Fanzone at Adel.Oval during the World Cup?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Fanzone at Adel.Oval during the World Cup?

Post by Delete Your Account »

Con M wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:Mr Con Mightknownothing,

England v Italy is the same time kickoff as Australia v Chile (but the next day).
Now hang on, Mr slightly sarcastic Bacon. There has been some confusion about what time that kick off is.

When the draw first came out in December 2013, various newspapers & glossy publications got it wrong about the kick-off times on TV in OZ. They didn't allow for changes in daylight savings time in OZ, Eastern Standard Time in OZ, let alone the difference datewise between OZ and Brazil. Further, TV stations in England & Italy agitated for the kick-off time to be changed to suit their viewing audience (google it).

If you care to check today the TattsBet for odds in that England v Italia game (Italia $2.40, England $2.95), the closing time for bets is 10.30 am Sund 15/6/14. If TattsBet is wrong, I'm going to lay a big bet on already knowing the result, even though I'm not a betting man.

Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make is some kids' school games should be postponed for Saturday 14/6/14 when their country is playing. And a compromise reached for some FFSA JPL/JSL teams wanting to postpone their games on Sund 15/6 so they can watch England v Italia in their big World Cup clash.
I don't care to look at Tattsbet. I'll get my information about kick offs direct from the FIFA website.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Con M wrote:

England v Italy is the same time kickoff as Australia v Chile (but the next day).
Now hang on, Mr slightly sarcastic Bacon. There has been some confusion about what time that kick off is.

When the draw first came out in December 2013, various newspapers & glossy publications got it wrong about the kick-off times on TV in OZ. They didn't allow for changes in daylight savings time in OZ, Eastern Standard Time in OZ, let alone the difference datewise between OZ and Brazil. Further, TV stations in England & Italy agitated for the kick-off time to be changed to suit their viewing audience (google it).

If you care to check today the TattsBet for odds in that England v Italia game (Italia $2.40, England $2.95), the closing time for bets is 10.30 am Sund 15/6/14. If TattsBet is wrong, I'm going to lay a big bet on already knowing the result, even though I'm not a betting man.

Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make is some kids' school games should be postponed for Saturday 14/6/14 when their country is playing. And a compromise reached for some FFSA JPL/JSL teams wanting to postpone their games on Sund 15/6 so they can watch England v Italia in their big World Cup clash.
What if I have a japanese kid in my side or whoever is playing in another game that clashes with your grand plan?

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote:

What if I have a japanese kid in my side or whoever is playing in another game that clashes with your grand plan?
What is said kid is from the eastern suburbs as well?

Con will he be able to watch the game?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

It's the kids from Ghana and the USA that I feel sorry for the most, why hasn't school been cancelled on the monday in case they want to watch the game?

What about the primary school games the week after, I mean those poor kids from Nigeria and Bosnia.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ok, it's only fair all football, work and school stops so we can all watch the world cup.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Stitch This wrote:Said it before.....

Can't play because Australia are playing
Can't play because Adelaide United are playing
Can't play because it's a long weekend
Can't play because it's mother's day
Can't play because it's more than 30 mins drive away
Can't play because it's raining

No wonder AFL has all the cash.
Sorry to stop you on a role, however 2 years ago they changed an AFL game because Black Caviar was running - most normal minded people wouldn't want to change schedules for "standard games", last time I looked World Cup was only on every 4 years, if the mighty Federation can't reschedule a few under 10 games, so kids can watch their national team play one game in the World Cup (the other 2 don't clash) then maybe it's they who have lost touch and have a second rate comp, with no money, no supporters and too many poor quality teams
Are you Bodo in disguise?

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

so no fanzone in adelaide ???????????????????????????????????????

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

adelaidebloke wrote:so no fanzone in adelaide ???????????????????????????????????????
I've contacted splash Adelaide. We'll see what happens there...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Knight15 wrote:

Sorry to stop you on a role, however 2 years ago they changed an AFL game because Black Caviar was running - most normal minded people wouldn't want to change schedules for "standard games", last time I looked World Cup was only on every 4 years, if the mighty Federation can't reschedule a few under 10 games, so kids can watch their national team play one game in the World Cup (the other 2 don't clash) then maybe it's they who have lost touch and have a second rate comp, with no money, no supporters and too many poor quality teams

changing for a horse race :lol: , still can't get over you have a day off for one, and a third rate one at that.

What about the kids who want to watch their national side, let's not be racist here. In my side I have aussies, English, greeks, italians and a pole. Will we ever get to play a game?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Knight15 wrote:

changing for a horse race :lol: , still can't get over you have a day off for one, and a third rate one at that.

What about the kids who want to watch their national side, let's not be racist here. In my side I have aussies, English, greeks, italians and a pole. Will we ever get to play a game?
I dont think the Polish lad will have any issues. :wink:
Ignore this signature

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

ok cool, lets hope splash sort something out :)

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

what has splash said stuckey ????????????? 8)

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

adelaidebloke wrote:what has splash said stuckey ????????????? 8)
http://splashadelaide.com.au/

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

so no answer, i have been on there website before.

i thought you asked them :)

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

adelaidebloke wrote:so no answer, i have been on there website before.

i thought you asked them :)
Sorry I don't know why I thought that was what you asked!

