Cricket Spider Cam

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Jílín Shěng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cricket Spider Cam

Post by Jílín Shěng »

Just seen a dead ball called because the ball hit the camera. I think the batsmen should get five runs for it just as he would it he hit a helmet behind the wicket keeper.
Gotta love Chinese whispers

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Cricket Spider Cam

Post by God is an Englishman »

The idea of the 5 runs is it's the fielding teams responsibility to ensure those items are not hit. The fielding side has no responsibility for the camera.

If the tv companies cannot guarantee that their cameras will not interfere with the outcome of a game then they should be banned.

Jílín Shěng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jílín Shěng »

God is an Englishman wrote:The idea of the 5 runs is it's the fielding teams responsibility to ensure those items are not hit. The fielding side has no responsibility for the camera.
I never thought of it like that.
Gotta love Chinese whispers

elmaasheley147
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by elmaasheley147 »

I dont think its the responsibility of players and bowlers to take care of the camera. It's only the responsibility of the company.
Last edited by elmaasheley147 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:The idea of the 5 runs is it's the fielding teams responsibility to ensure those items are not hit. The fielding side has no responsibility for the camera.

If the tv companies cannot guarantee that their cameras will not interfere with the outcome of a game then they should be banned.

well said....
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!