Who replaces Roy as England Manager?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Who replaces Roy as England Manager?

Post by ozzie owl »

Do English FA stick with English Manager or back overseas again?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Who replaces Roy as England Manager?

Post by Bomber »

Maybe they'll do what their Rugby team did and hire an ex-Aussie coach.

What's Frank Farina doing these days?
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

If they don't employ an English manager, then the #Brexit was pointless.

Could the Leavers ask to leave UEFA?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

ozzie owl wrote:Do English FA stick with English Manager or back overseas again?
It will be Gareth Southgate

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

magnet wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Do English FA stick with English Manager or back overseas again?

Phil Neville?
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

magnet wrote:
No other choices?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

ozzie owl wrote:
magnet wrote:
No other choices?
He's the bookies favourite and already embedded in the FA structure. We only have a couple of months before our first World Cup qualifier so they'll make a quick appointment.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Only English Managers in EPL are Howe (Bournemouth), Allardyce ( Sunderland), Pardew ( Palace) and Bruce ( Hull City) not a very exciting list.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

They could always look to the north.....it was the Scottish who taught them how to play.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Did Sven's parents have British Passports ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

We could have a referendum, anyone who owns an England shirt is entitled to vote.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Does it really matter? Result will be the same

But whoever comes in would have a death wish
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kosta Utd wrote:Does it really matter? Result will be the same

This is the problem, the guy appointing the next manager has this stunning resumé of football at the highest level.

Dan Ashworth
Technical Director

Dan joined The FA in 2013 as Director of Elite Development, and is in charge of elite England teams in the men's and women's game as well as FA Education and coaching.

A Pro Licence holder, Dan has over 16 years of coaching experience, beginning his career in 1997 in the academy at Peterborough United. In 2001 he moved to Cambridge United taking up the position of head coach, working closely with the reserve and youth teams and the youth director.

West Bromwich Albion was Dan’s next destination in 2004, when he took up the role of Director of Youth and Academy Manager. In 2008, he was promoted to Technical Director with responsibility for the first team, player recruitment, academy and medical services.

Honestly, the FA is full of suits who have very little professional knowledge of football and the bloke appointing the managers has only coached senior football at Cambridge!

We're doomed.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Don't worry cyril soon as u guys are out of the Eurozone you will have less Foreigners' in the league and more home grown talent, including managers

Mind u the scotts, Welsh n Irish may well be classed foreigners in the days to come an the old farts running the FA will die out sooner or later

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Btw.. Where is that big mouth old fart of an englishman that thinks he's God??

The silence is,defeaning but music to my ears :)

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Neville or Southgate not the answer IMO. They could do worse than consider the Icelandic manager (Heimer Hallgrimson) to become boss and if they under performed he could pull their teeth out. Mind you judging by the performances of the current England team (three lions on the shirt) they are a pretty tame and toothless lot anyhow!

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

English media are today saying it will be Southgate as interim until Wenger's contract runs out next year.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:Does it really matter? Result will be the same

This is the problem, the guy appointing the next manager has this stunning resumé of football at the highest level.

Dan Ashworth
Technical Director

Dan joined The FA in 2013 as Director of Elite Development, and is in charge of elite England teams in the men's and women's game as well as FA Education and coaching.

A Pro Licence holder, Dan has over 16 years of coaching experience, beginning his career in 1997 in the academy at Peterborough United. In 2001 he moved to Cambridge United taking up the position of head coach, working closely with the reserve and youth teams and the youth director.

West Bromwich Albion was Dan’s next destination in 2004, when he took up the role of Director of Youth and Academy Manager. In 2008, he was promoted to Technical Director with responsibility for the first team, player recruitment, academy and medical services.

Honestly, the FA is full of suits who have very little professional knowledge of football and the bloke appointing the managers has only coached senior football at Cambridge!

We're doomed.
I see the other person responsible for the next appointment of the England manager, Martin Glenn, has today come out and said he's not "a football expert". The FA are the comedy that keeps on giving.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

This situation is what I've been posting about for many, many years.

