Australia v. Syria 7.30pm Tues 10/10/17 on 9GO! (CH93.99)

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Australia v. Syria 7.30pm Tues 10/10/17 on 9GO! (CH93.99)

Post by Con M »

Unless the penny drops, the dummies of Channel 9 have relegated our Nation's crucial World Cup Qualifier to their secondary channel. The mug program directors haven't realized how well the game would rate if shown on their main Channel 9 station which is showing "The Block" & "The Big Bang Theory". Hopefully some wealthy advertisers demand that the idiots switch it. Competition from the others for ratings will come from Seven's "First Dates Australia" and Ten's "Australian Survivor".

On the playing front, hopefully the money men are right. I'm no betting man, but those dastardly bookies do have Australia $1.33, a draw $4.75 and Syria $9.50.

But based on last Thursday's performance in Malacca I thought it would have been tighter than that. For mine only Matt Ryan, Aaron Mooy & Matthew Leckie played really well.

90 minutes can fly past brutally quickly if Syria is clinging to a narrow win or 2-2 draw and they get up to delaying shenanigans & pretend-injuries.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Australia v. Syria 7.30pm Tues 10/10/17 on 9GO! (CH93.99

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote:Unless the penny drops, the dummies of Channel 9 have relegated our Nation's crucial World Cup Qualifier to their secondary channel. The mug program directors haven't realized how well the game would rate if shown on their main Channel 9 station which is showing "The Block" & "The Big Bang Theory". Hopefully some wealthy advertisers demand that the idiots switch it. Competition from the others for ratings will come from Seven's "First Dates Australia" and Ten's "Australian Survivor".

On the playing front, hopefully the money men are right. I'm no betting man, but those dastardly bookies do have Australia $1.33, a draw $4.75 and Syria $9.50.

But based on last Thursday's performance in Malacca I thought it would have been tighter than that. For mine only Matt Ryan, Aaron Mooy & Matthew Leckie played really well.

90 minutes can fly past brutally quickly if Syria is clinging to a narrow win or 2-2 draw and they get up to delaying shenanigans & pretend-injuries.
The Block is one of Nine biggest rating shows so they not going to change just be thankful its on FTA TV.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Con M wrote:Unless the penny drops, the dummies of Channel 9 have relegated our Nation's crucial World Cup Qualifier to their secondary channel. The mug program directors haven't realized how well the game would rate if shown on their main Channel 9 station which is showing "The Block" & "The Big Bang Theory". Hopefully some wealthy advertisers demand that the idiots switch it. Competition from the others for ratings will come from Seven's "First Dates Australia" and Ten's "Australian Survivor".

:lol: The Block is the highest rating show on television

nobody cares about the Skipperoos

Forza Syria!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Why does it matter?

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Grosso wrote:

Forza Syria!
I didn't realise you were so passionate about middle-eastern football,

Are you an Assad man or all about the ISIS?
It's all in the Delivery!

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Brian the Postman wrote:
Grosso wrote:

Forza Syria!

Grosso is anti ISIS and supports Syrian sovereignty which you skips tried to take away by supporting ISIS

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Brian the Postman wrote:
Grosso wrote:

Forza Syria!

No just any team that plays against Australia.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Grosso wrote: Grosso is anti ISIS and supports Syrian sovereignty which you skips tried to take away by supporting ISIS
Firstly :lol:

Secondly, it's your country doing it.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Grosso wrote: Grosso is anti ISIS and supports Syrian sovereignty which you skips tried to take away by supporting ISIS

your country too, but also your people not Grosso's.
and your other country is the biggest supporter of terrorists the world has ever seen

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Grosso wrote:

and your other country is the biggest supporter of terrorists the world has ever seen
Correct, it is my country doing it as well. It's your people as well, you're australian.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Grosso wrote:

Correct, it is my country doing it as well. It's your people as well, you're australian.
Looks like you're having trouble with your grammar now. Maybe you should practice what you preach chief?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Grosso wrote:Looks like you're having trouble with your grammar now. Maybe you should practice what you preach chief?
You're just proving my points for me now.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Grosso wrote:Looks like you're having trouble with your grammar now. Maybe you should practice what you preach chief?
:? You're just generating auto responses now that have worked for you in the past but have no relevance here.
You've cracked :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Grosso wrote:
:? You're just generating auto responses now that have worked for you in the past but have no relevance here.
Or you're that easy to prove wrong, it's one of them two options.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Grosso wrote:
Or you're that easy to prove wrong, it's one of them two options.
:oops:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

2-0

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

God is an Englishman wrote:2-0
You're cracking. You're under pressure and speaking like an uneducated Aussie skip bogan now. :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Grosso wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:2-0
You're cracking. You're under pressure and speaking like an uneducated Aussie skip bogan now. :lol:
You make it too easy. I know you pretend that English isn't your first language but come on, at least put in an effort.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

Hope we don't see a repeat of an out of condition 34yr old (Firas Al Khatib #10) running rings around our Socceroos defence as he did the other night when he come on as a late sub. Looked Master class.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Mooy & Risdon dropped to the bench - Rogic & Cahill in and Leckie to RWB are the changes I hear so far. I think there will be more changes surely Milligan will be out with battering he got.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Mr Red wrote:Mooy & Risdon dropped to the bench - Rogic & Cahill in and Leckie to RWB are the changes I hear so far. I think there will be more changes surely Milligan will be out with battering he got.
Why oh why would Ange drop our most creative player in Mooy?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Here is our starting XI: Ryan; Sainsbury, Degenek, Jurman; Milligan; Leckie, Rogic, Troisi, Smith; Kruse; Cahill

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

At least Grosso might be quiet for 24 hours.

Great result but still two tough games ahead.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

ozzie owl wrote:At least Grosso might be quiet for 24 hours.

Great result but still two tough games ahead.
wrong again

how much did Frank pay the ref to be substituted before ET?

Doovde
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doovde »

Was good to see the RBB out in force

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Doovde wrote:Was good to see the RBB out in force
they were only there because of politics. They supported ISIS and were anti Assad.
Many of them were prevented from entering the ground because they were carrying FSA flags.