Aus v India - test series

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:If an Australian says something, it's whingeing.
If an Englishman says something, it's "pointing out facts" or "educating" or "proving the hypocrisy".

#hawkseylogic
So where's the whinge?
I don't know. You are the one who seems to remember it.
God is an Englishman wrote:I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year

So, where's my whinge?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: So where's the whinge?
I don't know. You are the one who seems to remember it.
God is an Englishman wrote:I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year

So, where's my whinge?
Where have I said you whinged?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Slinky_Pete wrote:Where have I said you whinged?

YOU didn't, but Bomber seemed to be avoiding it so thought you might be able to help him out

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

You whinge about other whinges and then whinge because the original whinge that you whinged about wasnt getting whingeful responses.
Ignore this signature

Cloister
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cloister »

Bomber wrote:You whinge about other whinges and then whinge because the original whinge that you whinged about wasnt getting whingeful responses.
Stop your fuçking whingeing!
How ironic is my avatar?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:You whinge about other whinges and then whinge because the original whinge that you whinged about wasnt getting whingeful responses.

Where was the whinge?

Cloister
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cloister »

The Aussies are hitting some boundaries today.
How ironic is my avatar?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Interesting to hear that India have been given cabernet training facilities.

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

Don't they book their own?
I need a drink

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Time for Watson to be dropped.

His batting is not good enough to be in the Test side and his bowling alone is not good enough to have him in the side either.

Time to go
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Royal Blues
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Royal Blues »

Why would you risk a run out on a no-ball?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Interesting to hear that India have been given cabernet training facilities.
They tend to whinge too. Same facilities as the Aussies used.

2-0 :D
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Interesting to hear that India have been given cabernet training facilities.

If you go to a restaurant and you meal is cold, do you just eat it?

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Bomber wrote:

If its a sushi restraunt, yeh.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

Whats that got to do with the price of eggs? I dont eat at such restaurants, unless its actually a cold dish I ordered.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:They tend to whinge too. Same facilities as the Aussies used.

If you go to a restaurant and you meal is cold, do you just eat it?[/quote]

Whats that got to do with the price of eggs? I dont eat at such restaurants, unless its actually a cold dish I ordered.[/quote]

It has nothing to do with eggs, unless they're cold eggs.

The point being, if you complain your food is cold - is that considered a whinge? If something is not what it should be then it's not a whinge it's a genuine complaint.

By all accounts, they have requested for 3 days a specific deck to be prepared for their training and it hasn't been.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:lol:

Really? I never knew visiting sides could "demand" what type of practice wickets they should have anyway. I always thought they both got to practice on the same wickets similar to what is out in the middle, which is what everyone else is saying both teams got.

They lost, they whinged and only because the bloke got injured by one of his own bowlers in the nets meant the next bloke in wasnt in the "right frame of mind" - so what frame of mind would he have been if the batsman who retired hurt got out first ball? No-one forced them to have a net session just before play either. Funny how the bloke who was so badly injured came back soon after and had little problem fronting up and making some runs.

Bottom line, if any Aussie player/captain did the same (brought up the practice wicket moan), you'd be the first to create a thread on it, and I'd be certain the word "whinge" would be used.

2-0
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote::lol:

Really? I never knew visiting sides could "demand" what type of practice wickets they should have anyway. I always thought they both got to practice on the same wickets similar to what is out in the middle, which is what everyone else is saying both teams got.

They lost, they whinged and only because the bloke got injured by one of his own bowlers in the nets meant the next bloke in wasnt in the "right frame of mind" - so what frame of mind would he have been if the batsman who retired hurt got out first ball? No-one forced them to have a net session just before play either. Funny how the bloke who was so badly injured came back soon after and had little problem fronting up and making some runs.

Bottom line, if any Aussie player/captain did the same (brought up the practice wicket moan), you'd be the first to create a thread on it, and I'd be certain the word "whinge" would be used.

2-0

Your post shows how little knowledge you have.

1. Teams are entitled to ask for a practice area to be set up according to their requirements.

2. It probably wouldn't have been their own bowlers, as they actually use net bowlers supplied to them by the local association. If it wasn't that then it would have been throw downs by one of the coaching staff. You rarely have net sessions ahead of a days play using your own bowlers against your own batsmen as it achieves nothing.