I have also written many letters to the FA over the years, suggesting they send promising young coaches to Europe and South America to be schooled in their approaches to coaching young and upcoming players.

Unfortunately I have never received a reply, or recognition of receipt, to any of my letters to them.

I did receive responses, however, from the Welsh and Northern Irish associations thanking me for my detailed suggestions.

I received a later response from the Welsh FA stating that they were currently inviting some experienced junior coaches from Europe, particularly Holland, Spain & Italy to advise their young coaches on European methods.

I also received a letter from Chris Coleman, shortly after his appointment, thanking me for my interesting suggestions.

Not that I am claiming any credit whatsoever for their recent success.

I say that before the trolls start to jump on me. :roll:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:This situation is what I've been posting about for many, many years.

I have also written many letters to the FA over the years, suggesting they send promising young coaches to Europe and South America to be schooled in their approaches to coaching young and upcoming players.

Unfortunately I have never received a reply, or recognition of receipt, to any of my letters to them.

I did receive responses, however, from the Welsh and Northern Irish associations thanking me for my detailed suggestions.

I received a later response from the Welsh FA stating that they were currently inviting some experienced junior coaches from Europe, particularly Holland, Spain & Italy to advise their young coaches on European methods.

I also received a letter from Chris Coleman, shortly after his appointment, thanking me for my interesting suggestions.

FN bows before you :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Old Master wrote:This situation is what I've been posting about for many, many years.

Did Chris explain how Gareth moved to the Southampton academy from the age of eight to get proper coaching?

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

They did not not answer you because -
Old Master wrote:
Humiliating, thank heavens I am an Australian citizen (40 years) and have no connections to England any more. :roll:
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

magnet wrote:

Did Chris explain how Gareth moved to the Southampton academy from the age of eight to get proper coaching?

Like I said, I only made detailed suggestions - I have no idea if any of them were adopted and no one has given me anything other than a 'Thank you' response.

As I also said, I am not seeking to claim any input to their success.

i regularly write to football associations and clubs and usually recive responses varying from' 'Thanks', 'Great ideas', 'Already done this' and 'Please stop writing to us' :lol: occasionally I get updates on any of my suggestions that have been adopted.

It's just something I do to keep my interest and involvement in the game I love have some relevance and to keep in touch with former team mates.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mackem Lad wrote:

Old Master wrote:
Humiliating, thank heavens I am an Australian citizen (40 years) and have no connections to England any more. :roll:

Spoken like a true Troll. :roll:

What a pity you cannot respond positively to someone who tries to make positive posts.

You might actually learn something new for a change. :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Old Master wrote:
Old Master wrote:
Old Master wrote:Spoken like a true Troll. :roll:

What a pity you cannot respond positively to someone who tries to make positive posts.

You might actually learn something new for a change. :roll:
You don't see the irony in the sentence I quoted? :roll:
Last edited by Raich Carter on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Sections of UK Media hyping up Wenger to take over at end of 2016/17 season as England Manager, with a caretaker until then.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

It's got to be Gary Neville.

He embodies the English spirit and is an every man for the people to identify with.
It's all in the Delivery!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Brian the Postman wrote:It's got to be Gary Neville.

He embodies the English spirit and is an every man for the people to identify with.
Plus, he's on a coaching par with the Turnip, the Wally with the Brolly and Woy, so we'd get a seamless handover :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:It's got to be Gary Neville.

Plus, he's on a coaching par with the Turnip, the Wally with the Brolly and Woy, so we'd get a seamless handover :wink:
Rather have Mike Bassett than Gary Neville. :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Still reckon Glenn Hoddle (minus Eileen Drewery and the other weird cabernet he did) would be the best we could hope for. England desperately need someone who's tactically astute and who has a vision of how we should play and who is not afraid of reputations, nor afraid to speak his mind.

Remember how he left Gazza out of the WC squad because he didn't think he was fit enough? If only Woy had done that with Wilshere.

The caveat to all of this being, I would hope that he's learned to become a better "people person" and how to handle the media.
Danny Blanchflower