Deserved to lose

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Deserved to lose

Post by Mr Red »

Yes I did think this was poor at the time.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Just on another thing - I thought the refs over both games let a lot of things go, which made it tense at times between both teams.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mr Red wrote:Just on another thing - I thought the refs over both games let a lot of things go, which made it tense at times between both teams.

The ref last night let a lot of vey nasty tackles by the Brazilian defenders go, one player should have been sent off three time in the second half and Marta got more frees for falling over than she got for actual tackles.

They were also very unsporting throughout the game and particularly at the end when they rejected handshakes. :roll:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Why was their an australian ref?

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

didnt watch, but Australians are generally rude on the sporting field then expect their opponents to be friendly at the end of the game

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Grosso wrote:didnt watch, but Australians are generally rude on the sporting field then expect their opponents to be friendly at the end of the game
See now you really are just talking out of your clack, players all over the world give it to each other on the park but when the whistle goes shake hands and move on. At different times teams from all over the world have spat it and not been the best of sports at the end of a game not just Australians.
You are definitely a self parody and I do enjoy your valiant attempts to clickbait this forum
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Mackem Lad wrote:
Grosso wrote:didnt watch, but Australians are generally rude on the sporting field then expect their opponents to be friendly at the end of the game
See now you really are just talking out of your clack, players all over the world give it to each other on the park but when the whistle goes shake hands and move on. At different times teams from all over the world have spat it and not been the best of sports at the end of a game not just Australians.
You are definitely a self parody and I do enjoy your valiant attempts to clickbait this forum
It would be frightening to consider the amount of self-abuse he would engage in when he isn't on this forum talking cabernet.
It's all in the Delivery!