AU V PG

Are you a player or coach looking for a new club? Are you a club looking for new players or coaches? This forum is for posting messages for those looking for players, coaches or clubs including details of any clubs upcoming trials.
We encourage the distribution of any information posted in this forum to schools etc.
Users can post announcements in this forum and can lock their own topics.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, Judge Judy, COLOSSUS, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

AU V PG

Post by Mr Red »

First home game for the lady reds this Friday 4.50pm KO at Marden.

AU members can get in for free.

PG appear to be a very strong side so it will be a tough game to start with at home.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: AU V PG

Post by billy the kid »

AUFC - W (I think Lady Reds went bye bye a few years back)

Will be a hard game and the mids and defence will have their work cut out for them.
Last edited by billy the kid on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

ok I tend to live in the past at times :wink:

Yes we will need to be smart about how we play so we don't get over exposed at the back.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Facing table-toppers Perth Glory, who flattened Brisbane Roar 1-4 last Sunday, Karlovic acknowledges the challenge ahead and said Adelaide will welcome it willingly.

“We will need to continue to work on a number of things but playing last week has definitely brought up our fitness levels and match-conditioning, and I think we’ll be a lot better in that regard.

“We will work on our match tactics during the week to have us fully prepared for the game.

“Perth have been scoring quite freely with the likes of Sam Kerr and Rachel Hill, and have been convincing thus far, so it will be a difficult game as they are obviously the best side in the league at the moment.

“But in saying that, we will meet every challenge head on and this playing group is really special as they are prepared to take those challenges head on and will back themselves until the end.”

A stand-out from last week was Makenzy Doniak, who Karlovic mentioned as a strong team player.

“Makenzy (Doniak) is a top footballer and brings fantastic attributes to the team and I’m sure we will continue to see her grow and become even better as the season goes on,” Karlovic continued.

“I believe we will definitely see goals from her, as well as her ability to get the others involved in scoring

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

4:50pm great time slot for the game... :roll:
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

Agree. 4.50pm on a Friday night??
FFA seemed to have scheduled this time in conjunction with the TV broadcaster(s) and I believe it will continue for Friday night matches. Brilliant idea! So people at work are unlikely to get to the match or see only a portion of the game on TV when they get home. We should be thankful for the TV exposure but would this ever happen on a Friday night for the A-League? There is a word for this..............

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Coyote wrote:Agree. 4.50pm on a Friday night??
FFA seemed to have scheduled this time in conjunction with the TV broadcaster(s) and I believe it will continue for Friday night matches. Brilliant idea! So people at work are unlikely to get to the match or see only a portion of the game on TV when they get home. We should be thankful for the TV exposure but would this ever happen on a Friday night for the A-League? There is a word for this..............
That's the perils with going with a free to air station rather than fox sports (I assume that the W League is still shown on ABC?)
It's all in the Delivery!

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

This is obviously a way to promote the W-League in Adelaide by showcasing the brilliant players at a time that will attract the most viewers.

NOT

Appalling

Disrespectful

and

Doomed to fail.

Pecking order in OZ sport:

AFL, Cricket (men), AFL-W, Cricket (women), NRL, Rugby Union............................................A-League.................................W-League.

Sadly this is the case.

prospector88
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by prospector88 »

The game being shown live on Fox Sport 501 as part of Fox strategy to showcase the W-League as the first part of a double header with the A-League following. I believe a lot of games this year will be shown as double headers.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

GO AUFC-W. Hopefully a good win tonight. Last season the AUFC-W did well in its 2nd game against Perth with a 2-1 loss. Earlier on it was a 4-1 loss at home. I suspect a win this time round for AUFC-W is a fair prediction.

Issue here is how Jones will work with the other forward ad midfielders.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

No Kerr - A great chance for us to get the points tonight

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Well done to the AU woman's team. Good result against a title contender. The striker from the US with 3 good finishes.

Positive signs early in the season
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

haywood djablowme wrote:The striker from the US with 3 good finishes
Take a bow Makenzy Doniak with 3 quality goals.
Any chance Makenzy could give Mileusnic & Blackwood some tips on finding the back of the net bec. their finishing is seriously lacking.

A good win over a dangerous opponent (make no mistake Kerr would certainly have hurt us had she played) but AU still some work to do to regain the cohesion & fluency they showed late last season when they easily brushed aside all comers.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

The US recruits are a class above. Great finish and an excellent result.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

billy the kid wrote:The US recruits are a class above. Great finish and an excellent result.
have the import quotas changed at all? i see we have several o/s players from this list

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... 1617-squad

however the girl who got the hat-trick is not listed. not sure if that link is the latest list...

great game though!
Im closer than you think

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

The link you've given is for last year.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

scar wrote:
Take a bow Makenzy Doniak with 3 quality goals.

What was impressive was that she scored 2 with her left and 1 with her right and it was hard to tell which was her preferred foot. She was asked after the game what her preferred foot isand she is right footed.
The last goal with her left was the best for me - she didn't even look she just hit it across the keeper. :wink:

Considering the time of the game and the warm weather I thought the crowd was good and the quality of the play was pretty good also.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Great coverage and venue. Loved the way the AUFC-W worked and worked to achieve the result. Congratulations. Hope Griffin put on a decent spread post game.

For mine the priceless moments were:

1) Ivan's joy - well done and richly deserved
2) Doniak's 3 goals - Quality x a million
3) On National TV - AJ's reaction to the bench when she was subbed off.

A couple of tweaks with the team especially and I reckon they've got the nucleus of a championship side. The only thing that will deny their first finals campaign and maybe a title win will be the players themselves. I'm impressed.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Brenton T wrote:
3) On National TV - AJ's reaction to the bench when she was subbed off.

She wasn't happy getting taken off but she seemed to get over it by the end of the game. It was a bit frosty on the bench there for a while. :arrow: