Craig Laird's SAASL Cup Round 3 Write Up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

manu1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by manu1 »

July 15-16, 2017

Match of the Day
PARA Hills West have come from behind on three occasions before defeating Salisbury Florina 4-3 in their round 3 Cup tie at Underdown Park.
Westies, top of the Sunday 2nd division, travelled to Underdown Park looking to test themselves against a Florina team sitting 4th in the Sunday Premier division.
Luke Singlewood opened the scoring for the home side before Luke Air slotted the equaliser for Westies. BJ McCormack regained the lead for Florina again only for Luke Air to again tie thinks up as the teams went to the break at 2-2.
On 55 minutes Florina took the lead for a 3rd time when Singlewood was on hand to tap in his 2nd goal but once again Westies refused to buckle with Luke Air firing home his hat trick.
With 15 minutes left Greg Jerome had a shot from distance which found its way under the diving Florina keeper which proved enough for the 2nd division club to book a spot in the Quarter Finals.
Westies coach Michael Iacovino “I was really delighted with the character the boys showed to come from behind three times. We aren’t under illusions but we are in a Quarter Final so anything’s possible.”

CUP Holders Brahma Lodge have ridden their luck to defeat Old Ignatians 1-0 at Margaret Bond Oval.
The goal came on 50 minutes with a touch of class from Jarred Foster who ghosted around a couple of defenders before sliding the ball home.

2005 Cup Winners BOSA had to fight hard for a 1-0 win over fellow Saturday Div 1 opponent Salisbury Villa at Charles Cane Reserve.
The 2nd placed BOSA were strong favourites against the bottom placed Villa and the winner came late in the opening half when a Dino Mennillo cross was struck home by John Hayes.

A Strong 2nd half performance has helped Salisbury Inter to a 4-0 win over Adelaide Pumas at Thomas Turner Reserve.
Inter had keeper Josh Foreshaw to thank for the 0-0 score line at half time after he denied a goal bound Puma free kick with a brilliant diving save.
Marcus Marchioro settled Inter down two minutes after the break when he got on the end of a Chris Fleming pass before finishing coolly.
Inter doubled their lead through Nathan Pettit on 75 minutes before Pettit turned provider for Marchioro’ s 2nd goal and Boree Kieng rounded off a fine 2nd half with Inter’s 4th.

PARA Hills East needed extra time to defeat a plucky Angle Vale 4-2 at Para Hills Oval.
The Premier division East opened the scoring on three minutes through an Alex Baxter free kick but two goals early in the 2nd half gave Angle Vale, bottom of Sunday Div 2, hope of a major cup upset.
With 94 minutes on the clock Easties snatched an equaliser thanks to a toe poke from Daniel Pearce.
In extra time a Jamie Conlon header and a Tyler Winn goal saved Easties blushes as they moved into the Quarter Finals with a 4-2 win.

SEVEN time Cup Winners Parafield Gardens have been bundled out 4-3 to Saturday Premier opponent Modbury Jets despite an Alban Martini hat trick.

In Sunday’s Fixtures ELIZABETH Downs cruised into the Quarters with a 6-0 thumping of Modbury Vista at Richardson Reserve.
Doubles from Scott Lindsay and Ben McMullen ensured the four time Cup winning Maroons would be in the Quarter Final draw.
While Elizabeth Vale have come away from Walkeys Park with a 4-2 win over Ingle Farm.
Vale led through a fine Jordan Kember free kick before Callum McKay equalised and then Liam Mulvaney gave Farm the lead.
Five minutes before the break Dave Westel rose high to head home from a Kember cross.
With the game up for grabs the Vale’s Michael Francis struck twice in the last 20 minutes to knockout the 2015 Cup winning Farm.

bert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Craig Laird's SAASL Cup Round 3 Write Up

Post by bert »

Craig.
Maybe now and again you could come out and watch a Sat. Game and then maybe pur write up wouldn't of been so pathetic or aren't we worthy.
played4ever

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

bert wrote:Craig.
Maybe now and again you could come out and watch a Sat. Game and then maybe pur write up wouldn't of been so pathetic or aren't we worthy.
Not sure if being sarcastic but be thankful for any write-up that gets put up on here.
He does a really great job each week with his summaries - why don't you do something constructive to help rather than just complain.
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

Come on Bert. You know its all about Sunday. That's all that is important. :D

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Clearly bert is a sook. Why don't you do a write up for Saturday games, bellend!
Ignore this signature

