Round 3 big results

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Round 3 big results

Post by geoff9559 »

Ffsa are just not consistent with their rulings . ......can't fathom it .

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

geoff9559 wrote:Ffsa are just not consistent with their rulings . ......can't fathom it .
The FFSA treat each of these on a case by case basis and that is apparently enough to justify the decisions they make. But this is why clubs get frustrated because Playford follows the rules in having the mandated number of junior teams then discovers another club gets away with not meeting this requirement but is judged acceptable "because they have made exhaustive efforts to advertise for players".

So one rule for some and a different rule for the others. The FFSA should enforce the rule equally for all clubs (which might mean a senior team loses points). Or just get rid of the rule altogether!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

geoff9559 wrote:Ffsa are just not consistent with their rulings . ......can't fathom it .
You're trying to use logic to understand the ffsa, you'll be trying a LONG time.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Le_God79 wrote:
Talk about blowing this out of proportion buddy. Part of this was about me and my team - not all but part. If you bothered to read I feel sorry that the opponents had to turn up to a game that was not in their interests as well. All I'm saying is why pull the pin the day after, it makes no sense and was a waste of time (and you still haven't answered the question I posed to you wither).
Believe it or not this topic is not all about you and your sarcastic approach either but if it makes you feel better about yourself and you are not happy to debate rationally then keep on going...
Why pull the pin next day? Maybe that was when the meeting was. How many people were needed at the meeting to decide the format, should they all drop their other commitments to suit you?

I know it's not all about me, however immigration is the highways form of flattery. So, thank you very much.

What question haven't I answered. Post again and I will either point out where I answered it or answer it.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

themessenger wrote:
The FFSA treat each of these on a case by case basis and that is apparently enough to justify the decisions they make. But this is why clubs get frustrated because Playford follows the rules in having the mandated number of junior teams then discovers another club gets away with not meeting this requirement but is judged acceptable "because they have made exhaustive efforts to advertise for players".

So one rule for some and a different rule for the others. The FFSA should enforce the rule equally for all clubs (which might mean a senior team loses points). Or just get rid of the rule altogether!!
Playford are a State league two team, they don't need a team in each age group. The ruling is a minimum of three JPL teams which Playford meet comfortably. Teams such a Demons or Hawks do not have three teams. Playford also have the option of putting a team straight in the JSL as Cove have done this year with their U14's

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

I see that modbury vista defeated playford 20:0.... as stated previously vista are strong and for Playford to meet them aftwr moving to pool c would not have done their confidence the best cheers geoff9559

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

hmmmm - ok I saw via the mobile app the result for Playford this afternoon and now have been able to see the actual breakdown of the results. One Vista player scored 10!! You'd think that after scoring a hat trick that possibly they'd be moved to a different position to try something new or to work a few things out with plays within the squad.......I know Vista are strong but didnt expect the breakdown of the scores to not be even across their playing squad.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:I see that modbury vista defeated playford 20:0.... as stated previously vista are strong and for Playford to meet them aftwr moving to pool c would not have done their confidence the best cheers geoff9559
I'm hearing Playford U14's have thrown the towel in.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Surely not.

What happens to all the players already in the team? I did notice they forfeited the game on Sunday but that could be for a variety of reasons.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Surely not.

What happens to all the players already in the team? I did notice they forfeited the game on Sunday but that could be for a variety of reasons.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Chocco wrote:Surely not.

I've heard they've gone too.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Well i hope it isnt true as that could be a number of kids who leave the sport ....maybe never to return. Cheers geoff9559

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:Well i hope it isnt true as that could be a number of kids who leave the sport ....maybe never to return. Cheers geoff9559
Their game on Friday night has now been shown as a forfeit too.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

I guess only getting 3 goals to 47 in four matches in Pool C would be demoralising...

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

I see the FFSA are now limiting the score lines in the JPL to an 8 goal margin.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Pie and Bovril wrote:I see the FFSA are now limiting the score lines in the JPL to an 8 goal margin.
Yeah i was looking at jpl c div u16 earlier today and there was some decent margins. Unisa def by adelaide uni was 12 nil and now shows 8 nil. I bet that makes them feel a whole lot better.

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

So how the 8 goal cap work on goal difference at end of season?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

KRO wrote:So how the 8 goal cap work on goal difference at end of season?
Goal difference is capped at 8. You can see the scorers when you click on match centre so the actual scoreline can be seen. I've seen that a lot of managers do not note the scorers which is a bit strange as they are supposed to.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Very good question. If you have 2 teams tied on points and both had matches where they won in excess of 8-0 the REAL goal difference could have made all the difference. Will be interesting to see.

Also I have no idea how capping a score line after the event makes any different to the kids. If you lose 20-0 you know too well you lost 20-0. The fact that FFSA say it was 8-0 (assuming you bother to check the website later) does not change the fact you lost 20-0. It's a load of horse faeces.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

limozeen wrote:
Very good question. If you have 2 teams tied on points and both had matches where they won in excess of 8-0 the REAL goal difference could have made all the difference. Will be interesting to see.

Also I have no idea how capping a score line after the event makes any different to the kids. If you lose 20-0 you know too well you lost 20-0. The fact that FFSA say it was 8-0 (assuming you bother to check the website later) does not change the fact you lost 20-0. It's a load of horse faeces.
what if it was tied between a so called bigger team and one less fancied............

totally agree though, all the kids know what the score was.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

limozeen wrote:

If you know that the score will be capped at 8-0 maybe some coaches will come to their senses and rather than continuing to score as many goals as possible to humiliate the opposition, they can restrict the scoring by putting some rules into place eg. make 10 passes in your own half before going over the half, every player must touch the ball etc.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

rossonero wrote:
limozeen wrote:

If you know that the score will be capped at 8-0 maybe some coaches will come to their senses and rather than continuing to score as many goals as possible to humiliate the opposition, they can restrict the scoring by putting some rules into place eg. make 10 passes in your own half before going over the half, every player must touch the ball etc.
Why? I've never understood why you would actively make life hard for a team to stop them playing so well.

The issue here is the FFSA and the grading of teams. Mandatory JPL is a problem for some clubs who's JPL team is not up to that standard and some JSL teams that are good enough for a JPL competition should be moved up.
Go Reds

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Many coaches have different opinions and I am not saying that anyone is right or wrong, in my opinion if my team is at a much higher level than the opposition I will give my team tasks to not allow the score to get out of control.

There are plenty of areas I can concentrate on and improve my team eg, building up play from the back, keeping possession etc

How do you know you are playing well? Is the score the indicator?????

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

rossonero wrote:Many coaches have different opinions and I am not saying that anyone is right or wrong, in my opinion if my team is at a much higher level than the opposition I will give my team tasks to not allow the score to get out of control.

There are plenty of areas I can concentrate on and improve my team eg, building up play from the back, keeping possession etc

How do you know you are playing well? Is the score the indicator?????
No the score is just the outcome of a heap of other things. If you're 15-0 up it's probably more a sign that the other team is way out of their depth as opposed to your team being amazingly brilliant. Yes there are always things to work on and they will vary from team to team. Some things I can understand like, as you say, playing out from the back etc, but I don't like annoying the kids by playing your striker in goals or taking off the best players to sit on the bench just to make the other team feel better.

Just for the record as a player and assistant coach I've been on both sides of the equation.
Go Reds

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Still getting big score lines. I only flicked through the JPL results and despite half of the fixtures being postponed there were still 12-0, 14-0, 16-2 etc.

Maybe the FFSA should look at this and make a decision to swap some weaker JPL with stronger JSL.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Pie and Bovril wrote:Still getting big score lines. I only flicked through the JPL results and despite half of the fixtures being postponed there were still 12-0, 14-0, 16-2 etc.

Maybe the FFSA should look at this and make a decision to swap some weaker JPL with stronger JSL.
I know in the U12s there are grading rounds then the teams are going to be reshuffled for the remainder of the season to be in more realistic groupings.

Doesn't help teams U13 and above though.
Go Reds

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

The issue here is the FFSA and the grading of teams. Mandatory JPL is a problem for some clubs who's JPL team is not up to that standard and some JSL teams that are good enough for a JPL competition should be moved up.[/quote]

Agree 100% with the last sentence. The JSL comp needs to be disbanded and just have leagues A to E. Let teams play in the league that best represents their ability. Just need to impose rule that clubs can only have one team per league. FFSA will not make the change though without pressure form club delegates. If clubs want this ask your delegate to consider its merit with your club and then ask the FFSA. If the majority of clubs want change FFSA will look at it.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:Agree 100% with the last sentence. The JSL comp needs to be disbanded and just have leagues A to E. Let teams play in the league that best represents their ability. Just need to impose rule that clubs can only have one team per league. FFSA will not make the change though without pressure form club delegates. If clubs want this ask your delegate to consider its merit with your club and then ask the FFSA. If the majority of clubs want change FFSA will look at it.
FFSA could start by changing the ruling about NPL teams having to field JPL teams in each age group.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Mrs Red wrote:The issue here is the FFSA and the grading of teams. Mandatory JPL is a problem for some clubs who's JPL team is not up to that standard and some JSL teams that are good enough for a JPL competition should be moved up.
Agree 100% with the last sentence. The JSL comp needs to be disbanded and just have leagues A to E. Let teams play in the league that best represents their ability. Just need to impose rule that clubs can only have one team per league. FFSA will not make the change though without pressure form club delegates. If clubs want this ask your delegate to consider its merit with your club and then ask the FFSA. If the majority of clubs want change FFSA will look at it.[/quote]
Good idea.

Winning 14 Nil doesn't develop the winning team or the losing team. It's a lose lose.
Go Reds

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Everyone has good ideas but don’t we follow the national system now?

Clubs like city, metro have heaps of kids and can field 3 teams that will prob be competitive in the a div.

Zone areas, live in a suburb then tied to that club.