2017 Trials - Junior Playing Fees

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 2017 Trials - Junior Playing Fees

Post by fball12 »

Mrs Red wrote:
fball12 wrote:The Eastern Suburbs Tax (EST) is applied to the Eastern football clubs junior fees - in most cases 30-50% higher or more than Northern, Southern and Western clubs.

Tradesman apply the EST to all work done in the eastern suburbs.

By the Junior Fees quoted by Eastern Suburbs clubs its apparent they are charging like tradesmen. It does not reflect the cost of the service or the value provided.
Is the EST a type of claytons GST lol
Correct, but a lot higher.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

fball12 wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:.
Is the EST a type of claytons GST lol
Correct, but a lot higher.[/quote]

Maybe its so high to offset the Eastern Suburbs Protection Fund costs (ESPF). You would hate to have to wear ES cement shoes. :)

HEMICRANK
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HEMICRANK »

further to Magnets reply ...the point is that a player is pretty much locked out of trialling at other clubs having trialled at club "A" ,then gets selected for a 30 man squad with " yet to be assigned " coach...hands over the 10 green notes and prepares himself for another year of mediocrity .. the FFSA should demand clubs keep the trial periods open longer and clubs should not be allowed to collect fees until coaches have been selected...if there are so many players in an over supply situation then how can this be difficult for clubs to offer...they can only sell each position once .! . I see the new UNI SA club has offered this level of communication ...lets hope the other clubs follow ....and soon .

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

HEMICRANK wrote:further to Magnets reply ...the point is that a player is pretty much locked out of trialling at other clubs having trialled at club "A" ,then gets selected for a 30 man squad with " yet to be assigned " coach...hands over the 10 green notes and prepares himself for another year of mediocrity .. the FFSA should demand clubs keep the trial periods open longer and clubs should not be allowed to collect fees until coaches have been selected...if there are so many players in an over supply situation then how can this be difficult for clubs to offer...they can only sell each position once .! . I see the new UNI SA club has offered this level of communication ...lets hope the other clubs follow ....and soon .
Magnet is right. Coaches coach for nine months of the year and need some time off. There reason for holding the trials in the first week is so you get it done and dusted. Besides, most clubs will have coaches in place and if parents could be bothered to email or ask the club then they will get all the information they need. The problem is they won't have anything to moan about.

Laces thru the ball
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Laces thru the ball »

I'm sure if only 50% of the fees were re-invested into our juniors then we wouldn't care too much about paying the $900+ per year.
I believe the angst is building here because parents (in their opinion) are not seeing much value for their money.
One simple way of seeing if a club is investing in its juniors is to assess their goal nets and corner flags. If they are ratty, mismatching and ill-fitting then you can rest assured that the club is not investing anything into its juniors.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

I can see a number of clubs doing following up trials in Oct with basically all clubs doing their trials in the same week in Sept.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:I can see a number of clubs doing following up trials in Oct with basically all clubs doing their trials in the same week in Sept.
They will be the clubs looking to fill squad numbers #15 & #16 of the JSL team. Anyone who waits until October is mad. Select the club and team you would like to join and make that your first priority. If the club can't tell you now via phone call or email who the coach is then give it a wide berth.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

magnet wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:
They will be the clubs looking to fill squad numbers #15 & #16 of the JSL team. Anyone who waits until October is mad. Select the club and team you would like to join and make that your first priority. If the club can't tell you now via phone call or email who the coach is then give it a wide berth.
Yes that's fine but if your looking to be a JPL player and you don't get into your first club of choice then you could be in limbo.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:
magnet wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:
Yes that's fine but if your looking to be a JPL player and you don't get into your first club of choice then you could be in limbo.
....and this is why clubs are in a no win situation. Parents slag clubs off for not notifying which team their Son will be playing in but also want them to keep spots available if they don't get in elsewhere.

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

Mrs Red wrote:Modbury SC fees in 2016

U12 to First team $680
Under 10 and 11 $460
Under 8 and 9 $410
Under 6 and 7 $350

I wouldn't think it will be much different in 2017 :wink:
I think northern/southern clubs are always going to be cheaper than central based clubs. Especially given the socio-economics of the suburbs. Money is always going to be a debate, and it depends what value people put on good environments, good coaching and the development of their children. Personally (and this is my own opinion) i would pay upwards of 4-5k for a development program per season - just like i would pay extra for a well reputable school that is proven to educate children to the highest degree. The issue is that no CLUB in this state develops players, merely they're fortunate enough to have select coaches who do a remarkable job within the teams they work with.

Clubs should advertise their fees, but id be paying much more attention to the coaches in charge of the team i was taking my kid too (if i had one of course). People get caught up in playing for this club and that club, but it all means nothing. 3 things should matter - who is the coach and the technical staff (technical directors etc)? what is the clubs development policy? how long has it been in place (track record)? If they're all ticked, then most parents would consider any price value for money.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

matty2323 wrote: 3 things should matter - who is the coach and the technical staff (technical directors etc)? what is the clubs development policy? how long has it been in place (track record)? If they're all ticked, then most parents would consider any price value for money.
Probably the first time ive agreed with you.

