Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:
Stuckey wrote: Yep thats done it! Great games against Burnley, QPR, Leicester, West Ham and Everton has paid £65m off. :roll:

Not to mention his amazing display for Argentina in a friendly!

and im sure it hurt your pocket personally.. the 65mill :roll:

if you cant see that Di Maria is all class and arnt happy to have him on board u have NFI
Find me where I said he was no good?
can find plenty of you saying he wasn't worth it, which is pretty much the same thing
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:

and im sure it hurt your pocket personally.. the 65mill :roll:

if you cant see that Di Maria is all class and arnt happy to have him on board u have NFI
Find me where I said he was no good?
can find plenty of you saying he wasn't worth it, which is pretty much the same thing
Actually its not. Its just you trying to put words in my mouth.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:Blind is probably the signing I'm most happy about. £34m for Shaw and £60m (or up to £130m if you believe the headlines) for Di Maria who IMO Man U weren't desperate for is crazy talk.

so these words didn't come from your mouth? :lol:

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:I'm not saying he's a bad signing I'm saying he's a rip off. The market said he was worth £30m and for no reason besides their own desperation they paid double.

I just read a funny tweet that sums it up.

Ed Woodward was sent to the market to buy food and water, he came back with a Ferrari and Lambo.

That's how I feel.

or these ones? :lol:

ok they don't say he's not good but certainly say you would be more than happy not to have him in the team cos he aint worth it which really, is pretty much the same thing hey

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Stuckey wrote:I'm not saying he's a bad signing I'm saying he's a rip off. The market said he was worth £30m and for no reason besides their own desperation they paid double.

I just read a funny tweet that sums it up.

Ed Woodward was sent to the market to buy food and water, he came back with a Ferrari and Lambo.

That's how I feel.

or these ones? :lol:

ok they don't say he's not good but certainly say you would be more than happy not to have him in the team cos he aint worth it which really, is pretty much the same thing hey
So? That still doesn't prove I think he's a bad player. Which is what you're trying to get at. In fact you've highlighted me saying the contrary.
I stand by that statement.
Look at what £5m more bought Chelsea this season: Costa AND Fabragas. Are you trying to say Di Maria is almost better then those two players combined?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

ive never said you think he's a bad player.. I have clearly stated many times you don't think he is worth the money and think man utd could of done better spending less on another player

now to me and probably most normal people, that sounds like you don't want him in the team for the main reason of price, which anyway you look at it is saying that you rather he isn't at the club

normal (majority) of man utd supporters are more than happy he is playing for the club (regardless of cost) and im pretty sure quite a lot of supporters from other teams would also LOVE to have him in their team

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

At the moment, if Man U didn't have di maira they would be down near the bottom of the table. He has been immense for you guys this year. He could almost single handedly keep you in the top 4 until Christmas, where I'm sure they'll spend up big again.
Businesses of this size don't accept mediocrity.
I'll have him at lfc if you don't want him!!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:ive never said you think he's a bad player.. I have clearly stated many times you don't think he is worth the money and think man utd could of done better spending less on another player

now to me and probably most normal people, that sounds like you don't want him in the team for the main reason of price, which anyway you look at it is saying that you rather he isn't at the club

normal (majority) of man utd supporters are more than happy he is playing for the club (regardless of cost) and im pretty sure quite a lot of supporters from other teams would also LOVE to have him in their team
No you said
Kosta Utd wrote:if you cant see that Di Maria is all class nd arnt happy to have him on board u have NFI
So yes you did say I think he's not a great player.
Are you going to answer my question? Is Di Maria better then Costa AND Fabragas combined?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

stuckey so you are denying you think he is a waste of money?

as I said majority of people anywhere in the world would LOVE to have Di Maria in their side.. but you have an issue with the price man u paid for him :lol:

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:stuckey so you are denying you think he is a waste of money?

as I said majority of people anywhere in the world would LOVE to have Di Maria in their side.. but you have an issue with the price man u paid for him :lol:
Of course I'm not that's my entire point, he is. Are you going to answer my very simple question?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:stuckey so you are denying you think he is a waste of money?

Of course I'm not that's my entire point, he is. Are you going to answer my very simple question?
so they guy who has scored how many so far? and directly set uphow many goals? is not worth it ??? :lol: geez u talk some shit

Di Maria is the solely biggest single reason we are where we are on the table at the moment and things will only get better yet you don't want him on the team cos he costs to much? :lol:

I wouldn't say Di Maria is better than Fabregas and Costa combined, only an idiot would say that..

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote: I wouldn't say Di Maria is better than Fabregas and Costa combined, only an idiot would say that..
But you are saying that Di Maria is value for money even though two players combined bought around the same period valued at £5m more are better.
Explain to me how Di Maria is then value for money?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote: I wouldn't say Di Maria is better than Fabregas and Costa combined, only an idiot would say that..
But you are saying that Di Maria is value for money even though two players combined bought around the same period valued at £5m more are better.

If he is the difference between United finishing 7th without him and 4th with him, the CL is worth between £35-60m depending on how far you advance. If he's the difference between getting knocked out in the group stages or going to the final, how much is he worth then?

