Its all happening at the Pirates!!!!!!

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

johnpd
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Its all happening at the Pirates!!!!!!

Post by johnpd »

Promoted to premier league for 2015 season
Seniors State League winners 2014
Under 18s State League winners 2014

Pirates Senior Coach Derek Hall voted coach of the year - NPL State League Coach of the Year winner 2014
Pirates James Skeffington Voted player of the year 2014 Bob Telfer Medal - NPL State League Player of the Year winner 2014

New Junior Coaches
Simon Parr, Junior Technical Director
Mark Hasich, Mini Roos coaching development coordinator
Coaching to the The National Football Curriculum

New grounds and clubrooms being built

Want to coach? http://www.palsc.com.au/contact.html

Be part of exciting times at the pirates, trials start Friday 10th 6.30 pm
Junior trials http://www.palsc.com.au/junior-trials-2015.html

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Its all happening at the Pirates!!!!!!

Post by magnet »

Care to elaborate as to what happened in the U13's game against Hawks yesterday? (See Hawks report on Facebook page).

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Maybe this one......played for U17Bs, U14Bs and U13s against Hills......

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info. ... =192363837

just look up the listed players on sporting pulse match centre and then click on their profiles........

so to play U17s he'd have to be a bit of giant.

cheers

Geoff9559

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

here might be the other one........also played U17s, U14s and U13s he kicked 5 goals in the 14s......

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info. ... =196451175

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:here might be the other one........also played U17s, U14s and U13s he kicked 5 goals in the 14s......

Must be a couple of 12 year old guns :lol:

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

magnet wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:here might be the other one........also played U17s, U14s and U13s he kicked 5 goals in the 14s......

Must be a couple of 12 year old guns :lol:

Absolutley, this kid is a beast of a player.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

A shuffling of the deck to make sure they have teams in each age group in the NPL.

Something Toros will have also fun with if they get promoted as they don't have a lot of junior teams atm.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Mrs Red - totally agree.....however it's not Toros it's Adelaide Victory :-)

And yep we have 6 Junior teams all up so working on what's going to happen next season if we get the promotion......and it is a big if as there's still 2/3rds of a season to go just about.

Regards

Geoff9559

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Oh yes its Adelaide Victory now

U7/U10/U12/U14/U16

I must have missed one?

Yes it seems you will have to double the amount of junior teams you have and it will not help that probably your U16's will probably move to U17's which isn't a requirement age group for the NPL.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

2 U10 squads.........

So most of the miniroos age groups could be covered (will need U6s and U7s for next year but have some interest already in these age groups)....plus good cores for 13,14 and 15s......it'll be the U12s and 16s that could be the issue for Victory.............but hey who knows what will happen and what rules will be changed over this season in preparation for the 2016 licence renewals.......plus the big if of promotion.

cheers

Geoff9559

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

2016 licence renewals

I thought these have already been signed off by clubs?

but yes the goal posts do seem to move on occasions.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

personally I wouldnt have thought that the overall licencing was sorted for 2016, as the 2015 season hasnt finished. Affiliation - yes

Only four Clubs really know where they'll be in 2016 and that would be: Vipers, Fulham, Mt Barker and Adelaide United. Everyone else wont know which league to be 'licensed' for until end of season and each league has different requirements that the FFSA will expect to met to be given the appropriate licence and endorsement.

For Adelaide Victory the club does have the lighted stadium, has a standby main pitch, enclosed player race, fencing etc etc and a dedicated ground for Juniors to compete and train on. Theoretically these are the main ingredients for a licence for a Premier League Club so I am led to believe. For State League 1 there wont be as many requirements as listed for a Club in this league.
If there werent criteria to be met for Premier, State or State 1 Leagues, you wouldnt be seeing Raiders with their lighting project, Olympic, West Adelaide, White City and Pirates (these I am aware of so sorry if I have missed some) with their big projects on developing top level facilities, nor would you see other clubs undertaking infrastructure projects if the licensing for each league wasnt different.

So I reckon licences havent been sorted for 2016 else we'd possibly be seeing a few clubs already giving up the competition through 2015.......but hey I could be seriously wrong and there's some great poker players out there who'd be playing their cards a lot closer and would know a lot more of what is really happening.

Maybe every club gets a State League 1 Licence and then 'adds' to it to meet the level they have attained from the previous season........

Cheers

Geoff9559

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Participation Licences should have been signed by clubs and NPL and State league Compliances for 2016-18 have been sent out by the FFSA to the clubs last year.

So clubs have said yes they want to be a part of the 2016 to 18 seasons and depending on where they finish up this year (for current clubs) they need to comply (which clubs have been told about last year) to the league they are in for 2016.

Most of the compliances for 2016-18 are the same or similar but the big one is the lighting, which doesn't stop you being a club in the NPL but it stops clubs not playing official night games in the NPL (if they don't have sufficient lux lights).
Hence why a number of clubs are upgrading their lights atm in preparation.

Just out of interest - how does AU youth know which league they will be in next year at this stage?

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Mrs Red wrote:Participation Licences should have been signed by clubs and NPL and State league Compliances for 2016-18 have been sent out by the FFSA to the clubs last year.

So clubs have said yes they want to be a part of the 2016 to 18 seasons and depending on where they finish up this year (for current clubs) they need to comply (which clubs have been told about last year) to the league they are in for 2016.

Most of the compliances for 2016-18 are the same or similar but the big one is the lighting, which doesn't stop you being a club in the NPL but it stops clubs not playing official night games in the NPL (if they don't have sufficient lux lights).
Hence why a number of clubs are upgrading their lights atm in preparation.

Just out of interest - how does AU youth know which league they will be in next year at this stage?
Yes please share your news on AUFC Youth knowing which league they are playing in next year.
So far as everyone else knows, they are competing for promotion the same as other State League clubs.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:A shuffling of the deck to make sure they have teams in each age group in the NPL.

Something Toros will have also fun with if they get promoted as they don't have a lot of junior teams atm.
I'm assuming this shuffling of the deck is above board and the two U17 players are not born before 2002.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

magnet wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:A shuffling of the deck to make sure they have teams in each age group in the NPL.

I'm assuming this shuffling of the deck is above board and the two U17 players are not born before 2002.
Playing players up a number of age groups - I have seen happen before but it can be risky at Junior levels as it does have its risks - so you have to be careful that you don't try and fix up short term issues that causes longer term problems.

I understand players are playing up with Pirates U13's up (that probably are not ready to play up) and I don't think they have the overall numbers to cover their 12's and 13's hence why probably a couple of players turned up part way through the weekends game. The rule where all NPL clubs have to have junior teams from U12 -U16s with a 3 point deduction, 1 point for SSF teams for their clubs senior team and fine has meant Pirates have had to go through some short term pain in shuffling some of their junior players around, but what does this do for these children's development that are caught up in this situation. Its a tricky one for them and hopefully they can get through it. Adelaide Victory (if they go up) may have the same issues next year.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:
magnet wrote:

Playing players up a number of age groups - I have seen happen before but it can be risky at Junior levels as it does have its risks - so you have to be careful that you don't try and fix up short term issues that causes longer term problems.

I understand players are playing up with Pirates U13's up (that probably are not ready to play up) and I don't think they have the overall numbers to cover their 12's and 13's hence why probably a couple of players turned up part way through the weekends game. The rule where all NPL clubs have to have junior teams from U12 -U16s with a 3 point deduction, 1 point for SSF teams for their clubs senior team and fine has meant Pirates have had to go through some short term pain in shuffling some of their junior players around, but what does this do for these children's development that are caught up in this situation. Its a tricky one for them and hopefully they can get through it. Adelaide Victory (if they go up) may have the same issues next year.
It's not the players playing up that's an issue, it's older players playing down. In this instance you have two players arriving at the pitch shortly after halftime, both players dwarfing the U13's. One of those players immediately scores six goals and you can see why eyebrows were raised.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

It's not the players playing up that's an issue, it's older players playing down. In this instance you have two players arriving at the pitch shortly after halftime, both players dwarfing the U13's. One of those players immediately scores six goals and you can see why eyebrows were raised.[/quote]

umm ok - but sometimes players do look older than they actually are. Probably only Pirates, parents and the children actually know the real story.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

on and on it goes.........