But parents care more about if the team is in "A" division.
Another words, you could take your kid to Modbury which ticks all those boxes above, but say you have an U13 kid, and their U12, 14, 15, 17 are in "A" Division, but the U13 team is in "B", they will try and go to an U13 "A" division team to try their luck getting in, they wont care about the above.

Its the problem with parents because 90% are too competitive in life. And it will get worse, as much as we try and educate them.

johnpd
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by johnpd »

Port Adelaide Pirates Soccer Club Fees for 2017

U6 – 7 $300.00
U8- 9 $400.00
U10 – 11 $450.00
U12 $625.00
U13- 17 $700.00

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

BeNatural wrote:
matty2323 wrote: 3 things should matter - who is the coach and the technical staff (technical directors etc)? what is the clubs development policy? how long has it been in place (track record)? If they're all ticked, then most parents would consider any price value for money.
Probably the first time ive agreed with you.

But parents care more about if the team is in "A" division.
Another words, you could take your kid to Modbury which ticks all those boxes above, but say you have an U13 kid, and their U12, 14, 15, 17 are in "A" Division, but the U13 team is in "B", they will try and go to an U13 "A" division team to try their luck getting in, they wont care about the above.

Its the problem with parents because 90% are too competitive in life. And it will get worse, as much as we try and educate them.
Understandable, the perceived best players want to be competing in the perceive best league. I feel it may deter from attracting "new players", but if you have a really strong environment that ticks all those 3 boxes, i think most players would want to stay who are already in the environment.

I was coach of an U14A team who got relegated. All players stayed in U15Bs bar 2, who moved up to U19s. Players were very happy with the environment and what they were learning. Most of these have gone on to play First team football at various clubs in the SL/NPL. Clubs need a pathway, coaches need to be able to sell their ideas and players and parents need to see tangible results in their kids development.

I still see all these fancy trial forms going out (and i'm sure my club will be the same) and yet most dont list Cost, and everyone i've seen doesn't list Coaches. You want the best players? You need the best coaches. And if you cant get the best coaches, get well experienced coach educators who are willing to help develop all your coaches so that you can have the coaches. Parents and players still ask the wrong questions. Parents pay $$ for their kids to play at the bigger clubs in this state based on reputation - a reputation mainly built by their senior teams who are actually made up of very few club developed players.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

There's still a few clubs advertising for coaches, with some identifying specific ages that they are missing. Going by the discussion I'd be guessing they'd be possible clubs to avoid/worry about what you might be getting into. Only a few clubs have listed or mentioned names of junior coaches. Cheers geoff9559

Andre PM
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Andre PM »

Clubs in SA are like coffee shops plenty of them around using the same brand and charging the same price . But the truth is not manny make a good cup of coffee .
Most clubs don't understand value for money .. In my opinion 95% of SA clubs should charge a couple of hundred bucks at the most for your kid to play football . Because that's all it's worth ., mediocra facilities , awful trainings and game pitches . Volunteers and non footballers coaches and assistant . No proofen academy set up . No communication to parents and their children about how development is progressing ( or not ) ! Sadly every year are new victims to the herachy of SA soccer . Parents who just entered the game realizing where ever you go it's all the same . For Example some top clubs ( not to name any

Andre PM
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Andre PM »

Have 4 under 9s teams with 1000 bucks a player . 50 grant ! Does anyone believe they'll spend 10 grant on each coach to assure good development ( 10 grant is cheap on a quality coach ) coach

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Andre PM wrote:Clubs in SA are like coffee shops plenty of them around using the same brand and charging the same price . But the truth is not manny make a good cup of coffee .
Most clubs don't understand value for money .. In my opinion 95% of SA clubs should charge a couple of hundred bucks at the most for your kid to play football . Because that's all it's worth ., mediocra facilities , awful trainings and game pitches . Volunteers and non footballers coaches and assistant . No proofen academy set up . No communication to parents and their children about how development is progressing ( or not ) ! Sadly every year are new victims to the herachy of SA soccer . Parents who just entered the game realizing where ever you go it's all the same . For Example some top clubs ( not to name any
All clubs charge according to their needs to survive, otherwise there wouldn't be clubs around to provide competition!
They do not all charge the same, therefore people have a choice where they go and "ALL" clubs do a pretty good job providing for the kids!
Victim is a harsh word to use as I think most families are pretty happy with the game!

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Andre PM wrote:Clubs in SA are like coffee shops plenty of them around using the same brand and charging the same price . But the truth is not manny make a good cup of coffee .
The thing is, the club you are setting up is utilising University grounds, who will subsidise costs and charge you a smaller fee to use their facilities.

A club like Campbelltown City, has 6 pitches and two clubrooms, and the council charges for usage, maintenance and utilities costs are much higher because councils dont subsidise expenses.

Hence why you can charge $200, but others need to charge $800 just to break even.

