Charity Cheat

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Charity Cheat

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:^

Those carrying tins that I place coins in usually make it clear which charity it is (visually) or is such a task beyond you?
It's for the GIAE Foundation, I told you that.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:

Those carrying tins that I place coins in usually make it clear which charity it is (visually) or is such a task beyond you?
Tell me about your foundation and who from the "luckless" benefits - kids with cancer, the blind, poor people in the east, what?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Tell me about your foundation and who from the "luckless" benefits - kids with cancer, the blind, poor people in the east, what?
I could give you the easy answer of - The same charities that the Shane Warne Foundation gave money to

OR

I could say, pick a charity and I will ensure your $3.20 goes there.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
So you'll have to do better
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
There you have it - that's the Shane Warne Foundation Model and you have turned it down.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

Talking of dodgy charities

http://tinyurl.com/zotnsl6

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
There you have it - that's the Shane Warne Foundation Model and you have turned it down.
Still don't see the link. Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of those who are pissed off that they didn't get satisfaction of their donations to his foundation. They'd only publicise their stupidity at best anyway.

Btw, did Warney (or any celebrity highlighting a charitable cause) categorically state that 100% of proceeds would go direct there?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Still don't see the link. Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of those who are pissed off that they didn't get satisfaction of their donations to his foundation. They'd only publicise their stupidity at best anyway.

Btw, did Warney (or any celebrity highlighting a charitable cause) categorically state that 100% of proceeds would go direct there?
Pick a charity, but me lunch and I'll donate $3.20 to it then. That's basically what the Warne foundation has done and you seem to think that's fine.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hey, even you said a great job if you can get it, but its not ok for someone else to "get away with it"?

Talk to your local MP and see about getting the law changed.

Question in previous post unanswered btw.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theres lots of things that are good work if you can get it, doesn't mean it's right.

Unanswered question - no Warne hasn't said that every cent is going to the charity. There is an expectation obviously that more than 16% will though.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Would you give up your time to collect money on behalf of, say Commonwealth Bank, if you knew that the first $800 of the grand you collected was going into the bank managers pocket? He promises he'll give $200 to a worthy cause though. promise.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

El Paso del Norte wrote:The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Would you give up your time to collect money on behalf of, say Commonwealth Bank, if you knew that the first $800 of the grand you collected was going into the bank managers pocket? He promises he'll give $200 to a worthy cause though. promise.
Gross oversimplification of the issue.
Time for some righteous indignation

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Stitch This wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Not really.

Bomber said he didnt care, it was 16c going to a cause that wouldnt have otherwise gone there.

This situation has 20c going to a cause.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

El Paso del Norte wrote:
Stitch This wrote:

Not really.

Bomber said he didnt care, it was 16c going to a cause that wouldnt have otherwise gone there.

Basic principle - Bloke no 1 goes out collects $1,000, $160 goes to the charity, the rest to claim legally the expenses. Bloke no 2 sits back and does nothing - charity gets nothing.

Which bloke has done more for the charity, 1 or 2?
Ignore this signature

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

If warne was claiming those expenses legally, he would have been only too happy to open the books for an audit. As it was, he chose to close the foundation down. He's a cheat, plain & simple, as he has been all his miserable life. As to which of 1 or 2 is better for a charity, neither are, as when people realize how little ends up going to the charity, they will feel less & less inclined to donate.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Bomber wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:
Stitch This wrote: Gross oversimplification of the issue.
Not really.

Basic principle - Bloke no 1 goes out collects $1,000, $160 goes to the charity, the rest to claim legally the expenses. Bloke no 2 sits back and does nothing - charity gets nothing.

Which bloke has done more for the charity, 1 or 2?
shiraz that.

What an inefficient way to collect money. The primary beneficiary being the charity people themselves.

At least bloke two isn't enabling these scammers

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

In other words, person no 1.

Lesson - don't donate to "causes" if something smells fishy or if you have doubts you're contribution will not sufficiently reach its desired destination.
Ignore this signature

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?
Murdoch is an american citizen who lives in america - why would he pay tax in australia?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

N5 1BH wrote:If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?
You might be an ok bloke after all

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

El Paso del Norte wrote:
:lol: :lol:
Nah I'm still a champagne

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

B.Toomer wrote:If warne was claiming those expenses legally, he would have been only too happy to open the books for an audit. As it was, he chose to close the foundation down. He's a cheat, plain & simple, as he has been all his miserable life. As to which of 1 or 2 is better for a charity, neither are, as when people realize how little ends up going to the charity, they will feel less & less inclined to donate.
he is still being audited, regardless.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

N5 1BH wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:
:lol: :lol:
Nah I'm still a champagne
Agreed. :P
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

I just love these guys....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-26/p ... ia/7199358

Brett Lee..."I know nothing" :lol:

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Warnie's PR people working overtime to restore his 'hero's status

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/aus ... 203c94983c

I wonder if it's the same company that handles the Foundations PR and if so how they divvy up the invoices?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Shane Warne and Didier Drogba seen swapping notes over coffee in London recently.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Oxfam doing a stellar job taking care of the vulnerable.

Keep donating those $, get that feel good glow when you virtue signal at the work water cooler.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

ironic thread this one..
no ball tampering though in this thread :lol: