"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:48 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:02 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 726
Location: U.K
And the ASHES to us :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:35 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
B.Toomer wrote:
And the ASHES to us :D :D


I'll remember to save you any residual when my ashtray is full.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:36 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Nice knock by the kiwi captain. Still funny how so many no-balls aren't called only to be highlighted when a "wicket" falls.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:36 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
Yeah, the curse of the video ref why make a call if you don't really have to. Funny too that the one time you find an ump who actually calls them he completely stuffs it up, 3 times in the last NZ v Aus test if I remember right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:31 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Australia showing their class once again by swearing at the umpire because they didn't get a decision their way.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:06 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 5908
God is an Englishman wrote:
Australia showing their class once again by swearing at the umpire because they didn't get a decision their way.


Haven't your claimed Pattinson is an Englishman?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:51 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Slinky_Pete wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Australia showing their class once again by swearing at the umpire because they didn't get a decision their way.


Haven't your claimed Pattinson is an Englishman?


No denying that he's English but certainly representing Australia. Steve Smith having a go as well.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:52 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11830
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
....and Hazlewood who was the prime culprit.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:22 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 726
Location: U.K
Spoilt overgrown " larrikins" :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:24 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Stitch This wrote:
....and Hazlewood who was the prime culprit.


He has pleaded guilty

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:35 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11830
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
God is an Englishman wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
....and Hazlewood who was the prime culprit.


He has pleaded guilty

I should fucking cocoa.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2235
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
....and Hazlewood who was the prime culprit.


He has pleaded guilty

so he should. pretty ordinary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:44 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
His pocket hurting doesn't stop me celebrating a 2-0 win and a carton of beer from kiwi mate. Oh, and we're no 1 again. Happy days. :D

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:45 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Bomber wrote:
His pocket hurting doesn't stop me celebrating a 2-0 win and a carton of beer from kiwi mate. Oh, and we're no 1 again. Happy days. :D


To quote one of the presenters on the sports show on ABC at the weekend. I'd take the ashes over the number 1 ranking.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:17 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
His pocket hurting doesn't stop me celebrating a 2-0 win and a carton of beer from kiwi mate. Oh, and we're no 1 again. Happy days. :D


To quote one of the presenters on the sports show on ABC at the weekend. I'd take the ashes over the number 1 ranking.


Each to their own. I could understand it if it were neck and neck (rating) but what's the point of holding the ashes if you're cabernet and cant beat anyone else?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:26 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
His pocket hurting doesn't stop me celebrating a 2-0 win and a carton of beer from kiwi mate. Oh, and we're no 1 again. Happy days. :D


To quote one of the presenters on the sports show on ABC at the weekend. I'd take the ashes over the number 1 ranking.


Each to their own. I could understand it if it were neck and neck (rating) but what's the point of holding the ashes if you're cabernet and cant beat anyone else?


Who else can't we beat?

Read an article the other day and I think it said that of the 9 trophies (equivalent of the Ashes) that England play for, we hold 8 of them.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:07 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Point was I'd rather be no 1 (meaning better team in world overall) than being lower or lowly ranked but hold one specific trophy.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:13 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Bomber wrote:
Point was I'd rather be no 1 (meaning better team in world overall) than being lower or lowly ranked but hold one specific trophy.


From what I read, We hold almost all trophies available to us.

Rankings are just an opinion, a series win is a series win.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:15 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 506
Location: Queens
Bomber wrote:
Point was I'd rather be no 1 (meaning better team in world overall) than being lower or lowly ranked but hold one specific trophy.

I agree with GIAE (can't believe I'm saying this) - the Ashes are more important than No.1 ranking.
The only thing is it's more important to us as cricket followers rather than it is the players.

Judging by the way our boys seemed like when we lost the Ashes - it's nothing but a nice trip to England for them nowadays because we won't win there

_________________
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:26 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Frank Costanza wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Point was I'd rather be no 1 (meaning better team in world overall) than being lower or lowly ranked but hold one specific trophy.

I agree with GIAE (can't believe I'm saying this) - the Ashes are more important than No.1 ranking.
The only thing is it's more important to us as cricket followers rather than it is the players.

Judging by the way our boys seemed like when we lost the Ashes - it's nothing but a nice trip to England for them nowadays because we won't win there


So you'd be ok if we beat them, and lost to every other test nation? I wouldn't. Cricket is about winning, not just winning against one particular lot you usually beat anyway. Each to their own

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:03 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 506
Location: Queens
Bomber wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Point was I'd rather be no 1 (meaning better team in world overall) than being lower or lowly ranked but hold one specific trophy.

I agree with GIAE (can't believe I'm saying this) - the Ashes are more important than No.1 ranking.
The only thing is it's more important to us as cricket followers rather than it is the players.

Judging by the way our boys seemed like when we lost the Ashes - it's nothing but a nice trip to England for them nowadays because we won't win there


So you'd be ok if we beat them, and lost to every other test nation? I wouldn't. Cricket is about winning, not just winning against one particular lot you usually beat anyway. Each to their own

I never said I wouldn't want to beat every other nation - I'm saying there's no point beating every other nation if we can't beat our biggest rivals.
To be honest I'd never expect (even though i'd like it) the Aussies to win every single test series they play in, but losing to England the way we did affects me more than the joy of beating the kiwis and Windies

_________________
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:09 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Fair enough. Naturally I like it when we thump England and prefer not to lose to them, but, like my football team, I could handle a loss to a local rival (for example) as long as we win as many other games as possible and hover around the top of the rankings.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:26 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 506
Location: Queens
I agree with you regarding the football team but finishing top in the rankings there results in a championship - not just bragging results here

_________________
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:48 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 726
Location: U.K
Hey Polak, your hurt is showing through. The ashes is the one all Aussies want, top of the rankings is a consolation prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:26 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
B.Toomer wrote:
Hey Polak, your hurt is showing through. The ashes is the one all Aussies want, top of the rankings is a consolation prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Clearly you're wrong (yet again).

We're no 1, we're no 1......... :P

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 726
Location: U.K
We've got the ASHES, we've got the ASHES :D :D :D All out for 60, all out for 60 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:19 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11830
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Bomber wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:
Hey Polak, your hurt is showing through. The ashes is the one all Aussies want, top of the rankings is a consolation prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Clearly you're wrong (yet again).

We're no 1, we're no 1......... :P

No.1 at whingeing it would seem...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-25/aussies-copped-relentless-abuse-in-new-zealand-david-warner/7199264

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:32 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44279
Stitch This wrote:
Bomber wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:
Hey Polak, your hurt is showing through. The ashes is the one all Aussies want, top of the rankings is a consolation prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Clearly you're wrong (yet again).

We're no 1, we're no 1......... :P

No.1 at whingeing it would seem...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-25/aussies-copped-relentless-abuse-in-new-zealand-david-warner/7199264


Wasn't this the side whose coach actually encourages their crowds to abuse opposition players?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Crowds here were much worse in the 70's & 80's. Some of the things they used to say to the Windies players....... :shock:

Little wonder the Windies bowled so quick with such menace back then. Classic case of words coming back to bite you.

End of Kiwis are no angels, but end of the day, they're just words and professional sportsmen should be able to cop a bit in their stride.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:15 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:55 am
Posts: 288
Location: Bush Pig City
When Australians are dishing it out it's sledging. When it comes the other way they cry abuse.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group