LADY REDS TO PLAY AT HINDMARSH STADIUM

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

LADY REDS TO PLAY AT HINDMARSH STADIUM

Post by bambam »

HI ALL
JOIN IN THE FIGHT TO HAVE THE W LEAGUE LADY REDS PLAY AT COOPER STADIUM (COOPER STADIUM).
THEY ARE A NATIONAL LEAGUE TEAM AND THEY PLAY AT A BACKYARD STADIUM.
AGAIN WOMEN ARE TREATED AS SECOND HAND CITIZENS.
SO CMON AND VOICE YOUR OPINION ON THIS FORUM.
WILL START A PETITION IF THERE IS ENOUGH SUPPORT ON THIS FORUM.
THIS ALSO INCLUDES LOCAL CLUBS TO PLAY THEIR CUP FINALS THERE AS WELL.
SO ALL YOU WOMEN SOCCER PLAYERS, PARENTS AND SUPPORTERS GET BEHING THIS CAUSE.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: LADY REDS TO PLAY AT HINDMARSH STADIUM

Post by themagnet »

Sorry Bambam, I think your wrong on this one. The cost of opening up Coopers Stadium for a W-league game is just too much and not worth it. I'd rather FFSA spend that money elswhere. Did you ever go to a game when they were playing there? The atmosphere was terrible! The crowds are far too small for that stadium. And I doubt people would to pay more to go watch a W-league game there, not worth it just for a bucket seat.
If you look at the W-league fixtures you'll see that most of the clubs do the same thing, play at a smaller local venue. Other than Brisbane playing a couple of games at Suncorp, I don't think anyone else plays at the same ground as the A-league team. It's not quite the outrage you think it is.
I do agree that the cup finals should be played there though. The stand fills up by the end of the day, good atmosphere, and the prestige of playing at 'Hindmarsh' is really important I think, especially for junior teams. I didn't go to West Beach this year, so I can't really compare, but I think for one day they could hire the place out and play the cup finals there.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

I agree with the magnet. Its far better at Adelaide Shores for the womens team, and it feels like it does belong to them and provides a much better atmosphere than would be at hindmarsh. I would not call it a backyard stadium either, it has been purpose built to suit the team.
Im closer than you think

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

Yes I agree with your comments.
However, I should have elaborated it further.
The lady reds game to be played prior to the men's game.
This would give an opportunity for supporters to see both games.
It would also raise the women's soccer profile to other supporters who have not seen women play soccer.
It would be cost efficient and Coopers who are the sponsors may add an additional sponsorship to assist the cost of the women's game.
The FFA could also program the games so the lady reds play home at the same time Adel Utd play.
food for thought.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

bambam wrote:Yes I agree with your comments.
It would also raise the women's soccer profile to other supporters who have not seen women play soccer.
It would be cost efficient and Coopers who are the sponsors may add an additional sponsorship to assist the cost of the women's game.
The FFA could also program the games so the lady reds play home at the same time Adel Utd play.
food for thought.
Double headers were tried a while ago, but just don't seem to attract that much interest. The early game actually has to finnish quite a while before the scheduled kick off time of the A-league game because teams want to use the pitch for their warm up, from memory there was close to an hour between the two games. This also means a really long day for any supporter that does try go out to watch both games.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Totally disagree, too expensive to hire and realistically we actually have win games to attract crowds, get into finals too. West beach is perfect and is a quality pitch. SPamming women's football when you have no knowledge of the game or for that matter women's football is ironic.
FIrst let's get reds winning and competitive , build a large crowd, then maybe , maybe when all the boxes are ticked, do you look at hindmarsh.
WEst beach is ideal for women's football , when we get 5000 to game repost!

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

food for thought.
As the W-League is broadcast on ABC and the A-League is broadcast on Fox, playing double headers becomes a logistical impossibility. Also, would you pay $30 to watch a W-League game, and how much of that do you think the women's team will see financially?

I am still of the belief that the Youth League and W-League should play back to back to create greater community exposure.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
food for thought.
As the W-League is broadcast on ABC and the A-League is broadcast on Fox, playing double headers becomes a logistical impossibility. Also, would you pay $30 to watch a W-League game, and how much of that do you think the women's team will see financially?