Croydon 2 v 3 Pirates - Wednesday 22nd April
Croydon 13 v 0 Pirates - Sunday 10th May

I take it Pirates had the pick of the older teams as it was on a Wednesday night, either that or Croydon have come on leaps and bounds in two weeks :lol:

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

magnet wrote:on and on it goes.........

I take it Pirates had the pick of the older teams as it was on a Wednesday night, either that or Croydon have come on leaps and bounds in two weeks :lol:

Its not that they have picked older kids, Its the advanced u 13 players who are already playing in older age groups to fill in numbers as the u13s don't have a full squad list.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

I see what you mean.....Salisbury top of the table against Pirates 4:3 win......Wednesday night game.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:

Its not that they have picked older kids, Its the advanced u 13 players who are already playing in older age groups to fill in numbers as the u13s don't have a full squad list.
They just so happen to be much larger and older looking than the Sunday team.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

magnet wrote:
Slide Tackle wrote:

They just so happen to be much larger and older looking than the Sunday team.
If you have doubts, next time you play them, feel free to the check ID's etc

bradman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bradman »

magnet u poor excuse of a coach. u continue to slander the Pirates. If a birth certificate is produced of these man/child's as u call them will u be as quick to offer an apology? I don't know u but your consent bitching is what is wrong with junior football. When my son and I get in the car to go home after a game my first question is did u have FUN if ,his answer is YES than that is the end of the story. We than move onto the rest of his day, ( yes because its all about him) not u.What the first question u ask? GTFU num nuts

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Croydon have a tenancy to drop kids when it suits them and play overages players in those teams.
So card check are essential when playing against them

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

dropping kids in their age group is not illegal..... can you prove that they have played overage players??? I know many people down at Croydon and no way they would allow that....

as for this player from pirates....I have seen him play and hes a very talented player who is U13, don't understand what all the fuss is about??? is it effecting some results AT UNDER 13s??????

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Ibelieve wrote:Croydon have a tenancy to drop kids when it suits them and play overages players in those teams.
haha ok then.
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

gee_kay wrote:
Ibelieve wrote:Croydon have a tenancy to drop kids when it suits them and play overages players in those teams.
haha ok then.
Been going on for years! Illegal and fake birth certificates.
They drive to training and then produce a fake id.
Out if a Kellogg's packet.
You know the drill

Golden
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Golden »

Hi All,
New to this site but this thread resonated with what we just experienced...

We played them "Croydon" Friday night and lost 6:3 with this certain player scoring 4 of their goals.
I Was told by one of their coaching team it was the first game he played for them and usually plays up.

I understand that if they are of the correct age that they are eligible however it certainly didn't reflect their usual team and it wasn't like they were short... Just a little frustrating to look forward to a competitive game but played a stacked side. When he was off the pitch we came back to 3 all but couldn't contain him from there...

We also played the Pirates with the same scenario but managed to get the points.

Don't get me wrong, the player was of a great calibre and certainly was the standout, but why not keep him in the team all year? Or leave him in the older age group and keep the usual team?

Anyway, looking forward to our next meeting with them as if they play this player again we have some experience!
Trev.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Ibelieve I won't even justify your ignorance with a response.

Golden as has been said the player in question was of age. We have many players that are playing up amongst our ranks. The lad in question had actually been struggling to find his feet in the older age group so with injuries popping up he was given a chance to get some confidence. Whilst he did score 3 or 4 his performance wasn't anything special, but if he gained confidence from it and it kickstarts his form in the age above so be it.

You keep on doing your thing down at Salisbury and developing your team as you have some good kids in that side.
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10