They emailed me;
Thank you for your application for the Winter Splash season! We have received your application and will be reviewing all entries over the coming week.
You will hear from us by COB Wednesday, 14 May 2014, on whether your application has been successful.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

ok thanks mate :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Nah Blacky, I always ask politely, and in English too - not Greek. Must admit the Bath did switch it over late one Saturday night to the soccer-football when we had a nice gourmet pizza there.

But have found the others have to be grovelled to..They explain they have to cater for the majority who are only interested in aussie rules or the cricket, and I politely explain they have more than one screen. The barsheilas never seem to know what Fox stations have soccer-football on & have on occasions actually handed us the remote to do the switching.

The Marryatville doesn't even have FoxTV & you had to convince them free-to-air SBS had any away Adelaide United games direct on a Friday night...

As i sat in that pub last night watching the liverpool game on one screen and the man city game on the other with the volume loud and clear I remembered this thread.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Con M wrote: Nah Blacky, I always ask politely, and in English too - not Greek. Must admit the Bath did switch it over late one Saturday night to the soccer-football when we had a nice gourmet pizza there.

But have found the others have to be grovelled to..They explain they have to cater for the majority who are only interested in aussie rules or the cricket, and I politely explain they have more than one screen. The barsheilas never seem to know what Fox stations have soccer-football on & have on occasions actually handed us the remote to do the switching.

The Marryatville doesn't even have FoxTV & you had to convince them free-to-air SBS had any away Adelaide United games direct on a Friday night...

As i sat in that pub last night watching the liverpool game on one screen and the man city game on the other with the volume loud and clear I remembered this thread.
I have always had the feeling that Con M is a confused old man who the world has left behind and as such he shouldn't be mocked but treated with a quiet dignity.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: In my side I have aussies, English, greeks, italians and a pole. Will we ever get to play a game?
I'd imagine most of them are Australian kids with those various backgrounds/heritages . A lot of blue-moon scenarios have been thrown up here. But look back on the thread - where have I mentioned unrealistic things like skipping school or kids to be up at crazy 1.30 am or 4.30 am times?

7.30 am Sat 14/6/14 was achievable as it is probably the only game with a slim chance of Australia getting a result in that World Cup Group B.

I note no-one but Stuckey acknowledged that kids can also learn by watching a game. No acknowledgement by others about that, or dare I whisper it - a show of patriotism to help Aussie kids watch their country live.

I mean how often would a game featuring Australia's National team clash with a Saturday morning school program here in OZ? Going on history it will be another 36 years before a World Cup Finals Tournament is held in South America for those times to coincide.

Anyhow, naysayers about those kids being helped to watch their Country versus Chile needn't worry. I bumped into/spoke to organizers of the giant Eastern Zone Primary Schools Soccer Association and they said their 14/6/14 program is set. Nothing sinister - they just merely didn't check the calendar or know Australia was playing at that time. They say they can't change it now. All the teams who gather early for the 8.30 am kick-offs, 9.10 k.o.'s, 9.20 k.o.'s and even 9.50 am k.o.'s won't be able to watch Australia play as that OZ v Chile game finishes approx. 9.25 am. More is the pity.

And yep, I know there will be those who will say things like was said by commentators last weekend, like record it. But it's not the same as watching the game live, and anyway someone or some car radio is going to give the result away.

ps, just back on the thread topic - there will not be a World Cup fanzone at the SACA Crowval at 7.30 am on Saturday 14th June. End of.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

4 of my side are English and play in that zone. That association had far bigger issues than worrying about that day.

Also. They lied to you as the fixtures are not even out for that date yet as they regrade all teams after round 4.

And 4 of my team are English, not just English heritage

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:4 of my side are English and play in that zone. That association had far bigger issues than worrying about that day.

Also. They lied to you as the fixtures are not even out for that date yet as they regrade all teams after round 4.

True, they regrade for the 14th June but will still slot them into those 8.30am, 9.10am, 9.20am, 9.50am etc k.o. times. Look at the EZPSSA website for those proposed 14/6/14 k.o. times. No lies made, no reason to doubt the info given by them.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

God is an Englishman wrote:4 of my side are English and play in that zone. That association had far bigger issues than worrying about that day.

Did they? Or is someone else telling Porkies?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Black_Panther wrote:

Are you suggesting that Con is just making it up?

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Black_Panther wrote:

Are you suggesting that Con is just making it up?
Well he doesn't have the best track record when it comes to things happening in the Eastern Suburbs.......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:

True, they regrade for the 14th June but will still slot them into those 8.30am, 9.10am, 9.20am, 9.50am etc k.o. times. Look at the EZPSSA website for those proposed 14/6/14 k.o. times. No lies made, no reason to doubt the info given by them.

So, if there's no games arranged as yet. How is it "set"?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:

So, if there's no games arranged as yet. How is it "set"?
Splitting hairs again GMAE, are we?
Check their website once again. "Teams graded & Part 2 commences 14th June". They've left slots in their spreadsheet for 14/6, 21/6, & 28/6 to place those regraded teams into, and play they will.