I am still of the belief that the Youth League and W-League should play back to back to create greater community exposure.
Actually I think that last point is a good idea. NYL & W-League in double headers.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

QuantoQuesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by QuantoQuesta »

Really.... Last two weeks have been the worst performances I've seen in a few years from the Lady Reds.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

To all those critics who had it in for DE and claims he was a useless coach need to think again.
DE had only himself and JR as his support coach. Ross A has a complete coaching support staff of approx 6.
Yet the lady reds have not one won a game this year under Ross A who was supposed to be our saviour in his second year as Head coach.
Why havent the critics come out after Ross.
The overseas/interstate recruitment has to be questioned.
Does then game plan and the structure suit the current players? I believe not.
Who is the lady reds true striker?
Our left and right defence players are not quick and are getting exposed.
Now that the Lady reds cant make the finals, I think Ross A needs to change the team structure and bring up younger players who have not had an opportunity.
Ross A also needs to review his interstate/overseas selection process as it has failed.
Ross definately needs to change the teams game plan when moving from defence into attack as it is predictable and the opposition teams have also exposed it.

Stairway to Heaven
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Stairway to Heaven »

sportsbird wrote:To all those critics who had it in for DE and claims he was a useless coach need to think again.
DE had only himself and JR as his support coach. Ross A has a complete coaching support staff of approx 6.
Yet the lady reds have not one won a game this year under Ross A who was supposed to be our saviour in his second year as Head coach.
Why havent the critics come out after Ross.
It makes me wonder.
To be a rock and not to roll

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

I think this is a bit unfair.

Take all international players out of the equation and we'd be up there right now.

Ross doesn't have the luxury of a budget that allows him to recruit 2-3 US national players to complement the strong Australian players than in turn complement the youngsters coming through the state NTCs.

Every team has splashed cash this year (look at Perth!) and have improved squads that way, we haven't. We are making strides the right way. It's time we stopped obsessing over the end result of games and start pushing to see SA girls in the Matildas as a priority.

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

Lucas Leiva wrote:splashed cash
I disagree...SA have splashed a lot of cash on the coach.
Rumor has it he gets paid around 80K for his role with FFSA. :clown:
And I am with sportsbird, where are all the critics?

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

sportsbird wrote:.
Now that the Lady reds cant make the finals, I think Ross A needs to change the team structure and bring up younger players who have not had an opportunity.
You're kidding right? Most of our team is 'young players'! I think on the coverage they said the average age of our squad is 18!! And it really shows. A lot of the girs are still that 'girls', and they are struggling against the more mature bodies in the W-League. They look out of depth and are being thrown to the wolves. Adelaide seem to be missing the middle age group who are playing in their prime and have really young girls and a few players at the back end of their careers.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

How much money has been spent on this team for the terrible season once again ,if it wasn't for Barbs results would be far worse....at least Barnett got a few results

richoman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by richoman »

we are conceding too many goals because we have not selected defenders to play in defense
the squad is made up of midfielders /forwards who are being used as defenders and at this level that dose not work
when you hear your goalie telling the back four when to push forward and when to drop back you know that you have not got dedicated defenders in your back four which is a fatal mistake at any level .There are good quality experienced defenders in our premier league who should be utilized and allow the younger players to develop alongside them .

there are too many positional changes during the game and from week to week ,a team cannot function if it`s structure is constantly changing . A team must have a set structure to allow the players to function as unit .Watching the second half of Sundays game we saw a team with no cohesion .

On a positive note it is pleasing to see the players from the NTC development squad being able to hold their own . It is a big plus for the development program , as opposed to players from the old SASI program who were overwhelmed (with a few exceptions ) by the speed and pressure of the W League , which is the reason for our lack of players in their mid Twenties .

Their are players in our Premier League from the previous program who should be seriously looked at and given an opportunity to prove themselves , which will allow us to develop a solid core group to which can be added the international players and our developing youth players .
The interstate additions have not added any solidity to our squad ,so why not give the opportunity to our local stalwarts who commit themselves to our local league year after year .
Sport not only builds character - It reveals it

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Having watched them twice now, i dont know where our goals are going to come from ?

Sunday we didnt get a direct shot at goal until about the 60th minute, week before we got to about the edge of the penalty box at least three times in first 20 mins, and we look to lay it off, only to be offside - why arent we shooting ?

Last week we didnt play that bad, only a cracking goal separating the two sides at half time, slight lapse in mental concentration has also cost us, where we are getting caught ball watching, instead on "man on man " so to speak.

People are getting frustrated ( including me ) every year we keep hearing about good crop of young players coming through, what has happened to all the players that have come through all the sasi, itc, stic, development squads state squads from the last 15 years ?
We should have a strong competitive Premier league competition, with a very competitive W League side...wher have all these players gone and why ?

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

The other problem is also the way the coaches communicate with the players is terrible screaming at a player is not going to make them play better .And how's quits going at Victory ?

pvfc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pvfc »

The General wrote: People are getting frustrated ( including me ) every year we keep hearing about good crop of young players coming through, what has happened to all the players that have come through all the sasi, itc, stic, development squads state squads from the last 15 years ?
We should have a strong competitive Premier league competition, with a very competitive W League side...wher have all these players gone and why ?
1) Some of the players aged 20+ have simply left the game for various reasons
2) Some players with WL potential have been regarded differently by different coaches (KM, MB, DE, RA) over the years (that's life...)
3) Some players have had bad luck with timing of injuries etc meaning that they didn't even get to be seen playing in Prems or in trials by Ross and hence were not considered for W-League last season, this season, or both.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

pvfc wrote:
The General wrote: People are getting frustrated ( including me ) every year we keep hearing about good crop of young players coming through, what has happened to all the players that have come through all the sasi, itc, stic, development squads state squads from the last 15 years ?
1) Some of the players aged 20+ have simply left the game for various reasons
2) Some players with WL potential have been regarded differently by different coaches (KM, MB, DE, RA) over the years (that's life...)
3) Some players have had bad luck with timing of injuries etc meaning that they didn't even get to be seen playing in Prems or in trials by Ross and hence were not considered for W-League last season, this season, or both.

You make some valid points pvfc, you could add another category to that - those who should be playing at the top level but chose not to. Prefer to play with friends, or, just gets all too hard and play at an easier level.

Would be curious to know why so many leave the game at such a young age.
Is the committment required too much ? I see where a lot of top level women's clubs are already advertising for tryouts ?
Are some ( Premier league players ) suffering burnout from not having a sufficient break between seasons?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

John Cena wrote:How much money has been spent on this team for the terrible season once again ,if it wasn't for Barbs results would be far worse....at least Barnett got a few results
John Cena wrote:The other problem is also the way the coaches communicate with the players is terrible screaming at a player is not going to make them play better .And how's quits going at Victory ?
Three games later and they've beaten Canberra, Perth & Victory

:lol:

COYR98
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by COYR98 »

Wraith wrote:
John Cena wrote:How much money has been spent on this team for the terrible season once again ,if it wasn't for Barbs results would be far worse....at least Barnett got a few results
John Cena wrote:The other problem is also the way the coaches communicate with the players is terrible screaming at a player is not going to make them play better .And how's quits going at Victory ?
Three games later and they've beaten Canberra, Perth & Victory

:lol:
Its funny how everyone has going quiet now, some people just want to slag on coaches at any possible opportunity. Wheres the positive remarks now with 3 wins on the trot?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

I haven't gone quiet.
Just informing some home truth.
Since then, they must have read my comments and now have started to play football and win games and playing local girls.
Great too see.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Yep. It was all you.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

no not necessarily maybe 99%. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

:)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

A couple weekends ago when both teams played Perth, the W-LEague game should have been a double header to help promote the womens game. 14k at etihad for Victory vs Canberra. We couldnt do that here but you could get a few thousand with some good marketing especially when it is a double header between the 2 same clubs...make a day of it for home and travelling fans