I wouldnt say 95% of clubs arent giving back to the kids in terms of qualified coaches, development assessment, as quite a few clubs are doing this right at the moment, i would more say 80% arent doing this.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

What an utterly depressing post. People aren’t being forced to play the game. The kids play because they want to play. The majority of clubs are doing it tough given the lack of support and facilities. Parents moaning about the dollars because it impacts their ability to buy the next packet of cigarettes. I don’t see them moaning when they hand them over to some sucker of a volunteer for 5+ hours a week.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Twice the cost difference e.g. $1000 for Under 8 in the Eastern Suburbs versus $300 in the West, North or South is not justified by their costs in the Eastern Suburbs or the quality of their coaches.

Anyone trying to sell this to parents is just unethical.

It's very obvious anyone who is trying to get people to believe this is fair value is part of the administration of a club and is therefore biased.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Watching people attempt to defend the indefensible is always entertaining. But what’s the FFSAs take on all this, aren’t they supposed to administer the league so everyone can play? Have they got input into the fee structure or are they just innocent bystanders? Either way can’t be any doubt this open trial period is one major PR disaster each and every year.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

N5 1BH wrote:Watching people attempt to defend the indefensible is always entertaining. But what’s the FFSAs take on all this, aren’t they supposed to administer the league so everyone can play? Have they got input into the fee structure or are they just innocent bystanders? Either way can’t be any doubt this open trial period is one major PR disaster each and every year.
Only in your perception.

Went through the process for seven years. A slight degree of uncertainty at times, but never a life scarring experience as some want to suggest.
Time for some righteous indignation

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Stitch This wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Watching people attempt to defend the indefensible is always entertaining. But what’s the FFSAs take on all this, aren’t they supposed to administer the league so everyone can play? Have they got input into the fee structure or are they just innocent bystanders? Either way can’t be any doubt this open trial period is one major PR disaster each and every year.
Only in your perception.

Went through the process for seven years. A slight degree of uncertainty at times, but never a life scarring experience as some want to suggest.
You may think everything is rosy with high fees and everything else.
Not all people share your view.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

fball12 wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Only in your perception.

You may think everything is rosy with high fees and everything else.
Not all people share your view.
I should have clarified that my response was in regard to N5 1BHs post was regarding trials rather than fees.

But if you want to talk fees, as has been pointed out ad nauseum on here, there are plenty of clubs offering a varied range of fees, some much lower than others.

The reality appears to be that the communists on here want their kids playing at the better established clubs, but for the same fees as being charged by the less well heeled clubs.

If you feel that someone is pocketing money from these fees for themselves then inform the appropriate authorities. If you feel it can be done cheaper then do what the guys at Mawson Lakes have done, start up your own club and show us how it's done.
Time for some righteous indignation

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Stitch, stop talking sense, it might actually catch on to the ill-informed masses.........
Ignore this signature

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

No it won't.
Quote me !

jonno
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jonno »

Dalziel wrote:Vipers FC this year were:
$495 under 12 to under 17
$375 under 8 to under 11
$250 7 and younger

Our prices will go up this year but will do our best to still keep as low as possible.

Vipers FC have always tried to keep cost down and will do again for 2017.. Their emphasis is development for ALL children.

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Mount Barker United Soccer Club 2017 fees
U12's $495 Coach: TBD
U13's $495 Coach: Enrico Iasiello
U14's $495 Coach:Rowan Schindler
U16's $495 Coach: Mark Swithenbank
Junior Technical Director Shane Lea

All teams in 2017 will be playing on the fantastic main pitch at Cornerstone Oval and will have access to the same facilities, equipment and pitch as the Senior Mens club throughout the season!

Trails will be on
Saturday 22nd October 11am -1pm at Cornerstone Oval
Sunday 23rd October 11am to 1pm at Cornerstone Oval with a free BBQ after for any players that trial :)

An information / meet and greet session will be held on Thursday 20th October for parents and players to meet the coaches and get an understanding of what they will get in way of coaching, training and facilities whilst at Mount Barker United. This session starts at 5.30 pm at Anembo park Club rooms
For more information go to our website link below
http://www.mbusc.com.au/stateleague/jun ... 17-season/

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Dash Riprock wrote:Mount Barker United Soccer Club 2017 fees

All teams in 2017 will be playing on the fantastic main pitch at Cornerstone Oval and will have access to the same facilities, equipment and pitch as the Senior Mens club throughout the season!

Trails will be on
Sunday 23rd October 11am to 1pm at Cornerstone Oval with a free BBQ after for any players that trial :)

An information / meet and greet session will be held on Thursday 20th October for parents and players to meet the coaches and get an understanding of what they will get in way of coaching, training and facilities whilst at Mount Barker United. This session starts at 5.30 pm at Anembo park Club rooms
Are you not trialling U15's?

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Dash Riprock wrote:Mount Barker United Soccer Club 2017 fees

Trails will be on

Are you not trialling U15's?
Not this season.... We have a policy to only field teams where we have dedicated / qualified coaches and with an U12 in the breach, we will only field 4 JPL teams as above..
Its not perfect but one step at a time to make sure we give the kids the best outcome we can.... Tempting to stretch ourselves too thinly but the focus is on the quality of the product.. There was logic behind the age group choices for 2017 and it came down to an U15 or U16 team (and we already have a good U16 squad ready to go from last seasons U15 comp.. o it was an easy choice in the end).