SAASL Affiliation to the FFA/FFSA

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

South Australian Amateur Soccer League Inc.
Notice to All Clubs
Information Meeting at Grange Reserve on Wednesday 13th September 2017 at 7pm.
The SAASL Management Committee has had detailed discussions over several months with the FFSA regarding an Affiliation from 2018.
Since 2007 the football community has been fractured around the divisions with differing agendas and in need of reconciliation for the benefit of the game. The opportunity to bring the game together has never been better.
The Management Committee seeks the opportunity to be brief Clubs on the background, extent and current standing of the discussions being held with the FFSA.
Furthermore, the Management Committee will present the key points of the discussion and be seeking input from the Clubs regarding any other key issues for further consideration
The SAASL Management Committee requests all SAASL Clubs be represented by 2 senior Committee Members being from:
 Chairman
 Vice Chairman
 Secretary
This is a significant opportunity that your Club will need to consider prior to any final decision on the Affiliation Proposal being sought at a Special General Meeting.
Significantly, under the current Affiliation Proposal, the SAASL will continue to be an incorporated and autonomous body.
You as the member clubs will continue to have equal voting rights in the affairs and management of the League. Your vote will still count in the SAASL and the benefits of being part of the Australian football family will be significant.
Special General Meeting – Grange Reserve Tuesday 26th September 2017 at 7pm.
The SAASL Management Committee, will present the Affiliation Proposal with a recommendation for the Clubs to vote as per the requirements of the Constitution.
Only Clubs that are registered and financial with the League prior to the Special General Meeting, will be eligible to vote at the Special General Meeting.
Non-attendance at these meetings will result in your Club being fined as per the Constitution.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: SAASL Affiliation to the FFA/FFSA

Post by Brian the Postman »

So I wonder what would change given they would remain a separate autonomous and incorporated body.
It's all in the Delivery!

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Brian the Postman wrote:So I wonder what would change given they would remain a separate autonomous and incorporated body.
CSL is run much the same way.

From what i gather some things they get are: ffsa referees (would it mean end of sa ameteur refs?), able to refer issues to ffsa dc, entry into ffa cup etc.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Gristy wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:So I wonder what would change given they would remain a separate autonomous and incorporated body.

From what i gather some things they get are: ffsa referees (would it mean end of sa ameteur refs?), able to refer issues to ffsa dc, entry into ffa cup etc.
-Might find the SAASRA will come under the same umbrella and aligned to the FFA/FFSA
-Registration though myfootball- this will minimise registration issues that have occured in Div 1 this year and other divisions in previous years
-SAASL clubs being able to have trial games against FFSA/CSL clubs again
-FFSA clubs with SAASL teams being able to play for either ..( rules would be similar to those in CSL)

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

bloodypassit wrote:
Gristy wrote:

-Might find the SAASRA will come under the same umbrella and aligned to the FFA/FFSA
-Registration though myfootball- this will minimise registration issues that have occured in Div 1 this year and other divisions in previous years
-SAASL clubs being able to have trial games against FFSA/CSL clubs again
-FFSA clubs with SAASL teams being able to play for either ..( rules would be similar to those in CSL)
Would it also let SAASL clubs enter the FFA Cup?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Mackem Lad wrote: Would it also let SAASL clubs enter the FFA Cup?
As per previous years, it's likely they would be as Rostrevor from the Collegiate League were allowed to enter.
http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/ffs ... mio00amhjk
As there are 39 nominated teams there will be an initial qualifying round of the Preliminary Rounds in South Australia. These matches will consist of teams from the State League 2 competition along with affiliated association teams from the Regional Associations and Collegiate Soccer League.
A lot of things TBD, and will likely be discussed at the meeting.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

SAASL should mirror FFSA leagues and introduce a top 5 finals series at the end of home and away season
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

haywood djablowme wrote:SAASL should mirror FFSA leagues and introduce a top 5 finals series at the end of home and away season
Why?
We already have a cup and a league - the set up is the same as every other footballing nation that don't seem to need such a spurious convoluted ending to a season and if it ain't broke then why try to fix it?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

finals is a money grab, not needed or sought by this association
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Would like to see did 1 & 2 increased to 12 teams

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Does that mean the Mighty Downs could be the last saals DIVISION ONE CHAMPIONS :shock: :shock: :shock:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

legga wrote:Does that mean the Mighty Downs could be the last saals DIVISION ONE CHAMPIONS :shock: :shock: :shock:
Might be the first SAALS champions????

My understanding is the SAASL will still keep its name and administration

All that will happen is SAASL will be under the FFA/FFSA umbrella as mentioned before

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

bloodypassit wrote:
legga wrote:Does that mean the Mighty Downs could be the last saals DIVISION ONE CHAMPIONS :shock: :shock: :shock:

All that will happen is SAASL will be under the FFA/FFSA umbrella as mentioned before
So in saying that can someone enlightened me to What benefits do the amateur clubs get by doing this ? Will all leagues and structures be the same ? and finally being under their so called umbrella will they be more harsh on the so called disgrace of teams like the butt fingerers and the coward ref attackers.......

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

Does that mean a single player registration system?
Lots of clubs may simply fold because they can't get the Feds to fill in.

