Ange QUITS

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Ange QUITS

Post by Mr Red »

:arrow:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Ange QUITS

Post by Bomber »

Bye for now.

Just don't put Arnie back in charge.
Ignore this signature

PONGO
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PONGO »

tis a great day

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I wonder if Gus is available. We need someone that understands Australian football. Or there could be some-one out there from the nations missing out. Coleman from Wales or O'Neil?
This will be a massive job with no games coming soon. Has Australia replaced Gombau yet. A bit of a crisis period in Aus football coming up. Arnold has been there and not done well. Forget him.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

eagleboy wrote:I wonder if Gus is available. We need someone that understands Australian football. Or there could be some-one out there from the nations missing out. Coleman from Wales or O'Neil?
This will be a massive job with no games coming soon. Has Australia replaced Gombau yet. A bit of a crisis period in Aus football coming up. Arnold has been there and not done well. Forget him.
To be fair, I think Arnold has improved a hell of a lot more as a coach since his last stint at the helm.
It's all in the Delivery!

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

eagleboy wrote:I wonder if Gus is available. We need someone that understands Australian football. Or there could be some-one out there from the nations missing out. Coleman from Wales or O'Neil?
Coleman just took up the Sunderland job.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

i think overall Ange has done a good job, will be forever remembered for winning this countries first Asian Cup, good luck Ange and please FFA do not give the job to Arnie.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Coleman just took up the Sunderland job.
Well he could be availabed pretty soon then.

finnidi george
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by finnidi george »

Sad to see the great man gone. He is the greatest coach our country has ever produced.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Need to get a foreigner in who understands the australian game and had some success with it.

Kevin Muscat would be ideal

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

God is an Englishman wrote:Need to get a foreigner in who understands the australian game and had some success with it.

That's a really bad call.

He would really struggle at international level as he wouldn't have the advantage of the biggest budget in the league nor the benefit of ongoing support from the match officials.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Should be someone with the appropriate status for the job. Neil Warnock is currently busy but I reckon Steve McClaren is free atm.

Lansinoh
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Lansinoh »

Would he try faking an Aussie accent like he did the Dutch one?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Given the record of the FFA's decision making of late they'll probably give the job to Tim Cahill, given he's got overseas and Australian experience. :oops:

Pity he hasn't got a coaching licence - but they could rush him through one - after all he is the 'Great Australian Hero'. :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

SMEGHEAD
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SMEGHEAD »

Ange has left on a high....can ask for a bucketload of money to coach overseas....if he stays for the World cup and we dont do well, his value plummets. Shrewed operator...a prick for The Aussies....The person to take over is in no mans land

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Am i the only one who thinks Ange has screwed his country? He took the role saying something Along the lines of coaching his country is the biggest honour anyone can have then leaves for whatever reason without staying the course?

This has left our national team in a bad situation. How can anyone else coming in get to know the players without anymore ‘real’ matches till the World Cup?

Another thing to note is he put out the ‘word’ of quiting BEFORE the crucial playoff match that could of easily destabilised the team before such an important match,is this not unprofessional and selfish ?

To me he deserted his country in time of need and for that I have lost respect for him.. am I seeing this situation incorrectly ?
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Lansinoh
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Lansinoh »

You need to buy a vowel.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

Kosta Utd wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Ange has screwed his country? He took the role saying something Along the lines of coaching his country is the biggest honour anyone can have then leaves for whatever reason without staying the course?

This has left our national team in a bad situation. How can anyone else coming in get to know the players without anymore ‘real’ matches till the World Cup?

Another thing to note is he put out the ‘word’ of quiting BEFORE the crucial playoff match that could of easily destabilised the team before such an important match,is this not unprofessional and selfish ?

To me he deserted his country in time of need and for that I have lost respect for him.. am I seeing this situation incorrectly ?
Not sure I agree with you
Made some tough / suitable changes sweeping the broom through the change room and replaces some old hacks with kids who embrace his coaching philosophy / dream.

The way I view it is he introduced a list of players (young) and although goals are not coming freely there seems to be more scope to score goals if the players honed their abilities.

The team seems raw but exciting and not as predictable which is what may be a good thing for World Cup.

The decision to exit is poor timing however the amount of unnecessary media attention and his jealous peers wouldn't have made it easy to be motivated.

The cash cow dangles an opportunity and why wouldn't he take it?

Cuts his teeth In another role and rewarded financially might be his nest egg before he retires to his family.

Might be a good thing with a new coach who has 6months to make the difference and the "raw" talent to play / train out of their skins during this period might just make the difference.

Change is as good as a holiday.

Time will tell.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

The Shape wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Ange has screwed his country? He took the role saying something Along the lines of coaching his country is the biggest honour anyone can have then leaves for whatever reason without staying the course?

Not sure I agree with you
Made some tough / suitable changes sweeping the broom through the change room and replaces some old hacks with kids who embrace his coaching philosophy / dream.

The way I view it is he introduced a list of players (young) and although goals are not coming freely there seems to be more scope to score goals if the players honed their abilities.

The team seems raw but exciting and not as predictable which is what may be a good thing for World Cup.

The decision to exit is poor timing however the amount of unnecessary media attention and his jealous peers wouldn't have made it easy to be motivated.

The cash cow dangles an opportunity and why wouldn't he take it?

Cuts his teeth In another role and rewarded financially might be his nest egg before he retires to his family.

Might be a good thing with a new coach who has 6months to make the difference and the "raw" talent to play / train out of their skins during this period might just make the difference.

Change is as good as a holiday.

Time will tell.
Are you suggesting that he deserted his country to chase money?

SMEGHEAD
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SMEGHEAD »

He persevered with 3 across the back, which you can only perfected if you are practicing it 5 days a week and adjusting it every game....not when u get together for a 4 day camp every 6 months. Its club Football stuff...not National team ideology

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Brian the Postman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Need to get a foreigner in who understands the australian game and had some success with it.

He would really struggle at international level as he wouldn't have the advantage of the biggest budget in the league nor the benefit of ongoing support from the match officials.
Spoken like a true AUFF season ticket holder

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Grosso wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:

Spoken like a true AUFF season ticket holder
I take it you have put your hat into the ring for the job.
Time for some righteous indignation

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Grosso will wait see if the FFA board is replaced first.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

It shows more how the FFA messed up.
His contract was only til the end of the qualifying rounds.
He fulfilled his contract and has now moved on.
Had he not qualified he would’ve been sacked, purely on media pressure.
Perhaps the FFS should look st the contract so they can’t walk away once qualified !

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

SID wrote:It shows more how the FFA messed up.
His contract was only til the end of the qualifying rounds.
He fulfilled his contract and has now moved on.
Had he not qualified he would’ve been sacked, purely on media pressure.
Perhaps the FFS should look st the contract so they can’t walk away once qualified !
Are you sure about that?

You can't resign if you don't have a contract

The_Pessimist
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The_Pessimist »

PONGO wrote:tis a great day
You think a new coach is going to be able to teach Milligan how to pass a 5 m ball ?

The players are technical uncos.

The_Pessimist
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The_Pessimist »

And if australia do poorly? Is is the coach's fault or the fact the players have no technical ability? Or is the coach's fault that a 28 year football player has no technical ability?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

The_Pessimist wrote:
PONGO wrote:tis a great day
You think a new coach is going to be able to teach Milligan how to pass a 5 m ball ?

Probably not when they get this level, but he might select a different player that just might be able to.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The_Pessimist wrote:

And if australia do poorly? Is is the coach's fault or the fact the players have no technical ability? Or is the coach's fault that a 28 year football player has no technical ability?
Wouldn't he have been their coach when they were in the Australian U17s & U20s. When they were still coachable.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'm just getting tired of all this "family reasons" crap, not just from Ange, but anyone who plays the same record.

Coaching at this level is a profession. You know what comes with it and its demands.

We all would love to spend more time with our family! God help those who serve us in the defence forces that have to leave their loved ones for much longer than a couple weeks or so.
Ignore this signature