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

shiraz off
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

Maybe now and again you could come out and watch a Sat Game and then maybe pur write up wouldn't of been so pathetic or aren't we worthy.
Look forward to Bert's weekly write up on Saturday league each week.
Oh Wait, far easier sitting back potting someone in 1 sentence than committing your own time to write something with substance hey Bert !! :clown:

Keep up the good work Craig !

bert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bert »

Really funny bomber you knob jockey bit hard to do a write up whilst working at a club then coaching.
Just saying Saturdays just aren't bothered with.
played4ever

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

bert wrote:Really funny bomber you knob jockey bit hard to do a write up whilst working at a club then coaching.
Just saying Saturdays just aren't bothered with.
Well then STFU - maybe Craig has other things to do on a Saturday! :roll:
Ignore this signature

bert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bert »

I wasn't expecting Craig to watch every game
Quite impossible but a simple phone call after a brilliant cup game would of been great. I thought we could have a port on hear. Ah well
played4ever

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Craig does a fair bit of groundwork collating the information....he usually attends a game himself (on Sunday) and then rings certain people at Clubs that are playing (both teams) and garners the information from them....only a 3-5 minute phone call but multiply that by 5 games and it takes between 30-50 minutes to contact people and then type it up then and email the write up to a few people...I post the write up on Facebook and someone else posts it on the forum....send him your phone contact for future reference..
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

gers1872
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by gers1872 »

G'day Bert, I made 4 calls on Sunday to 2 different phone numbers I found for contacts at Modbury Jets. I had a text message from one of those numbers this morning at 6:30am apologising for not hearing my voice mail on Sunday which is no issue but the report needs to be in by 6pm Sunday night. My arrangement with the Messenger and Amateur league is to do the Sunday comp. For cup games I'm happy to cover as many games as I can but without the info it can't be done. If you want to give me a contact I'd be happy to call you after the quarter finals.
My interest is in the Sunday comp and I'm not interested in committing to Saturday and Sunday but I know the amateur league would be happy for someone to cover it.
Cheers Craig

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

I understand where your coming from but harsh to put in on Craig who without his work
and reports we'd have nothing.

I always return his calls if I miss him but do know that not all coaches do so he can only go by what he's told as he can't attend every game.

Great result for Jets and good to see them having a good cup run 8)

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

Bomber wrote:Clearly bert is a sook. Why don't you do a write up for Saturday games, bellend!
Bert has more of a clue then you will ever have. You're the 'Bellend' and one of the most conceited and arrogant posters on this site. Nick off back to your own world where you can argue all day with JD. :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

Then he should be able to manage a write up.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

mushrow wrote:
Bomber wrote:Clearly bert is a sook. Why don't you do a write up for Saturday games, bellend!
Bert has more of a clue then you will ever have. You're the 'Bellend' and one of the most conceited and arrogant posters on this site. Nick off back to your own world where you can argue all day with JD. :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
Knowing both individuals, they both contribute to the local game in different ways and the game would be worse off without them.

The fact you're too stupid to grasp this speaks volumes.

It is a pity that the game of the round was not reported on, but it appears Craig did his best to get in touch given his limited time and resources.
Time for some righteous indignation

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

mushrow wrote:
Bert might have clue about certain things, but to come on here and slag off at Craig is pitiful. Fact is I don't know who he is but I know a shit post when I see one and those that knock volunteers clearly have "issues".

You can slag off at me, I don't give a toss as people like you aren't worth two cents anyway, as some have already worked out.
Ignore this signature

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

be good if craig could give a write up whilst he's on the terraces at the ponderosa, I don't get the chance to see centrals now my lad plays on a saturday

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

Love that Bert had a little cry about a volunteer not writing about what he wanted him to. Then it turns out that his own club was to blame for their being no report.

Get your facts straight before having a little cry.

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

mushrow wrote:
I've met them both. One's a decent bloke.

bert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bert »

Who rattled your chain johnny no friends
played4ever

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

Ouch, cutting insult. Maybe, you were the decent bloke.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Bert everything aside, care to tell us about the game, scorers (minutes), sending off (two yellow or straight red)?

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

redders wrote:Bert everything aside, care to tell us about the game, scorers (minutes), sending off (two yellow or straight red)?
That would require a fraction of the effort that Craig puts in, not on Burt's watch.