Mr Michael Carter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mr Michael Carter »

legga wrote:So in saying that can someone enlightened me to What benefits do the amateur clubs get by doing this ? Will all leagues and structures be the same ? and finally being under their so called umbrella will they be more harsh on the so called disgrace of teams like the butt fingerers and the coward ref attackers.......
1) Pathway for Juniors
2) Referees
3) One Identity for football in this state
4) Streamlined procedures and processes
5) Entry to the FFA cup
6) Action when required

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

legga wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

So in saying that can someone enlightened me to What benefits do the amateur clubs get by doing this ? Will all leagues and structures be the same ? and finally being under their so called umbrella will they be more harsh on the so called disgrace of teams like the butt fingerers and the coward ref attackers.......

The benefit will be that you guys will no longer be div 1 Champions.
Be more like Div 4 or 5 or 6 :lol: :lol:

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

redwin wrote:
legga wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

If the amateur league remains a separate autonomous body then they will still be Div 1 Champions.

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

Why would the FFSA want to have 2 amateur leagues running in parallel?

Either SAASL would swallow up Collegiate or vice-versa.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Mr Michael Carter wrote:
legga wrote:So in saying that can someone enlightened me to What benefits do the amateur clubs get by doing this ? Will all leagues and structures be the same ? and finally being under their so called umbrella will they be more harsh on the so called disgrace of teams like the butt fingerers and the coward ref attackers.......
1) Pathway for Juniors
2) Referees
5) Entry to the FFA cup
6) Action when required
So amateur teams can enter their juniors in JPL if they choose?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

N5 1BH wrote:
Mr Michael Carter wrote:
1) Pathway for Juniors
2) Referees
5) Entry to the FFA cup
6) Action when required
So amateur teams can enter their juniors in JPL if they choose?
JSL under the current system
some SAASL teams already have JSL teams with the FFSA
but hopefully if we can get the game united under one umbrella .. the EDJSA will be able to play Junior State Championships

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

At least an effort is being made here so good on everyone involved so far. Lets just hope cool heads prevail and some flexibility shown by both parties to achieve a generally accepted result.
Ignore this signature

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Bomber wrote:At least an effort is being made here so good on everyone involved so far. Lets just hope cool heads prevail and some flexibility shown by both parties to achieve a generally accepted result.
Exactly :wink:

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

redwin wrote:Why would the FFSA want to have 2 amateur leagues running in parallel?

Either SAASL would swallow up Collegiate or vice-versa.
that's what I don't get other than them just adding participation numbers.

would be good for all to come under 1 pathway, similar to what they have in Brisbane.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Be more like Div 4 or 5 or 6 :lol: :lol:[/quote]

And we will win that shite as well.....

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

redwin wrote:The benefit will be that you guys will no longer be div 1 Champions.
How so? They would not be entering the NPL they would still be in an Sunday amatuer comp.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

IF it goes the same way as the Collegiate comp,
there would be minimal changes to the SAASL structure and management....
You would have access to FFSA refs for ALL grades at $90 per game and would have to register on MFC as a central rego system...
Current Collegiate / FFSA rules allow players to play UP from CSL to State Leagues unrestricted and a small amount of movement down based upon State League level a player has played (U18's are unrestricted but A grade cannot move directly down). There is also a cap on how many games a t State League A grade and reserve level you can play before no further movement for that player.
So, a well run club can integrate its seniors, juniors and amateurs and the quality of process and refs is consistent (I wont say always good through experience).
Downsides, fees will potentially be more ($62.50 per player for CSL which is mandated by the FFSA). I can also smell a move to create a State League 3 which gets easier (not easy )when the clubs are all under the FFSA umbrella. This could be a mixture of Collegiate and SAASL clubs in theory as they won;t get enough interest from either singularly... but that's just my guess.
Shiraz clubs will still be dealt with by the SAASL body so no change in respects of improved discipline...

A move to unify soccer in the state would be good.. but beware as the devil is in the detail :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

So far I cannot think of one decent reason for this to happen. I really hope the clubs vote it down.

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

Its an affiliation, not a take over. Nothing will intrinsically change. FFSA will just get the numbers to enter more teams into the FFA Cup in the first instance.
Hopefully the SAASL will get a representative on the FFSA board. Either way the SAASL is an Incorporated body and nothing will change to the management structure etc unless the member clubs vote accordingly.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

htfac wrote:Its an affiliation, not a take over. Nothing will intrinsically change. FFSA will just get the numbers to enter more teams into the FFA Cup in the first instance.
Hopefully the SAASL will get a representative on the FFSA board. Either way the SAASL is an Incorporated body and nothing will change to the management structure etc unless the member clubs vote accordingly.
Which is the way it was always planned surely.
Time for some righteous indignation

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Old Redback wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:SAASL should mirror FFSA leagues and introduce a top 5 finals series at the end of home and away season
Why?
We already have a cup and a league - the set up is the same as every other footballing nation that don't seem to need such a spurious convoluted ending to a season and if it ain't broke then why try to fix it?
Why not?? Whats wrong with change and further excitment in the league?? The season is only 18 games + cup.. No better time to implement it with the potential affiliation with FFSA.

Ask the current coaches and crop of players their opinion and i think you would be surprised with their response
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012