3. The complaint came out well before they lost or were even in a position of likely losing. Don't worry though, the aussie media have spun that one well enough. The complaint occurred when india were only 1 wicket down.

4. I think you are correct, they pretended he was injured and made him bat well down the order to give an excuse for losing.

5. Not have a net session before play, i would suggest that every country holds a net session before play.

6. yes, you're probably right I probably would have called it a whinge from an aussie. The same as you would have said it's legitimate if it was.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote::lol:

2-0

Your post shows how little knowledge you have.

1. Teams are entitled to ask for a practice area to be set up according to their requirements.

2. It probably wouldn't have been their own bowlers, as they actually use net bowlers supplied to them by the local association. If it wasn't that then it would have been throw downs by one of the coaching staff. You rarely have net sessions ahead of a days play using your own bowlers against your own batsmen as it achieves nothing.

3. The complaint came out well before they lost or were even in a position of likely losing. Don't worry though, the aussie media have spun that one well enough. The complaint occurred when india were only 1 wicket down.

4. I think you are correct, they pretended he was injured and made him bat well down the order to give an excuse for losing.

5. Not have a net session before play, i would suggest that every country holds a net session before play.

6. yes, you're probably right I probably would have called it a whinge from an aussie. The same as you would have said it's legitimate if it was.
1. They can ask, but they get what they get (as what I reckon would be the case anywhere in the world).
2. Last time I attended a test match (admittedly a few year ago now), I recall Windies bowlers bowling to Windies batsmen about half an hour before scheduled play (Windies were batting).
3. India raised the issue, I dont recall the media saying anything until the Indians moaned
4. Tick
5. Yes, but if the practice area wasn't to their liking?
6. Nuff said, although I can't remember an Aussie ever complaining about practice wickets overseas
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

It is certainly expected that the teams get the facilities they ask for, it's called common corteousy.

Have watched a fair bit of net action and its VERY rare to see the same teams bowlers bowling to their own batsmen on the day of a test. It's very counter productive. Remember last year and an English net bowler hurt an Aussie bowler.

The Indians complained (via a press statement) when the injury happened. Well before their collapse. They had complained to cricket Australia and the Gabba the previous day. But Australia not doing their job doesn't make a good story for channel 9.

So, they should have without a warm up or getting their eye in?

Also, now hearing the food was poor as well.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

India is just acting like the bully it has become in world cricket affairs....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Jerry Attrick
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Jerry Attrick »

God is an Englishman wrote:common corteousy.
I've never heard of corteousy. Maybe it's not that common. Anyway, carry on with your wind up.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Jerry Attrick wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:common corteousy.
I've never heard of corteousy. Maybe it's not that common. Anyway, carry on with your wind up.
Why just everything be a wind up?

Oh and I was typing while pretending to be working, work are clamping down on internet usage.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

The Indians, like the Poms last summer, are starting to turn on themselves.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:The Indians, like the Poms last summer, are starting to turn on themselves.....

When did we start to turn on ourselves last summer? When have the Indians done it this summer?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I'm tired of educating you....do your own readings.... :wink:

Jerry Attrick
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Jerry Attrick »

God is an Englishman wrote:work are clamping down on internet usage.
That old chestnut.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:It is certainly expected that the teams get the facilities they ask for, it's called common corteousy.

Have watched a fair bit of net action and its VERY rare to see the same teams bowlers bowling to their own batsmen on the day of a test. It's very counter productive. Remember last year and an English net bowler hurt an Aussie bowler.

The Indians complained (via a press statement) when the injury happened. Well before their collapse. They had complained to cricket Australia and the Gabba the previous day. But Australia not doing their job doesn't make a good story for channel 9.

I'm sure India will reciprocate next time out if deemed so "bad". After all, they seem to control the rules on everything these days.

As for Indians complaining about poor food.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Shane Watson has sent a scare through the Aussie camp after being hit on the helmet whilst batting in the nets. They are scared he may actually recover and play.

etpjk5424
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by etpjk5424 »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:It is certainly expected that the teams get the facilities they ask for, it's called common corteousy.

I'm sure India will reciprocate next time out if deemed so "bad". After all, they seem to control the rules on everything these days.

As for Indians complaining about poor food.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
did the Indians supply Shane Warne with his canned baked beans on tour or did he have to source that himself?