Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:maaaaaaaaaaaaate who gives a rats ass.. is it coming out of your pocket.. the squad obviously needs a quick rebuild and I am very happy United are buying top quality players.. also for the long term I am wanting the club to continue along with youth.. which im sure they will

I think stuckey has an anti 'marque' policy.. not in favour of either united spending to get good players in :lol:
I'm not anti-marquee I'm just pro-development. I think fans that sit there and say 'spend, spend, spend' say that because they never consider the development of players and just demand instant success. Where is the next gen coming from? Who is bringing them thru then? Look at Barca. Sure they do splash the cash but the majority of their squad is brought thru their system and youth structure allowing them to learn to play the Barca way. Then because they as well can afford to they spend to fill holes they can fill with their own. No wonder they are considered the greatest club on Earth.

GeorgeB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GeorgeB »

United have given academy players Blackett, Lingard and M.Keane debuts this season. Reece James and W. Keane played in the pre-season. Last season Laurence and Wilson made their debuts.

Wilson is a much better prospect as a striker than Welbeck, hence why Welbeck was released (mistake IMO).

To say United have abandoned their youth policy is ludicrous. All these players will develop into better players playing with the class players just purchased rather than all being thrown into a team that was lacking class with 9 injuries and 5 retirements/players moved on.

The 3 5 2 is a better system with fullbacks as WB's rather than wingers. Rafael and Shaw would have been those WB's if not injured. Young and Valencia have struggled there.

Anyway, Lallana and Lambert didn't want to come to United because of a lack of Champions League football so instead we got DiMaria and Falcao!

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

GeorgeB wrote:United have given academy players Blackett, Lingard and M.Keane debuts this season. Reece James and W. Keane played in the pre-season. Last season Laurence and Wilson made their debuts.

Wilson is a much better prospect as a striker than Welbeck, hence why Welbeck was released (mistake IMO).

To say United have abandoned their youth policy is ludicrous. All these players will develop into better players playing with the class players just purchased rather than all being thrown into a team that was lacking class with 9 injuries and 5 retirements/players moved on.

The 3 5 2 is a better system with fullbacks as WB's rather than wingers. Rafael and Shaw would have been those WB's if not injured. Young and Valencia have struggled there.

Anyway, Lallana and Lambert didn't want to come to United because of a lack of Champions League football so instead we got DiMaria and Falcao!
Lambert didn't want to come to UTD, because he is a LFC fan, who would never play for UTD. It had nothing to do with UTD being a mid table team. Don't let the facts spoil your rant.

Jog on .......
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I remember reading history books about Galileo's discovery that the Sun didn't revolve around the Earth...he was demonised for his heliocentric beliefs...soon people will realise that the football world doesn't revolve around Manchester United.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

GeorgeB wrote:United have given academy players Blackett, Lingard and M.Keane debuts this season. Reece James and W. Keane played in the pre-season. Last season Laurence and Wilson made their debuts.

Be interesting to see how many of the current youth players will become regular first team players.

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

I can't believe man utd fans on this forum are this dumb: "Lambert didn't come to united because we don't have CL"

honestly do you guys have velcro shoes? cos I can't imagine you tying laces.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Del Boca Vista wrote:I can't believe man utd fans on this forum are this dumb: "Lambert didn't come to united because we don't have CL"

:lol: I can't believe the bindipper is crowing about signing the new Emile Heskey :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Del Boca Vista wrote:I can't believe man utd fans on this forum are this dumb: "Lambert didn't come to united because we don't have CL"

who are these 'fans' you speak of? how many have stated that?

u sir are the dumb ass
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

:D :D :D :D

4 reasons 2 smile

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

It was only QPR - Even the Spuds managed that :roll:

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Corner turned.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

1 point behind Liverpool now! :D

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Derek wrote:It was only QPR - Even the Spuds managed that :roll:

ahhhhhhhhh shuddupayaface

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

United don't look like the same team with Fletcher :wink:

Sorry, should have read 'without'.
Last edited by Nice One Cyril on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Nice One Cyril wrote:United don't look like the same team with Fletcher :wink:
shame that :D

United looked like a well drilled machine this morning.. couple of defensive lapses which will get punished by the higher teams but postitive work in progress

Di Maria was pure class, involved everywhere and anywhere, scored one, set up two.. this man is worth every cent United spent on him

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:

United looked like a well drilled machine this morning.. couple of defensive lapses which will get punished by the higher teams but postitive work in progress

Di Maria was pure class, involved everywhere and anywhere, scored one, set up two.. this man is worth every cent United spent on him
:lol: one good performance v QPR and he's paid off his £60m (or £130m) transfer fee.

If he takes Man Utd back to the Champions League then that's half his fee paid for.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

one magic performance but one of many more to come.. stuckey the unbeliever

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:one magic performance but one of many more to come.. stuckey the unbeliever
I've never said he's a bad player and won't be good for MU, I believe he will be.
I just need more then one good game to claim him as value for money.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kosta Utd wrote:one magic performance but one of many more to come.. stuckey the unbeliever
Value for money is debatable, but he's a fine player no doubt.

I'd wait until they play a better team than QPR though before jizzing my pants. :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:

:lol: one good performance v QPR and he's paid off his £60m (or £130m) transfer fee.

If he takes Man Utd back to the Champions League then that's half his fee paid for.
Di Maria already proved his transfer fee in a friendly against Germany.

Doome
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doome »

Di Maria was pure class, involved everywhere and anywhere, scored one, set up two.. this man is worth every cent United spent on him[/quote]

If he takes Man Utd back to the Champions League then that's half his fee paid for.[/quote]
Di Maria already proved his transfer fee in a friendly against Germany.[/quote]

Yeah, I never doubt Di Maria's ability, good to see this. Maybe C Ronaldo will join Manchester United next season, hope Manchester United can rebuild his glory soon.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Value for money is debatable, but he's a fine player no doubt.

I'd wait until they play a better team than QPR though before jizzing my pants. :wink:

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:
I've never said he's a bad player and won't be good for MU, I believe he will be.
I just need more then one good game to claim him as value for money.
did u even watch the game? Was like nothing ive seen of united for quiet a while

take each day as it comes, enjoy the moment

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Blind played a good game on debut

Brings stability to the team

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Blind was excellent. Di Maria is sublime. What a combination of dribbling and passing. I would rather have him than Ronaldo or Bale for that reason. A joy to watch.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

BruceLee wrote:Blind was excellent. Di Maria is sublime. What a combination of dribbling and passing. I would rather have him than Ronaldo or Bale for that reason. A joy to watch.
:lol: I think it's you doing the dribbling :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

medicare
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by medicare »

BruceLee wrote:Blind was excellent. Di Maria is sublime. What a combination of dribbling and passing. I would rather have him than Ronaldo or Bale for that reason. A joy to watch.

Danny Blind made 112 passes during the game, the fifth highest total of any player in any game so far this season.

Number of passes successfully completed = 107.

Thats shows just how good he wasin his first game.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Blind had a blinder

hey Cyril, try sum livebait :wink:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: I think it's you doing the dribbling :wink:

I think you are right :lol:

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Geez compare the reaction on here to when we beat QPR 4-0...