Steve Smith a cheat?

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Steve Smith a cheat?

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Treatment of Broad? Is he worried about meaningless papers now? I hope he chooses a different shrink to that of Trott.

If you refer to Aussie crowds, the vast majority boo him with a smile, much like they did to the saffer captain recently.

He's seemed to cope with Aussie crowds in the BBL okay, so maybe you're making mountains out of molehills (see Bodo for therapy) :wink:
He's not worried at all, I'm sure he laughs at it all and doesn't come out saying how they got to him like some aussies have done.

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy. Some on here were calling Broad a cheat whilst not seeing the other side of the coin. I'm just here to educate and help you watch with both eyes open.
Who on here? Anyway, you are the hypocrisy police, I get that now, but isn't it funny how you only highlight it when its the big bad Aussies who border on it. We're over Broad - you clearly aren't over Smith.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
Bomber wrote:Treatment of Broad? Is he worried about meaningless papers now? I hope he chooses a different shrink to that of Trott.

If you refer to Aussie crowds, the vast majority boo him with a smile, much like they did to the saffer captain recently.

He's seemed to cope with Aussie crowds in the BBL okay, so maybe you're making mountains out of molehills (see Bodo for therapy) :wink:
He's not worried at all, I'm sure he laughs at it all and doesn't come out saying how they got to him like some aussies have done.

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy. Some on here were calling Broad a cheat whilst not seeing the other side of the coin. I'm just here to educate and help you watch with both eyes open.

Who on here? Anyway, you are the hypocrisy police, I get that now, but isn't it funny how you only highlight it when its the big bad Aussies who border on it. We're over Broad - you clearly aren't over Smith.
Broad was over 3 years ago, Smith wasn't even 3 months ago

I can't specifically remember who on here, but there was a fair few who have referred to him as a cheat.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

How can he do that, with only one eye? :wink:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:

He hasn't gotten over Ponting yet.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I couldn't care less if he got turned down and then beaten up by a tranny.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:I couldn't care less if he got turned down and then beaten up by a tranny.

yes you would, if it was your call girl.
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I couldn't care less if he got turned down and then beaten up by a tranny.

yes you would, if it was your call girl.
I've told you before. No matter how much you want it to happen, I'm not that way inclined.

What's your opinion on steve smith being a cheat?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Interesting to note that Smith first ball edged a caught behind and walked before a Pakistani appealed today. Many others would have waited for a decision.
Ignore this signature

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

He was getting sick of Hawkesy giving him stick.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Interesting to note that Smith first ball edged a caught behind and walked before a Pakistani appealed today. Many others would have waited for a decision.
Well done to him then, maybe he's learnt his lesson.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Bomber wrote:Interesting to note that Smith first ball edged a caught behind and walked before a Pakistani appealed today. Many others would have waited for a decision.
But he didn't during the 3rd test and seemed convinced the DRS had it in for him.
Time for some righteous indignation

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

No one can persuade me that simply standing there and respectfully waiting for the umpires decision amounts to cheating. Arguing with the umpire or showing dissent just makes you look like a twat.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:No one can persuade me that simply standing there and respectfully waiting for the umpires decision amounts to cheating. Arguing with the umpire or showing dissent just makes you look like a twat.
I believe you should always walk. My issue is more with that some are chastised for not walking and other's aren't.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

N5 1BH wrote:No one can persuade me that simply standing there and respectfully waiting for the umpires decision amounts to cheating. Arguing with the umpire or showing dissent just makes you look like a twat.
I believe you should always walk. My issue is more with that some are chastised for not walking and other's aren't.

:lol:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

I don’t believe all Englishmen would be subjected to double standards and hysterical over the top abuse by the aussie media for not walking. I’m sure Matt Renshaw will be okay when he stands his ground .

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:
I don’t believe all Englishmen would be subjected to double standards and hysterical over the top abuse by the aussie media for not walking. I’m sure Matt Renshaw will be okay when he stands his ground .
I cannot think of anyone in the English media who has been subjected to the abuse that Stuart Broad was.

As for Renshaw - I believe the Barmy Army have some good lighthearted banter in line for him.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

poor little Broad......
:cry:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nothing changes, smith still a cheat.

Jim's Alterego
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jim's Alterego »

What has happened for you to dig this up after eleven months?
Franchises available

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Jim's Alterego wrote:What has happened for you to dig this up after eleven months?

I was looking for something else and I saw it but Steve Smith claiming catches that have bounced.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Jim's Alterego wrote:What has happened for you to dig this up after eleven months?

I was looking for something else and I saw it but Steve Smith claiming catches that have bounced.

As opposed to Butler catching a ball that clearly touched the ground in the ODI?
:roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:

As opposed to Butler catching a ball that clearly touched the ground in the ODI?
:lol:

If it clearly hit the ground, which it didn't. How comes the umpires didn't over rule it?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Because they didn't have scientific microscopic proof, but under the laws of the game had to back the on field umpire who couldn't have been certain anyway. Poor decision, as was Smith's when he got one in his favour in a similar fashion (as per recent FB discussion)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Because they didn't have scientific microscopic proof, but under the laws of the game had to back the on field umpire who couldn't have been certain anyway. Poor decision, as was Smith's when he got one in his favour in a similar fashion (as per recent FB discussion)
So not CLEARLY then?

When did Smith get one in his favour? Do you mean Khawaja?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:Because they didn't have scientific microscopic proof, but under the laws of the game had to back the on field umpire who couldn't have been certain anyway. Poor decision, as was Smith's when he got one in his favour in a similar fashion (as per recent FB discussion)
So not CLEARLY then?

When did Smith get one in his favour? Do you mean Khawaja?
Yes, Khawaja, sorry. How the ump could categorically say that was out is a joke.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Seems to be hobby on here accusing successful Australian batsmen of cheating , first Steve Waugh and now Smith . Oh yes every single English player is squeaky clean .

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
Seems to be hobby on here accusing successful Australian batsmen of cheating , first Steve Waugh and now Smith . Oh yes every single English player is squeaky clean .
You are a bit like a reformed smoker

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Nice to see the English cricketers continue to cheat in the T20 tri-series..... Claiming catches that clearly hit the ground

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Wayne Kerr wrote:Nice to see the English cricketers continue to cheat in the T20 tri-series..... Claiming catches that clearly hit the ground
Yep and Clarke the twat calling it 100% out and a terrible decision, what a grenache sucker he is

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:Nice to see the English cricketers continue to cheat in the T20 tri-series..... Claiming catches that clearly hit the ground
Michael Clarke wrote:100% that's out