7) Ground out a win against Syria
8) Beat a terrible Honduras

I believe Ange got a bit ahead of himself and almost cost us qualification - lets see if he has a big deal in China
Are you Bodo in disguise?

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

I doubt it’s time with family.
More the crap the family takes when things aren’t going particularly well.
People can be cruel

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

SID wrote:I doubt it’s time with family.
More the crap the family takes when things aren’t going particularly well.
People can be cruel
Then he's in the wrong business. Get a normal job
Ignore this signature

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

Brian the Postman wrote:
The Shape wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Ange has screwed his country? He took the role saying something Along the lines of coaching his country is the biggest honour anyone can have then leaves for whatever reason without staying the course?

This has left our national team in a bad situation. How can anyone else coming in get to know the players without anymore ‘real’ matches till the World Cup?

Another thing to note is he put out the ‘word’ of quiting BEFORE the crucial playoff match that could of easily destabilised the team before such an important match,is this not unprofessional and selfish ?

To me he deserted his country in time of need and for that I have lost respect for him.. am I seeing this situation incorrectly ?
Not sure I agree with you
Made some tough / suitable changes sweeping the broom through the change room and replaces some old hacks with kids who embrace his coaching philosophy / dream.

The way I view it is he introduced a list of players (young) and although goals are not coming freely there seems to be more scope to score goals if the players honed their abilities.

The team seems raw but exciting and not as predictable which is what may be a good thing for World Cup.

The decision to exit is poor timing however the amount of unnecessary media attention and his jealous peers wouldn't have made it easy to be motivated.

The cash cow dangles an opportunity and why wouldn't he take it?

Cuts his teeth In another role and rewarded financially might be his nest egg before he retires to his family.

Might be a good thing with a new coach who has 6months to make the difference and the "raw" talent to play / train out of their skins during this period might just make the difference.

Change is as good as a holiday.

Time will tell.
Are you suggesting that he deserted his country to chase money?
Nope

Seems like he owes his dues to his family and if he can four fold the renumeration then he might buy his love back.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Mr Red wrote:Here are the salaries per year at the 2014 World cup - so Ange got $1.395 Million US per year for 4 years that's $5.58 million US. (a few million)
Here is the salary for every coach at the World Cup:
1. Fabio Capello, Russia — $US11,235,210
2. Roy Hodgson, England — $US5,874,570
4. Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil — $US3,973,730
5. Ottmar Hitzfeld, Switzerland — $US3,745,130
6. Joachim Löw, Germany — $US3,602,460
7. Vicente del Bosque, Spain — $US3,386,270
8. Louis van Gaal, Netherlands — $US2,738,060
9. Alberto Zaccheroni, Japan — $US2,727,480
10. Jurgen Klinsmann, United States — $US2,621,740
11. Didier Deschamps, France — $US2,161,000
12. Paulo Bento, Portugal — $US2,160,170
13. Carlos Queiroz, Iran — $US2,098,060
14. Jorge Sampaoli, Chile — $US1,774,960
15. Jose Pekerman, Colombia — $US1,678,450
16. Ange Postecoglou, Australia — $US1,395,300
17.Óscar Tabárez, Uruguay — $US1,258,840
18. Sabri Lamouchi, Ivory Coast — $US1,037,450
19. Vahid Halilhodžić, Algeria — $US1,007,070
20. Marc Wilmots, Belgium — $US864,400
21. Fernando Santos, Greece — $US864,400
22. Alejandro Sabella, Argentina — $US818,240
23. Hong Myung-bo, South Korea — $US795,250
24. Luis Fernando Suárez, Honduras — $US629,420
25. Reinaldo Rueda, Ecuador — $US566,480
26. Jorge Luis Pinto, Costa Rica — $US440,590
27. Volke Finke, Cameroon — $US394,440
28. Stephen Keshi, Nigeria — $US392,420
29. Safet Susic, Bosnia and Herzegovina — $US352,470
30. Niko Kovac, Croatia — $US271,740
31. James Kwesi Appiah, Ghana — $US251,770
32. Miguel Herrera, Mexico — $US209,810

If these figures are correct , Ange was extremely well paid next to some better Performed coaches. The Croatia coach and Mexico coach are not on much for a sides that are always around the mark.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Kovac also manages Eintracht and doing a decent job.

The FFA love throwing money away. Its the Australian way.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Grosso wrote:Kovac also manages Eintracht and doing a decent job.

The FFA love throwing money away. Its the Australian way.
True, but not as bad as Italy for a team that did not make it.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Ange Postecoglou, Australia — $US1,395,300 That's almost $2m Australian. He must have something special lined up. :?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

eagleboy wrote:Ange Postecoglou, Australia — $US1,395,300 That's almost $2m Australian. He must have something special lined up. :?
Maybe he jumped before he got pushed and doesn't really have anything lined up 100% at this stage.

Sometimes its better to leave on a high rather than a low to help with future prospects.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Hodgson $5.8m per point , now that was real value for money.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

ozzie owl wrote:Hodgson $5.8m per point , now that was real value for money.
didn't Hodgson go undefeated through qualifying?
It's all in the Delivery!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Brian the Postman wrote:
didn't Hodgson go undefeated through qualifying?
Yes.. which means?

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

Sorry "Con" but I for one dont buy the whole outsider thing and believe that your arrogance and action in abandoning the team and country based on a "vibe" should be a stain rather than give you accolades. What the hell did you want in that meeting with FFA? You picked your squad. You picked your staff. You picked your formation. You get first class support and facilities. What have you lacked? Your "vibe" decision has left your beloved squad and country in a ridiculous situation. Good riddance "Con".

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

England always gets a dream draw in WC and Euro. They fail when the big boys come to town.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

eagleboy wrote:Ange Postecoglou, Australia — $US1,395,300 That's almost $2m Australian. He must have something special lined up. :?
So Ange got paid $7.4M for 4 years work and has cited, in part, family reasons as to why he quit.

Presumably those "family reasons" will also prevent him from taking up a coaching job in China or elsewhere overseas?

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Yeah, and the aussies fail before the big boys come along. :lol: :lol:

Lansinoh
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Lansinoh »

B.Toomer wrote:Yeah, and the aussies fail before the big boys come along. :lol: :lol:
I see you're very quiet on the cricket thread.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

There's no points for half time scores.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

hey...who let you out of the cave.....England must be in danger!!!
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

The Shape wrote:

Made some tough / suitable changes sweeping the broom through the change room and replaces some old hacks with kids who embrace his coaching philosophy / dream.

The way I view it is he introduced a list of players (young) and although goals are not coming freely there seems to be more scope to score goals if the players honed their abilities.

The team seems raw but exciting and not as predictable which is what may be a good thing for World Cup.

The decision to exit is poor timing however the amount of unnecessary media attention and his jealous peers wouldn't have made it easy to be motivated.

Cuts his teeth In another role and rewarded financially might be his nest egg before he retires to his family.

Might be a good thing with a new coach who has 6months to make the difference and the "raw" talent to play / train out of their skins during this period might just make the difference.

Time will tell.
sounds like your ok with Ange going for 'gold' rather than fulfilling the role he accepted as head coach of his country. Seems like cop out to me for any of the reasons you posted

chasing the $$?? unacceptable, finish what you started, especially when it concerns country

change is good as a holiday? agreed - wait till you finish your term first though

Made some tough / suitable changes sweeping the broom through the change room and replaces some old hacks with kids who embrace his coaching philosophy / dream.?? yep sounds good in theory.. In practice it won us the asian cup but in a nearly major downside it very nearly didnt qualify us for world cup.

Might be a good thing with a new coach who has 6months to make the difference and the "raw" talent to play / train out of their skins during this period might just make the difference.?? this comment is a bit of a joke.. so a new manger who hasnt seen the boys play, is expected to make positive differences to the team with no competitive matches coming up and all within a small time frame of 6 months?? yeah right-o u keep thinking that

what ange did was a dog act, no other way to look at it or sugar coat it.. deserted his country in time of need and nearly totally cocked up the actual qualification itself
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

cant be arsed googling.....did he leave or did he quit???

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

Kosta Utd wrote:
The Shape wrote:

Time will tell.
sounds like your ok with Ange going for 'gold' rather than fulfilling the role he accepted as head coach of his country. Seems like cop out to me for any of the reasons you posted

chasing the $$?? unacceptable, finish what you started, especially when it concerns country

change is good as a holiday? agreed - wait till you finish your term first though

Made some tough / suitable changes sweeping the broom through the change room and replaces some old hacks with kids who embrace his coaching philosophy / dream.?? yep sounds good in theory.. In practice it won us the asian cup but in a nearly major downside it very nearly didnt qualify us for world cup.

Might be a good thing with a new coach who has 6months to make the difference and the "raw" talent to play / train out of their skins during this period might just make the difference.?? this comment is a bit of a joke.. so a new manger who hasnt seen the boys play, is expected to make positive differences to the team with no competitive matches coming up and all within a small time frame of 6 months?? yeah right-o u keep thinking that

what ange did was a dog act, no other way to look at it or sugar coat it.. deserted his country in time of need and nearly totally cocked up the actual qualification itself
Qualification is harder than the World Cup - Different pressure
Well taken 1/2 chances and eliminate poor defensive errors makes the difference
Has introduced players that can be effective on their day with the right "form" not ability they can play and be competitive potentially upset some big nation team
Rid the waste of space players and kept the only suitable "impact" player - Cahill
Fulfilled his contract (period of allocation) / contract renewal is a different discussion
4 years with the same crew / support staff is a suitable period for a project
If you work in projects .... nothin is forever

Let the guy go

If he doesn't want to progress or fulfil "obligations" that in itself is a disaster if he is to remain in the role

Bring in the fresh fish and push the group to th nxt level.

You don't like the bloke .... that's cool
Your opinion

Look at the big picture

Best to get someone who wants to go to the next level and get the best out of the group
If you can't see the team for what it is in 3-4 training sessions then frankly you are not a coach
Plenty of time to find a suitable fit and plenty of time to stretch these overpaid shiraz to be th bet they can be.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Apparently he is interviewing for a lucrative job in the J-League.

Seems he got a better offer.
It's all in the Delivery!

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Money hungry Geek.