Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

medicare
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by medicare »

The Shape wrote:[
i was commenting on Medicare's post with the notation of "correlation", and feel (opinion only), that perhaps this may be incorrect? That is; there are a number of teams or institutions who are higher on the table and surely they are coaching well enough to be up "there" (the table that is).
There are good coaches of teams that are "up there". The point being made was looking at the table position of a junior side doesnt tell you very much about a junior coach.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

medicare wrote:
The Shape wrote:[
i was commenting on Medicare's post with the notation of "correlation", and feel (opinion only), that perhaps this may be incorrect? That is; there are a number of teams or institutions who are higher on the table and surely they are coaching well enough to be up "there" (the table that is).
There are good coaches of teams that are "up there". The point being made was looking at the table position of a junior side doesnt tell you very much about a junior coach.
i understand thanks.

can the same be said for teams languishing at "down there"? that is very good coaches at the wrong end of the table?

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

matty2323 wrote:
The Shape wrote:
Papou wrote: Some of the worst coaching i've seen has come from Adelaide City junior coaches.
what examples, not names or age groups, but styles of what is being offered on display?
i very much dislike coaching against Adelaide City. The game is never played in the right spirit, there is an obsession with winning and to win at all costs. There is a sense of hostility involved and intimidation. The style is direct and physical. Having said that, i've seen some very good individual players within the teams.

They win, and have history, so for that reason i think they attract a good standard of players.. but i'm not sure much coaching goes on.
thanks for your insight to what is an interesting experience you have had and suspect this is on game day playing for points?

i was interested to know what the training was like at the respective clubs. i may observe adelaide city training at junior level to see what some or few people seem to be saying. it just seems like that adel city have a very winning culture and some people may not like this? I am unsure but I will need to make my own opinion after my observation.

thanks to all for their input.

Three words
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Three words »

Diego Pellegrino - as a coach to develop players, he's really good - treats all kids evenly and changes his training drills every time - he's great with the kids - I heard metro stars under 13s are pretty good - they poach players( 2 African boys)- that's not good coaching when you rely on 2 players.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Three words wrote:Diego Pellegrino - as a coach to develop players, he's really good - treats all kids evenly and changes his training drills every time - he's great with the kids - I heard metro stars under 13s are pretty good - they poach players( 2 African boys)- that's not good coaching when you rely on 2 players.
Diego is a very good coach.
Metro have been poaching players for years. Never develop their own.

Papou
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Papou »

Three words wrote:Diego Pellegrino - as a coach to develop players, he's really good - treats all kids evenly and changes his training drills every time - he's great with the kids - I heard metro stars under 13s are pretty good - they poach players( 2 African boys)- that's not good coaching when you rely on 2 players.
Diego is good, no doubt. On the note of Metro under 13s, I heard they are indeed very good however, do not rely on 2 players.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Most of the good coaches are in fact good coaches but in reality have good players. Take those same successful coaches and drop em in the smaller clubs who don't attract players and before long those 'good' coaches don't look so good anymore!

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

spooky1972 wrote:Most of the good coaches are in fact good coaches but in reality have good players. Take those same successful coaches and drop em in the smaller clubs who don't attract players and before long those 'good' coaches don't look so good anymore!
In theory, i agree. Especially coaches who judge themselves by results..

But i also think there are different kinds of good coaches. Some coaches are excellent at developing the base fundamentals in footballers and providing them with that platform. Other coaches are good at taking good players and taking them to the next level. I think both are still good coaches.

You even see it at the top top level - coaches who are better with "lesser" players and getting the best out of them over working with the elite and taking them to the next level. (Moyes and Redknapp spring to mind).

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

I Viewed some, not all, adelaide city trainings.
I thought is was not too bad, they had warm ups small games and big games.
They didn't boot it long to the big strong kid to score goals either,like some people say.
Looks like lots of people do not like it that adelaide city are strong in most age groups with 9 of 12 teams fishing in the top four.

JPL

U12 4th
U13A 3rd
U14A 1st
U15A 1st
U16A 1st
U17 6th

JSL

U12Red 3rd
U12Yellow 1st
U13Red 4th
U14Red 6th
U15 7th
U16 4th

Looks like they have some good coaches trying their BEST to teach kids how to play and how to win.

Nothing wrong with that.

chuck norris
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chuck norris »

The Shape wrote:I Viewed some, not all, adelaide city trainings.
They didn't boot it long to the big strong kid to score goals either,like some people say.
Looks like lots of people do not like it that adelaide city are strong in most age groups with 9 of 12 teams fishing in the top four.

JPL

U12 4th
U13A 3rd
U14A 1st
U15A 1st
U16A 1st
U17 6th

JSL

U12Red 3rd
U12Yellow 1st
U13Red 4th
U14Red 6th
U15 7th
U16 4th

Looks like they have some good coaches trying their BEST to teach kids how to play and how to win.

Nothing wrong with that.
Of course you did. Stick to playing taxi dad :wink:

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

chuck norris wrote:
The Shape wrote:I Viewed some, not all, adelaide city trainings.

JPL

U12 4th
U13A 3rd
U14A 1st
U15A 1st
U16A 1st
U17 6th

JSL

U12Red 3rd
U12Yellow 1st
U13Red 4th
U14Red 6th
U15 7th
U16 4th

Nothing wrong with that.
Of course you did. Stick to playing taxi dad :wink:
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?
Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?
Well I'm the only one here. Who the melon head do you think you're talking to?
Oh yeah? OK.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Please Xplain :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »