2017 Trials - Junior Playing Fees

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

2017 Trials - Junior Playing Fees

Post by themessenger »

Clubs should be more proactive when advertising their junior trials to also indicate what their playing fees are.

This is basic information parents need to know before taking their kids out to trial. If they can't afford $995 for their 7 year old to play at Campbelltown City then they know this up front and can head out to other clubs that are more affordable

This is even more important when many clubs are trialling at the same time.

So those clubs on the Forum,, promote your trials but be open and transparent about fees and payment of deposits as well. :)

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: 2017 Trials - Junior Playing Fees

Post by magnet »

themessenger wrote:Clubs should be more proactive when advertising their junior trials to also indicate what their playing fees are.

This is basic information parents need to know before taking their kids out to trial. If they can't afford $995 for their 7 year old to play at Campbelltown City then they know this up front and can head out to other clubs that are more affordable

So those clubs on the Forum,, promote your trials but be open and transparent about fees and payment of deposits as well. :)
Only an idiot would do that. Get the kid in for a trial, offer him a place and then let the parents know the fees and get a deposit within a week. By that time little Jonny has his heart set on playing for the club and it’s too late to trial elsewhere.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

themessenger wrote:Clubs should be more proactive when advertising their junior trials to also indicate what their playing fees are.

Why single out one club?

Plenty of others charging comparable fees.
Time for some righteous indignation

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Stitch This wrote:

Why single out one club?

Really? Who else is charging that much for U8's

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:

Why single out one club?

Really? Who else is charging that much for U8's
Provide me with a comprehensive list of all clubs and their fees and I'll let you know you.
Time for some righteous indignation

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Stitch This wrote: Why single out one club?

Really? Who else is charging that much for U8's[/quote]
Provide me with a comprehensive list of all clubs and their fees and I'll let you know you.[/quote]
You're the one stating that plenty of other clubs are comparable. Which other clubs are charging $995 for U8's

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

If its a NPL team then expect 700 to 990 for junior fees. i havnt seen anything under this?

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

magicfootball1 wrote:If its a NPL team then expect 700 to 990 for junior fees. i havnt seen anything under this?
Juniors are U12-U17 and you are right fess are usually between $650-$1000. Charging $995 for U8's is a different story

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

It appears that basically all the clubs are starting their junior trials on the 26/9.

This will mean players will have less options at trialling at different clubs which could make it awkward for some.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Metrostars

U6 - U9 $770

U10 - U18 $990

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Modbury SC fees in 2016

U12 to First team $680
Under 10 and 11 $460
Under 8 and 9 $410
Under 6 and 7 $350

I wouldn't think it will be much different in 2017 :wink:

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:It appears that basically all the clubs are starting their junior trials on the 26/9.

This will mean players will have less options at trialling at different clubs which could make it awkward for some.
From a club point of view we don’t really have any other choice. It’s a long Season and coaches, players and parents would rather get it over with. Also given school holidays are between 1st October and 17th October it would be madness to leave it that long. Maybe clubs who struggle for numbers could leave it later as kids who haven’t secured a place elsewhere could trial.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Mrs Red wrote:Modbury SC fees in 2016

U12 to First team $680
Under 10 and 11 $460
Under 8 and 9 $410
Under 6 and 7 $350

I wouldn't think it will be much different in 2017 :wink:
A lot more reasonable than some.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

just saw Birkalla's fees and was surprised that there is now a new player 'joining' fee.....I didnt realise that this was around.

So Under 8s are $600 for playing and $180 additional for new players.

And for Under 12s to U16s are $870 for the 2017 season and $230 additional for new players. The joining fee does provide backpack and training kit.

Therefore I reckon clubs are now adding extra 'fees' over the norm.....sounds like a Credit Card from a bank :-)

At least there are no other hidden costs that banks seem to slug people with.

cheers

Geoff9559

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Fulham
U8's $450
U12-U17's $700

Sturt
U8's $390
U12-U17 $700

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

magnet wrote:Fulham
U8's $450
U12-U17's $700

Sturt
U8's $390
U12-U17 $700
Fulham & Sturt charge half the price of clubs in the east for U8's and also $200-300 less for older age groups.

How can there be such a difference?

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

fball12 wrote:
magnet wrote:Fulham
U8's $450
U12-U17's $700

Sturt
U8's $390
U12-U17 $700
Fulham & Sturt charge half the price of clubs in the east for U8's and also $200-300 less for older age groups.

How can there be such a difference?
Modbury is cheaper too. They appear to have the lowest junior fees overall.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Options people, options.

Private school costs different to public schools.

Swimming class costs vary at different centres, due to their expenses.

There is never going to be a flat rate across the board, you are going to have different levels of pricing.

But there is an option. Play at Fulham for $700 or play at Western Strikers for $800. There might not be any difference in the amount of training hours, or difference between the clubs coaching etc, but their expenses might be different, maybe Strikers has less sponsorship money or grants coming through compared to Fulham.

Either way, you have a choice to play at a "cheaper" fee structure club.

and the merry go round of this topic just keeps going around.

Ricky Tan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ricky Tan »

BeNatural wrote:Options people, options.

Swimming class costs vary at different centres, due to their expenses.

There is never going to be a flat rate across the board, you are going to have different levels of pricing.

But there is an option. Play at Fulham for $700 or play at Western Strikers for $800. There might not be any difference in the amount of training hours, or difference between the clubs coaching etc, but their expenses might be different, maybe Strikers has less sponsorship money or grants coming through compared to Fulham.

I too don't understand why people keep on going on about this issue. It is what it is get over it people!

Not happy with paying high fees, find a club suitable to your budget!

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Ricky Tan wrote:
BeNatural wrote:Options people, options.

Swimming class costs vary at different centres, due to their

I too don't understand why people keep on going on about this issue. It is what it is get over it people!

Not happy with paying high fees, find a club suitable to your budget!
Affordability is a big issue for parents who want their kids to play football at an FFSA club however my only reason for raising this topic is to encourage full disclosure by clubs when promoting their trials through this forum or via their website.

It's not difficult to do that. Parents need to know WHAT club is trialling WHEN and WHERE and the COST of playing fees. Simple.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

themessenger wrote: Affordability is a big issue for parents who want their kids to play football at an FFSA club however my only reason for raising this topic is to encourage full disclosure by clubs when promoting their trials through this forum or via their website.
But there is affordability. You mentioned Modbury is cheaper than other clubs in the area.

However, Is $5 or $6 per hour not affordable?

Doesnt your senior coach's kids play at another club? Choices.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

BeNatural wrote:
themessenger wrote: Affordability is a big issue for parents who want their kids to play football at an FFSA club however my only reason for raising this topic is to encourage full disclosure by clubs when promoting their trials through this forum or via their website.
But there is affordability. You mentioned Modbury is cheaper than other clubs in the area.

However, Is $5 or $6 per hour not affordable?

Doesnt your senior coach's kids play at another club? Choices.
I am not a player or a club official so dont have a senior coach.

But freedom to choose clubs is not what i am disputing. Only that CLUBS SHOULD ADVERTISE THEIR FEES at the same time they advertise their trial dates!

HEMICRANK
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HEMICRANK »

I guess the fee is what it is...I think the real test is to compare the fee with other sports but be careful to compare apples with apples. To me one of the big issues at this time of year is the game that clubs are playing with regards to the timing of trials and payments of these fees. Many clubs won't reveal (or worse don't know) coaching staff for next year or whether your son will be in jpl or jsl etc . For a fact clubs will offer a position next year for a player that is outstanding without trial or payment demands but bad luck if your lad is on the cusp of jpl or jsl and doesn't get any favours from the club decision makers ...this behaviour seems to get worse from 12's on when the sheep stations are up for grabs. No wonder so many boys drop out after this age. If the demand for a club position is growing exponentially (as we read in the media) then why wont clubs let players trial at multiple clubs to make sure they are happy with coaches and conditions instead of this payment/commitment demand that we see now without ANY promises as to coaching, training nights or other fair and reasonable information that should be provided .....but promising the worn out offers of quality training,
genuine input from experienced technical directors, valid promotion from jsl to jpl during the season etc etc .
Many parents tell me that they would pay more fees if all of these issues were corrected .
Good luck everyone at trials on the 26th....

Dalziel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dalziel »

Vipers FC this year were:
$495 under 12 to under 17
$375 under 8 to under 11
$250 7 and younger

Our prices will go up this year but will do our best to still keep as low as possible.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

HEMICRANK wrote:I guess the fee is what it is...I think the real test is to compare the fee with other sports but be careful to compare apples with apples. To me one of the big issues at this time of year is the game that clubs are playing with regards to the timing of trials and payments of these fees. Many clubs won't reveal (or worse don't know) coaching staff for next year or whether your son will be in jpl or jsl etc . For a fact clubs will offer a position next year for a player that is outstanding without trial or payment demands but bad luck if your lad is on the cusp of jpl or jsl and doesn't get any favours from the club decision makers ...this behaviour seems to get worse from 12's on when the sheep stations are up for grabs. No wonder so many boys drop out after this age. If the demand for a club position is growing exponentially (as we read in the media) then why wont clubs let players trial at multiple clubs to make sure they are happy with coaches and conditions instead of this payment/commitment demand that we see now without ANY promises as to coaching, training nights or other fair and reasonable information that should be provided .....but promising the worn out offers of quality training,
genuine input from experienced technical directors, valid promotion from jsl to jpl during the season etc etc .
Many parents tell me that they would pay more fees if all of these issues were corrected .
Well said!

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

fball12 wrote:
HEMICRANK wrote:I guess the fee is what it is...I think the real test is to compare the fee with other sports but be careful to compare apples with apples. To me one of the big issues at this time of year is the game that clubs are playing with regards to the timing of trials and payments of these fees. Many clubs won't reveal (or worse don't know) coaching staff for next year or whether your son will be in jpl or jsl etc . For a fact clubs will offer a position next year for a player that is outstanding without trial or payment demands but bad luck if your lad is on the cusp of jpl or jsl and doesn't get any favours from the club decision makers ...this behaviour seems to get worse from 12's on when the sheep stations are up for grabs. No wonder so many boys drop out after this age. If the demand for a club position is growing exponentially (as we read in the media) then why wont clubs let players trial at multiple clubs to make sure they are happy with coaches and conditions instead of this payment/commitment demand that we see now without ANY promises as to coaching, training nights or other fair and reasonable information that should be provided .....but promising the worn out offers of quality training,
Well said!
Go to a club that will provide this information before or during the trials and preferably in writing
If your son does not get a guaranteed place in a team, suggest you take him to another club that will say for sure he is in

Andre PM
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Andre PM »

UniSA FC juniors will be providing on the day of first trail all information ( in writing ) about off season program , pre season and Academy program. Fee structure and introduction of coaches .

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

themessenger wrote:
fball12 wrote:
Well said!
Go to a club that will provide this information before or during the trials and preferably in writing
If your son does not get a guaranteed place in a team, suggest you take him to another club that will say for sure he is in
What do you mean by this? He is either selected or not. If you are talking about JPL vs JSL then you can ask clubs prior to the trial whether players will be allocated to a team.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

The Eastern Suburbs Tax (EST) is applied to the Eastern football clubs junior fees - in most cases 30-50% higher or more than Northern, Southern and Western clubs.

Tradesman apply the EST to all work done in the eastern suburbs.

By the Junior Fees quoted by Eastern Suburbs clubs its apparent they are charging like tradesmen. It does not reflect the cost of the service or the value provided.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

fball12 wrote:The Eastern Suburbs Tax (EST) is applied to the Eastern football clubs junior fees - in most cases 30-50% higher or more than Northern, Southern and Western clubs.

Tradesman apply the EST to all work done in the eastern suburbs.

By the Junior Fees quoted by Eastern Suburbs clubs its apparent they are charging like tradesmen. It does not reflect the cost of the service or the value provided.
Is the EST a type of claytons GST lol