Be at ease that EZPSSA will have school matches on that Sat 14th June morning when Australia is playing, as I imagine will other primary school areas & high schools and colleges.

Be at ease that there will be no World Cup fanzone at the SACA/Crowval.

As for me not having the best track record in the eastern 'burbs - sticks 'n' stones. I've played at League Federation level an Eastern club, coached eastern SAASL Clubs to promotion and championships including one of those Clubs knocking Federation side Modbury out of the Cup, coached an eastern primary school to a SAPSASA final, coached an eastern suburb High School to an undefeated season & worked for 4 years as a coaching coordinator at an eastern club during the explosion in junior team numbers. So if that's not a good track record for some, there's not a lot I can do about it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

No games have been set as yet – correct?

So they could easily have a blank fixture or start games later etc.. Correct?

So ipso facto it’s not SET and they lied to you. Probably just to get rid of you.

As for your track record, well you can’t get football on in Eastern Suburb pubs that others seem to find simple. Including one pub where the manager is a football fan who loves and plays the game. A pub where others have managed to get games on the tv easily and the other week even managed to get 2 different games on 2 different screens. So, not a great track record really

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:No games have been set as yet – correct?
Nope, schools know games will proceed regardless on Sat 14 June, only need to allocate times after re-grading the teams after the early rounds (see EZPSSA website).

Nope, you will see there will be no blank 14 June fixtures. And EZPSSA have stated they will not start later or move games to after midday as that extends the hours that pitch volunteers have to make themselves available. We agreed to disagree on that postponement/shift games flexibility open to them.

So ipso facto it’s not SET and they lied to you. Probably just to get rid of you.
Nope, you would not call them liars to their faces. One of the two I spoke to is a good volunteer I have known since the 1970s and is an OAM (Order of Australia) recipient for services to Community & Sport and he was not fobbing me off.

As for your track record, well you can’t get football on in Eastern Suburb pubs that others seem to find simple. Including one pub where the manager is a football fan who loves and plays the game. A pub where others have managed to get games on the tv easily and the other week even managed to get 2 different games on 2 different screens. So, not a great track record really
Oh it's that track record you are referring to and claiming "others" are referring to. Well, which pub are you talking about? It can't be the Marryatville 'cause they don't have payTV. We were in the Bath having a late supper the other night with my sister-in-law & her hubby over from Melbourne and all the screens had AFL footy replays. Tell me which pub and which manager so I don't have to speak to his/her underlings in future.

Anyhow, back to the topic of this thread. Be happy that you have your wish that there will not be a World Cup fanzone that 14 June morning at the SACA/Crowval, nor will you need to worry about schoolkids' games being postponed or shifted. I just find it a pity that in this extremely rare coincidence that Australia's National Team's World Cup game clashes with the time of the kids' games, then those schoolchildren's fixtures on that one date could not have been postponed/shifted so they could watch the World Cup game live on TV.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:No games have been set as yet – correct?
Nope, schools know games will proceed regardless on Sat 14 June, only need to allocate times after re-grading the teams after the early rounds (see EZPSSA website).

If the games are set, could you please tell me who my side are playing, what venue and the time. Thanks.
Nope, you will see there will be no blank 14 June fixtures. And EZPSSA have stated they will not start later or move games to after midday as that extends the hours that pitch volunteers have to make themselves available. We agreed to disagree on that postponement/shift games flexibility open to them.

So, no fixtures are sent out so what would be the difficulty of adding a blank round in? So ipso facto it’s not SET and they lied to you. Probably just to get rid of you.
Nope, you would not call them liars to their faces. One of the two I spoke to is a good volunteer I have known since the 1970s and is an OAM (Order of Australia) recipient for services to Community & Sport and he was not fobbing me off.

I would gladly call them liars to their face if they lied to me. Most of their volunteers appear to be people without a single grasp on the game and how it should be played. Even had one of their volunteers walk onto a pitch to over rule an independent ref last year.

Oh it's that track record you are referring to and claiming "others" are referring to. Well, which pub are you talking about? It can't be the Marryatville 'cause they don't have payTV. We were in the Bath having a late supper the other night with my sister-in-law & her hubby over from Melbourne and all the screens had AFL footy replays. Tell me which pub and which manager so I don't have to speak to his/her underlings in future.

Anyhow, back to the topic of this thread. Be happy that you have your wish that there will not be a World Cup fanzone that 14 June morning at the SACA/Crowval, nor will you need to worry about schoolkids' games being postponed or shifted. I just find it a pity that in this extremely rare coincidence that Australia's National Team's World Cup game clashes with the time of the kids' games, then those schoolchildren's fixtures on that one date could not have been postponed/shifted so they could watch the World Cup game live on TV.

Do you really think I am going to tell you the managers name so you can talk your cabernet to him. Go to the pub and ask nicely and they will put the football on. Myself and black_panter have been in one of the venues that you have said is so hard to get football shown in.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

so the city will not have a fanzone, or do anything for the world cup...worlds largest sporting event.

no wonder all our kids are tubby