Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Arsenal 2014/2015

Post by Nice One Cyril »

You're not singing any more :wink:

Great game, with the Goons strangely defensive, mostly dominated by Spurs and deserved winners.

I just love Wenger's miserable face :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Definitely a strange setup. Sat deep and basically asked to get walked on. Entertaining game for the neutral I would have said. Welbeck was walking a fine line imo, and Santi never kick started. Oh well. Wasn't to be. Enjoy the win spuds while you continue to finish behind us in the league.... :wink:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

What's even worse is even you spuds were bagging this kid. NOC will even stand for this comment. As for yourself, go missing again, or go hunting get papers until you can get dirt on AFC. Until then. FK OFF :lol:

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Yeah strange game for the gunners, tinkering with a different approach I suppose. Sitting back is all very well but they gave the ball away too many times. Welbeck was underdone and Monreal, Carzorla & Ozil down the left side doesn't really give you confidence. Can't remember if they made one tackle between them. Better team on the day won I suppose.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:What's even worse is even you spuds were bagging this kid. NOC will even stand for this comment. As for yourself, go missing again, or go hunting get papers until you can get dirt on AFC. Until then. FK OFF :lol:
If you've have told me two years ago that Harry Kane would be our first choice striker, never mind playing for England, I'd have called you a lunatic. Just goes to show what two years of growing up and a run in the team can do for a player.

It's going to be a fun week. Just wish I still lived and worked in London :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Bentaleb cross to Kane header, Sherwood would have loved watching that :lol:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -2004.html

Spud fan all my life :lol: Anybody will say anything to get a contract these days
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -2004.html

Spud fan all my life :lol: Anybody will say anything to get a contract these days
Can't spoil my Monday that easily :D It was probably Halloween :wink:
Kane was part of a Spurs side on Saturday that had the youngest average age of any top-flight side this season - 24 years and 37 days - and the youngest to win a north London derby in the Premier League era.
AW wrote:‘I wasn’t happy with the referee. I felt, like us, he was not at this best,’
:lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Kane was part of a Spurs side on Saturday that had the youngest average age of any top-flight side this season - 24 years and 37 days - and the youngest to win a north London derby in the Premier League era.
Wow I did not know that, that's fantastic.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Disappointing performance, just happy to come away with 3 pts in the end

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:
Wow I did not know that.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

N5 1BH wrote:
Kim Kallstrom wrote:
Wow I did not know that.
what?

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

haywood djablowme wrote:Disappointing performance, just happy to come away with 3 pts in the end
3 points is all that matters at this stage

now for Middlesborough in the FA Cup then Monaco in the CL

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
Kim Kallstrom wrote:
Wow I did not know that.
what?
Typical of you and your thoughts. You beat your rival yet back up with nowt. The spuds play only a handful of games a year. The rest is just filling time and or good for punters.
Any more comments on Ozil, or at least new ones?? Hes scoring and assisting, oh but wait, he only does this against shite sides doesn't he :wink:

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Ozil scores a goal from a mishit shot and he's the messiah again? he did sweet FA in the game besides that. Oh yeah but i forgot he got a goal and a couple of assists versus Aston Villa and Leicester... If you want me to bring up the Eriksen Ozil comparison again, it's not even close. How many points has Ozil won for you guys? Compare that to Eriksen's late winners.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:
Kim Kallstrom wrote:
Kim Kallstrom wrote: Wow I did not know that.
what?
Oh yeah but i forgot he got a goal and a couple of assists.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

somebody is still bitter about saturday night :lol:

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

N5 1BH wrote:
The general consensus seems to be that Ozil is a luxury we can't afford, if so lets not let it linger. Sort out a move for him in January, no harm done, no hard feelings. That will make room to bring in what we all know we need, it's not like it isn't obvious.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Kim Kallstrom wrote:Ozil scores a goal from a mishit shot and he's the messiah again? he did sweet FA in the game besides that. Oh yeah but i forgot he got a goal and a couple of assists versus Aston Villa and Leicester... If you want me to bring up the Eriksen Ozil comparison again, it's not even close. How many points has Ozil won for you guys? Compare that to Eriksen's late winners.
Yeah whilst Ozil was running around winning a World Cup in the Summer, Erikson sat back, feet up & rested the body allowing him to have (so far) an injury free run. On the other hand, Ozil the poor bugger was run into the ground picked up a long term injury & has sat the last 3-4months out.

How you could even consider comparing the two, based on their current season is a joke. Have you forgot about last years stats, when both had a full year in the EPL :roll:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
The general consensus seems to be that Ozil is a luxury we can't afford, if so lets not let it linger. Sort out a move for him in January, no harm done, no hard feelings. That will make room to bring in what we all know we need, it's not like it isn't obvious.
I stand by that, if English football isn't for him move on, no harm done. Injuries means this decision comes at the end of the season that's all. If he wants to stay and fight for a place great, he is still world class and we would be glad to have him.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Kim Kallstrom wrote:Ozil scores a goal from a mishit shot and he's the messiah again? he did sweet FA in the game besides that. Oh yeah but i forgot he got a goal and a couple of assists versus Aston Villa and Leicester... If you want me to bring up the Eriksen Ozil comparison again, it's not even close. How many points has Ozil won for you guys? Compare that to Eriksen's late winners.
Yeah whilst Ozil was running around winning a World Cup in the Summer, Erikson sat back, feet up & rested the body allowing him to have (so far) an injury free run. On the other hand, Ozil the poor bugger was run into the ground picked up a long term injury & has sat the last 3-4months out.

How you could even consider comparing the two, based on their current season is a joke. Have you forgot about last years stats, when both had a full year in the EPL :roll:
Lamela was injured most of last season and it didn't stop you blokes having a dig at him.

Yeah Ozil 5 goals 9 assists, Eriksen 7 goals 8 assists. Considering we bought him for a fifth of the price and hes 3 years younger, I'd say we got pretty good deal. The fact your mate Chaos was bringing up how good he has been in 3 games is a bit rich.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

So your saying he's not playing decent football? Like most Arsenal players in the derby he was somewhat flat. I'm crediting the guy as I have previously not seen this football from him when he first arrived on the prem scene...nothing wrong with that.....

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Strong rumors that Santi carzorla has signed a pre agreement with atletico madrid. And that Wenger has already forwarded his dealings to the board of another 'high profile' and household name midfielder willing to sign if the wage demand is met....i really hope that if we are to lose Santi that we are signing William Carvalho at last.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Arsenal v Monarco WTF........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

legga wrote:Arsenal v Monarco WTF........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I imagine Cyril is enjoying his cornflakes this morning. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Without mimicking Wengers words, that was suicidal defending this morning. Horrible to see...

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
legga wrote:Arsenal v Monarco WTF........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I imagine Cyril is enjoying his cornflakes this morning. :wink:
I was out early to play golf, but the news filtered through to me all right :wink:

Very happy to see Berbatov back to form :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Coquelain had one good game and all of a sudden we don't need a proper defensive mid, he is not the answer. After that display it is clear we need an on field leader and quick.

Giroud, Mertesacker, Ospina not good enough. Too many changes. Too many players have to play out of position to accomodate Ozil, Welbeck isn't a winger and Cazorla is a brilliant attacking mid but try as he might is a pretty ordinary defensive midfielder. Wenger needs to get a set structure happening and stick to it coz half the time it looks like no one knows what they are doing