Referee Questions

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Referee Questions

Post by jonnomath »

The General wrote:Not really a question, had an interesting couple scenarios during a women's match last Sunday.
The referee asked to speak to the players pre game ( why they do that I dont know, they only do half the things they say they are going to do )he gave an example on when it is and isnt acceptable to use swear words.
That didnt bother me until he started to continually swear in front of the players, I asked him not to do that ( I think that got his back up ? ) as I dont tolerate swearing at any time from anyone.
I wonder if he gave the same speel to the other team,who were a Christian Collegiate side ?

During the game, he awarded an indirect free kick just inside the penalty area, (near the centre ) neither team knew who it was for,he hesitated before he pointed in favour of the attacking side. Because it was originally awarded as in direct, didnt set up too much of the wall ( picking up the lose players ).
As the referee blew his whistle for the free to be taken he shouted "its direct" ??? Their player blasted it past the keeper for a goal, and the goal stood,despite all our protests.
I am beginning to wonder, do we seriously need official referees in the women's leagues ( lower grades anyway ) every time we have played with a club referee there have been no issues,lot of the volunteers have played the game,referee it from a players perspective.Enough said.

p.s. for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .
I would strongly suggest your club chairman write an official letter to the governing body and ask this matter be addressed.

I feel for you as I have seen this type of thing before. They shouldn't be allowed to referee if they don't know the rules... Simples...

Beyond Blue
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Beyond Blue »

The General wrote:for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .
No it's not. Only the ones awarded to the attacking team.

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jimmy2014 »

The General wrote:Not really a question, had an interesting couple scenarios during a women's match last Sunday.
The referee asked to speak to the players pre game ( why they do that I dont know, they only do half the things they say they are going to do )he gave an example on when it is and isnt acceptable to use swear words.
That didnt bother me until he started to continually swear in front of the players, I asked him not to do that ( I think that got his back up ? ) as I dont tolerate swearing at any time from anyone.
I wonder if he gave the same speel to the other team,who were a Christian Collegiate side ?

During the game, he awarded an indirect free kick just inside the penalty area, (near the centre ) neither team knew who it was for,he hesitated before he pointed in favour of the attacking side. Because it was originally awarded as in direct, didnt set up too much of the wall ( picking up the lose players ).
As the referee blew his whistle for the free to be taken he shouted "its direct" ??? Their player blasted it past the keeper for a goal, and the goal stood,despite all our protests.
I am beginning to wonder, do we seriously need official referees in the women's leagues ( lower grades anyway ) every time we have played with a club referee there have been no issues,lot of the volunteers have played the game,referee it from a players perspective.Enough said.

p.s. for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .
What comp did this happen in? - wasn't it byes or cups or something for women?
Are you a pastor or other religious rep?
Are you the OISC coach?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Casual Racism wrote:
The General wrote:for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .
No it's not. Only the ones awarded to the attacking team.

forgive me for not saying "to the attacking team" :0

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

jimmy2014 wrote:

What comp did this happen in? - wasn't it byes or cups or something for women?
Are you a pastor or other religious rep?
Are you the OISC coach?
It was the ffsa women's comp - collegiate clubs combined with div 4/5 clubs -crazy idea big difference in standard
No I am not a pastor, and I just voluntary help out of the club sides ( no other reps )
No nothing to do with OISC

Really not sure what the logic of having a women's collegiate league is,judging by their scores seems to be huge disparity between all the teams.
Top two or three collegiate sides probably div 1 standard, bottom collegiate sides probably div 5 standard.
With the div 4/5 club leagues, mostly new or developing sides,never a chance of making the finals, as it turns out all 4 teams in the semi finals are collegiate teams.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The General wrote:
jimmy2014 wrote:
Really not sure what the logic of having a women's league is