Plus, at 26, he would still have some decent resale value if they move him on in the next few years. Add to that, I doubt his salary is the same as the other two combined, so his 'on cost' is less as well.

He can still be value for money, maybe just not such good value for money as Fab and Costa, it just depends on how you quantify it.

I hate watching stupid people argue, they can't construct a coherent argument for toffee. Present company excepted of course :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:
are u really THAT thick?

In his first 5 games for united Di Maria already has 3 goals and 3 assists - and all this is while he is still settling in

The guy does everything creates chances, dribbling, tracking back with plenty of touches on the ball.. I believe its around 77 per game average

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

If he is the difference between United finishing 7th without him and 4th with him, the CL is worth between £35-60m depending on how far you advance. If he's the difference between getting knocked out in the group stages or going to the final, how much is he worth then?

Plus, at 26, he would still have some decent resale value if they move him on in the next few years. Add to that, I doubt his salary is the same as the other two combined, so his 'on cost' is less as well.

He can still be value for money, maybe just not such good value for money as Fab and Costa, it just depends on how you quantify it.

I hate watching stupid people argue, they can't construct a coherent argument for toffee. Present company excepted of course :wink:
Of course down the track if he takes Man Utd to the UCL then he'll certainly go towards paying that off. I mentioned that already. Kosta is saying after 5 games against average opposition and a meaningless friendly for another side, he's paid his hefty fee off already.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

your an idiot.. what I am saying is that im more than happy with his performances so far and that he is playing for united..

what you are saying is that he isn't worth it so according to you and shouldn't be there.. remember your are in the extreme minority who think this and that includes the thoughts of non man u supporters.. think about that

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:your an idiot.. what I am saying is that im more than happy with his performances so far and that he is playing for united..

what you are saying is that he isn't worth it so according to you and shouldn't be there.. remember your are in the extreme minority who think this and that includes the thoughts of non man u supporters.. think about that
I don't need to think about that I'm already aware of it.

Oh I'm the idiot because you've now changed the subject. We weren't discussing his performances I've told you multiple times he's played very well (given against average opposition.)

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Manchester United after 9 games under Moyes: 14 points

Manchester United after 9 games under Van Gaal: 13 points

Bring Moyes back!

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

The Kop wrote:Manchester United after 9 games under Moyes: 14 points

Bring Moyes back!
the point we got of Chelsea felt ok.. could of won that match but for some sloppy post defending by RVP, only one other team this season has claimed a point of Chelsea... Liverpool on the other hand couldn't find the back of the net against Hull City :D

got to be a great boost for the Manchester Derby next week :D

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Kosta Utd wrote:

Bring Moyes back!
the point we got of Chelsea felt ok.. could of won that match but for some sloppy post defending by RVP, only one other team this season has claimed a point of Chelsea... Liverpool on the other hand couldn't find the back of the net against Hull City :D

Oh how the mighty have fallen.....

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

The Kop wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:

Bring Moyes back!

Oh how the mighty have fallen.....
I agree wholeheartedly.. such a great fall that all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Liverpool together again

please remind me.. how many years since your last premiership title? I believe 22 years :lol:

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

stop living in the past.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

The Kop wrote:stop living in the past.
ohhh I am so looking forward to the 15th of December.. in the meantime I eagerly await the 8th of nov

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

how the mighty fallen x 2.

Bit of Everton mentality there, making it a cup final and all......wonder if the DVD will come out?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

??

I have always looked forward to the Liverpool v Man Utd games, especially with a few Liverpool supporters close to me.. we get together and make a night with it.. considering Liverpools 'current' form and balotelli's goal scoring prowess, I don't think man U will have any issues

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Kosta Utd wrote:??

I have always looked forward to the Liverpool v Man Utd games, especially with a few Liverpool supporters close to me.. we get together and make a night with it.. considering Liverpools 'current' form and balotelli's goal scoring prowess, I don't think man U will have any issues
Didn't realise Utd's "current" form really that superior?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

The Kop wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:??

Didn't realise Utd's "current" form really that superior?
if by 'current' you mean this rounds matches I would certainly rate it a lot higher that liverpools :D

1 - 1 to the inform team of the completion Vs 0 - 0 to newly promoted hull city... mmmmmm

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Newly promoted? Nope that would be Leicester, Burnley & QPR. Remember the first two?

:wink:

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

The Kop wrote:Newly promoted? Nope that would be Leicester, Burnley & QPR. Remember the first two?

:wink:
short term memory loss regarding those two.. anyway like you said.. stop living in the past :wink:

ok with hull city you got me on a technicality, getting into the prem league 13/14 season instead of this season.. either way, considering they have only participated in the top flight for 3 seasons out of their 100+ year history it would be safe to say they are 'newcomers' no? hardly a power house in English football

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Not a bad place to register first away win!

I felt Fellani was very good, probably one of the best performances I've seen from him at MU.
Where's Di Maria gone? He was top of the world v QPR and Leicester now has really gone missing in the last month v Chelsea, City and Arsenal. His miss at the end almost let them back in the game.

To get the win with the injury list the side has is a credit to them.