Cup Finals '17 Info

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cup Finals '17 Info

Post by On The Pine »

Hey all,

Does anyone have any details on KO times? Is Hindmarsh locked in?

Cheers.

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cup Finals '17 Info

Post by On The Pine »

Bump. Surely someone, somewhere has KO times and can confirm the venue? Thanks in advance.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

It will be on the SAASL web site - oh no hang on :oops:
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

On The Pine wrote:Image

Bump. Surely someone, somewhere has KO times and can confirm the venue? Thanks in advance.
Hindmarsh stadium this Sunday. KO times in the past have been 1030, 1230, 230 and 430pm
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

haywood djablowme wrote:
On The Pine wrote:Image

Hindmarsh stadium this Sunday. KO times in the past have been 1030, 1230, 230 and 430pm
Only 3 games next Sunday at Hindmarsh...Over 35s, Reserves and Seniors.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Swanny - is this the first time in cup history the final will be played between two teams that have been undefeated in their league for the season ??

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

bloodypassit wrote:Swanny - is this the first time in cup history the final will be played between two teams that have been undefeated in their league for the season ??
Should be a cracker, guy at work is pumping westies up asking if anyone at the Downs wants to take on a 1000 buck bet reckons the Westies steam train is coming to town.....Two good sides going at it, to bad about the crappy coopers beer and bars shutting just after half time....Personally think it should of been held at Para Hills they did a cracking job yesterday. Why not give it to a local northern club but hey the purists love going to hindmarsh....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

legga wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Swanny - is this the first time in cup history the final will be played between two teams that have been undefeated in their league for the season ??
Should be a cracker, guy at work is pumping westies up asking if anyone at the Downs wants to take on a 1000 buck bet reckons the Westies steam train is coming to town.....Two good sides going at it, to bad about the crappy coopers beer and bars shutting just after half time....Personally think it should of been held at Para Hills they did a cracking job yesterday. Why not give it to a local northern club but hey the purists love going to hindmarsh....
Surface of the ground garnered a few complaints yesterday...but around the ground, excellent catering.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

legga wrote:

The surface at PH has always been too hard late in the season and a few felt it yesterday but top marks to PHK in opening their club up to it and the catering was great.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Too right there swanny made the downs bounce look tame. Just liked the atmosphere, all the beer tents and bbg scattered around and of course the lovely sunshine. Plus beating the old enemy was a bonus.....Of course Mr Swannsong had his big lense in hand....Bring on sunday..... :D :D

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Mackem Lad wrote:

The surface at PH has always been too hard late in the season and a few felt it yesterday but top marks to PHK in opening their club up to it and the catering was great.
......and the money that they made was just an added bonus? :D

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I know that both finalist every year have generally not lost a Cup game..

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

luckily PHW have got one of the best keepers in the league, their gunna need him
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

He might need a good physio on Monday too :lol:

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

Carn the Westie boys. stoked that we're a part of the big dance this year. obviously Downs have set the bench mark this season so will be great to see how we measure up. we've got an amazing group that fears no one so should be a cracking game of football. I predict (and pray for) a 2-0 westies victory!
HAIL HAIL

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

35s CUP FINAL
Elizabeth Vale v Salisbury Inter
0-0 ht
1-1 ft
5-4 pen
Goals - (SI) Colin Griffiths 43 (EV) Bradley Moore 79
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

flashBLACK
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by flashBLACK »

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

RESERVES CUP
Sturt Marion v Adelaide Uni
0-1 ht
1-3 ft
Goals - (AU) Javier Victoria 83, 90 Jalen Marks 38 (SM) Dennis Horton 74
Don Coppola Medal - Javier Victoria (AU)
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

manu1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by manu1 »

Downs 2 Westies 1 after extra time

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

CHALLENGE CUP
Para Hills West v Elizabeth Downs
0-1 ht
1-1 ft
1-2 et
Goals - (PHW) Kurtis Cracknell 70 (ED) Mark Kelly 38 Scott Lindsay 105
Templin Medal - Scott Lindsay

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Stella effort from the westies boys pushing the best team all year all the way...
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Elizabeth Downs Undefeated League and Cup Winners :D :D :D :D :D :D

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

legga wrote:Elizabeth Downs Undefeated League and Cup Winners :D :D :D :D :D :D
Downs surprised me with the style and quality of their football. They are the best ball playing amateur side I have seen since BOSA vintage 2005. I can certainly see why they went undefeated and have some top players.

With no disrespect to the Downs their number 9 should really be playing at a higher level. A very graceful and aware player who has the ability to be showing his wares on a higher stage.

Also well done to the league for getting the final back to Hindmarsh.
It's all in the Delivery!

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Did you watch a different game to everyone else? Myself and about 10 people around me thought Billy was very lazy and uninterested yesterday.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

chunky-monkey wrote:Did you watch a different game to everyone else? Myself and about 10 people around me thought Billy was very lazy and uninterested yesterday.
Have to agree just seemed off his game, but has been carrying an ankle injury for about a month or so.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

chunky-monkey wrote:Did you watch a different game to everyone else? Myself and about 10 people around me thought Billy was very lazy and uninterested yesterday.
I only saw the first half, in the parts that I saw he played the game at his own speed and went past the Para Hills West guys with ease.
It's all in the Delivery!

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

It was his birthday as well....No a very entertaining game and all the lads love playing at Hindmarsh. Bar stayed open right up until game finished which was first...No dramas two good crowds enjoying it all. Cheers to Motts for his cracking coaching record and now we start a new chapter in our clubs history with the Messiah giving it away...Few coals in the fire in regards to a replacement so all looking good and no I wont tell until our committee make that decision....
Well done to everyone involved in yesterdays final and well done to Swannsong making the journey back to his spiritual home to enjoy the celebrations with us, after an all day effort on the camera...Nulli Secundus

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

legga wrote:
It was his birthday as well....No a very entertaining game and all the lads love playing at Hindmarsh. Bar stayed open right up until game finished which was first...No dramas two good crowds enjoying it all. Cheers to Motts for his cracking coaching record and now we start a new chapter in our clubs history with the Messiah giving it away...Few coals in the fire in regards to a replacement so all looking good and no I wont tell until our committee make that decision....
Well done to everyone involved in yesterdays final and well done to Swannsong making the journey back to his spiritual home to enjoy the celebrations with us, after an all day effort on the camera...Nulli Secundus
Just a little detour on the way home :D

OMG
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OMG »

Brian the Postman wrote:
legga wrote:Elizabeth Downs Undefeated League and Cup Winners :D :D :D :D :D :D
Downs surprised me with the style and quality of their football. They are the best ball playing amateur side I have seen since BOSA vintage 2005. I can certainly see why they went undefeated and have some top players.

With no disrespect to the Downs their number 9 should really be playing at a higher level. A very graceful and aware player who has the ability to be showing his wares on a higher stage.

Also well done to the league for getting the final back to Hindmarsh.
I think Billie has tried Feds at Div 1 with Raiders but couldn't hold his spot and then to Div 2 with Modbury before venturing off to TTG and now the Downs.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

would of left raiders at 17. don't remember Modbury, could be wrong tho. would have been real short stay
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly