LEG BREAKING TACKLE

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

LEG BREAKING TACKLE

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Didn't watch the Republic of Ireland v Wales match and in truth thought they would nullify each other with a fairly predictable no scoring draw. However the main 'highlight' of the match came in the 68th minute when Neil Taylor (Wales) slid in with a wild tackle on Seamus Coleman (Republic) and broke his opponent's fibula and tibia. The referee was spot on and duly sent the Welsh player off with no complaints from any players, recognising the seriousness of the challenge. All 'good' in that the official carried out his job but the concern for me is the one match suspension. Surely a tackle of this magnitude should carry the mandatory minimum two match suspension minimum as per club guidelines. How can a tackle and injury in this category only carry a one match suspension? FIFA are currently looking in to this and an investigation is underway. Would be willing to bet my house on it (if the wife would let me) that it will certainly be increased to a minimum of two games or more. If not then the game is going backwards IMO.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: LEG BREAKING TACKLE

Post by God is an Englishman »

There was no malice in it, just a lunge for the ball that went wrong. I was just gutted, I was hoping it would be james mclean.

FIFA will up it from one game to at least 2.

Taylor was apparently in tears afterwards about it and text coleman and went to visit him in hospital.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:There was no malice in it, just a lunge for the ball that went wrong. I was just gutted, I was hoping it would be james mclean.

Taylor was apparently in tears afterwards about it and text coleman and went to visit him in hospital.

Very sad that you would wish such an injury on another player.

Have you any idea of how it feels to have your leg broken in a tackle and the effect it can have on a professional Football player's future?

Because if you had you wouldn't make such a stupid comment.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:There was no malice in it, just a lunge for the ball that went wrong. I was just gutted, I was hoping it would be james mclean.

Have you any idea of how it feels to have your leg broken in a tackle and the effect it can have on a professional Football player's future?

Yes, I have broken my leg and broken someone's leg.

Couldn't care less about mclean, I hope his next cabernet is a hedgehog with aids.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:

Yes, I have broken my leg and broken someone's leg.

Couldn't care less about mclean, I hope his next cabernet is a hedgehog with aids.

Yep, that just about sums you up.

You really do have a serious mental problem - for your own sake see a shrink. :!:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: Yep, that just about sums you up.

You really do have a serious mental problem - for your own sake see a shrink. :!:
Do you know the story about mclean? If you do, then I'm shocked you don't think the same.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote: Yep, that just about sums you up.

Do you know the story about mclean? If you do, then I'm shocked you don't think the same.

I know the story but, as any sensible person knows, there are usually two sides to every story.

I was the victim of such a tackle aged 15 and it cost me over twelve months out the game and any chance of ever playing in English Football, because as you should know, that type of injury was nearly always career ending in those days.

These days medical treatments have improved out of sight and most injuries can be fixed relatively easily.

The guy who ended my career, after four years playing overseas, a Scottish chap who with the initials AG, was known for putting quite a number of players out the game, but I don't hold any grudge against him, because that's just Football and anyone who goes into it believing it is fair is a fool.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: I know the story but, as any sensible person knows, there are usually two sides to every story.

I was the victim of such a tackle aged 15 and it cost me over twelve months out the game and any chance of ever playing in English Football, because as you should know, that type of injury was nearly always career ending in those days.

These days medical treatments have improved out of sight and most injuries can be fixed relatively easily.

The guy who ended my career, after four years playing overseas, a Scottish chap who with the initials AG, was known for putting quite a number of players out the game, but I don't hold any grudge against him, because that's just Football and anyone who goes into it believing it is fair is a fool.
I wish I had a pound for everybody who claims they would have been a fantastic professional footballer but for an injury.

Anyway, mclean's a champagne.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote: I know the story but, as any sensible person knows, there are usually two sides to every story.

I wish I had a pound for everybody who claims they would have been a fantastic professional footballer but for an injury.

Well, you won't earn a red cent from me.

I have never claimed I was destined for 'Greatness', I was just a good player who went as far as his talent would take him., no more no less, and injury just put me out before my time - that is Football.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

I have never claimed I was destined for 'Greatness', I was just a good player who went as far as his talent would take him., no more no less, and injury just put me out before my time - that is Football.
I was the victim of such a tackle aged 15 and it cost me over twelve months out the game and any chance of ever playing in English Football

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The guy who ended my career, after four years playing overseas, a Scottish chap who with the initials AG, was known for putting quite a number of players out the game, but I don't hold any grudge against him, because that's just Football and anyone who goes into it believing it is fair is a fool.[/quote]

Anyway, mclean's a champagne.[/quote]

I have never claimed I was destined for 'Greatness', I was just a good player who went as far as his talent would take him., no more no less, and injury just put me out before my time - that is Football.[/quote]
I was the victim of such a tackle aged 15 and it cost me over twelve months out the game and any chance of ever playing in English Football
[/quote]

So? What are you trying to say now?

I managed to gain a place in France and Holland where I progressed to the Senior ranks a lot sooner than I would have in England, so it was no great loss in the end.

Stop trying to make points that aren't there, it just shows how pathetic and desperate you are to score any little victory.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: So? What are you trying to say now?

I managed to gain a place in France and Holland where I progressed to the Senior ranks a lot sooner than I would have in England, so it was no great loss in the end.

Stop trying to make points that aren't there, it just shows how pathetic and desperate you are to score any little victory.
In that very quote you say how you would have been a pro in England but for an injury. One of many who have used that excuse.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

In that very quote you say how you would have been a pro in England but for an injury. One of many who have used that excuse.

As usual, you are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill, I have said that not playing in England actually worked out better for me, as I at least got nearly four years playing senior football whereas in England I would probably not have made it until I was 20 or23.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

As usual, you are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill, I have said that not playing in England actually worked out better for me, as I at least got nearly four years playing senior football whereas in England I would probably not have made it until I was 20 or23.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Stop trying to make points that aren't there, it just shows how pathetic and desperate you are to score any little victory.[/quote]

In that very quote you say how you would have been a pro in England but for an injury. One of many who have used that excuse.[/quote]

As usual, you are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill, I have said that not playing in England actually worked out better for me, as I at least got nearly four years playing senior football whereas in England I would probably not have made it until I was 20 or23.[/quote]
[/quote]

Refer to my previous post.

This is the last comment I will make on this topic for today as I've become bored trying to get through that thick skull of yours and have much more interesting things to do, like washing the lunch dishes.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Refer to my previous post.

This is the last comment I will make on this topic for today as I've become bored trying to get through that thick skull of yours and have much more interesting things to do, like washing the lunch dishes.
It's there in your own words. Buy a dishwasher you cheapskate.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Another topic ruined by two "never-beens"!
:roll:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:Another topic ruined by two "never-beens"!
That's 3 now.

You may care to notice though that I made a comment on the incident itself which someone decided to turn into an insult on me.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

That's 3 now.

You may care to notice though that I made a comment on the incident itself which someone decided to turn into an insult on me.

Are you claiming perjury as an excuse now? :oops: :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
That's 3 now.

Are you claiming perjury as an excuse now? :oops: :roll:
I think I would recall if I was ever placed under oath.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So, Old Master. When was I placed under oath?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Okay GIAE and Old Master, putting personal differences aside and dealing with the actual tackle itself what would you both see as a fair suspension (in games) regarding Neil Taylor?
On a personal level I have also suffered a leg break playing in my early years and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:Okay GIAE and Old Master, putting personal differences aside and dealing with the actual tackle itself what would you both see as a fair suspension (in games) regarding Neil Taylor?
On a personal level I have also suffered a leg break playing in my early years and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
2 games, it has to be more than the standard 1 but it's not a violent conduct and there was nothing malicious in it just a terribly timed tackle.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

thebeautifulgame wrote:Okay GIAE and Old Master, putting personal differences aside and dealing with the actual tackle itself what would you both see as a fair suspension (in games) regarding Neil Taylor?
2 games, it has to be more than the standard 1 but it's not a violent conduct and there was nothing malicious in it just a terribly timed tackle.
I agree with you in part that it was not intentional/malicious but if we are serious about protecting the safety of players and sending out a strong message, IMO it should be a 3 game suspension. I believe Messi got a 4 game ban for insulting an official which could be seen by many as being heavy handed compared to Naylor's punishment.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:
I agree with you in part that it was not intentional/malicious but if we are serious about protecting the safety of players and sending out a strong message, IMO it should be a 3 game suspension. I believe Messi got a 4 game ban for insulting an official which could be seen by many as being heavy handed compared to Naylor's punishment.
I certainly wouldn't be jumping up and down complaining about it if he got 3. Mainly because it's wales and I couldn't care less how long they get banned for :lol:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

thebeautifulgame wrote:

3 games should be the penalty for such a bad tackle as it appears to have not been deliberate.

As for Messi, he did hurt the referee's feelings and it was probably deliberate.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

should be a 3 game ban

p.s why are you wishing it upon mcclean just wondering ?
I speak nothing but the truth

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The one and only wrote:should be a 3 game ban

p.s why are you wishing it upon mcclean just wondering ?
Refuses to wear the poppy, showed disrespect to the national anthem. All whilst happily earning his money with the Queen's head on it.

Asahara Shōkō
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Asahara Shōkō »

I wouldn't wear a poppy either.
Apparently Knight15 finds me attractive

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Asahara Shōkō wrote:I wouldn't wear a poppy either.
You don't play football in England, if refused in England - expect to be abused.