Belgium v Socceroos

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Belgium v Socceroos

Post by adelaidebloke »

not a bad friendly in september against Belgium, ranked 11 in the world :)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Belgium v Socceroos

Post by Red-4-Life »

Also games against Qatar and UAE lined up a month later. Another match against European opponent pending

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

yes 4 friendly games lined up :)

what our squad needs 8)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Maybe we could play England to get a real confidence boost?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Red-4-Life wrote:Maybe we could play England to get a real confidence boost?
True, but Qatar is more of a test
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

USING THAT FORMULA, THE BIGHEADED AUSSIES SHOULD PLAY THEMSELVES :lol: :lol: :lol:

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

4 more hit outs just what the dr ordered before the real stuff in January 2015

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

2 big outs from Belgium squad, hazard and some other dude

Shazna
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Shazna »

That sounds dangerous.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Ang lost his cool overnight when a Belgium reporter asked is we were scared to take them on, serioulsy what a stoopid question to ask

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

nice we ned to have a bit of passion, fire up son!!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Rookie wrote:Ang lost his cool overnight when a Belgium reporter asked is we were scared to take them on, serioulsy what a stoopid question to ask
I thought Ange lost it because the reporter asked him how he felt coming into his sixth game in a row without a win?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

out classed, time to smack some easier blokes, before we take on top 10 teams in the world.

god too see some new boys in the sqaud but we need some wins now!!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

The way we are going we will slip out of the top 100 rankings pretty soon.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

got some easy games coming up now so she'll be right

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

As far as friendlies go, this was a good fast game, especially the first half before the rythm of the game was spoilt in the 2nd half with the usual procession of multiple subs.

Leckie was fast, setting up a superb cutback which Tim Cahill should have put away.

Belgium's speed was incredible & Jedinak in particular had to give away many fouls to try to stem the tide.

The one real disappointment again was Oar. Couldn't beat his fullback, hit row Z with a shot & kicked a corner out of play. Ange took ages to sub him.

Dunno who the answer is at left midfield to complement Davidson's overlapping. And Ange still experimenting at the centre-back & right back positions. Bresciano irreplaceable as the creative midfielder for our home Asian Cup campaign.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Con M wrote:As far as friendlies go, this was a good fast game, especially the first half before the rythm of the game was spoilt in the 2nd half with the usual procession of multiple subs.

Leckie was fast, setting up a superb cutback which Tim Cahill should have put away.

Belgium's speed was incredible & Jedinak in particular had to give away many fouls to try to stem the tide.

The one real disappointment again was Oar. Couldn't beat his fullback, hit row Z with a shot & kicked a corner out of play. Ange took ages to sub him.

Dunno who the answer is at left midfield to complement Davidson's overlapping. And Ange still experimenting at the centre-back & right back positions. Bresciano irreplaceable as the creative midfielder for our home Asian Cup campaign.
Your right about Oar, which is strange why Ange keeps playing on the wing IMO he looks so much better playing centrally and generally that's where he plays his club football. I disagree the Bresc is irreplaceable Oar is good there and Bozanic was great in the WC there as well. He certainly is great there and important to have in the squad but I would rather see Ange give Oar, Loungo and Bozanic game time in front of Bresc in the next friendlies.

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Luongo looked like he had something. I like Sainsbury too. He plays with confidence and will get better. Leckie is crazy fast which is an asset.

Maybe play Kruse on the left and leckie on the right. Halloran looked ok too.

Milligan also has a lot of very good moments.

Looking forward to seeing more of certain guys. Shame about Antonis. Kind of surprised that ange doesn't rate brattan enough to put him in the squad.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BruceLee wrote:Luongo looked like he had something. I like Sainsbury too. He plays with confidence and will get better. Leckie is crazy fast which is an asset.

Maybe play Kruse on the left and leckie on the right. Halloran looked ok too.

Milligan also has a lot of very good moments.

Looking forward to seeing more of certain guys. Shame about Antonis. Kind of surprised that ange doesn't rate brattan enough to put him in the squad.
Yeah true. I'd have Brattan in the mix. Obviously he'd be behind Milligan and Jednak but still.