AFL Season 2014 thread

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: AFL Season 2014 thread

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MegaBonus wrote:so from everything that's been said....its not the type nor the ferocity of the contact but the injury caused that lead to the suspension...the bump was either legal or illegal regardless of the injury caused....

I love football but also grew up on aussie rules and its decisions like these that will turn me away...
The AFL has made it pretty clear that when you go into bump, any head injury, incidental or not is going to be punished. Rightly or wrongly, players know this. The game is going soft, but it isn't anything new.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

but that's my point....forget what the AFL wants....what do the laws of the game say??? have laws changed???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

[quote="MegaBonus"]but that's my point....forget what the AFL wants....what do the laws of the game say??? have laws changed???[/quote

I don't really have an interest in going through the rule book, but the tribunal is obviously under a directive to punish any head contact sustained in a bump. Has been like that for a while, I am sure they have it written down somewhere :?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Did Buddy Franklin learn to drive in Adelaide? Or just yet another who cant drive a 4WD but feels the need to own one?
Ignore this signature

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Collingwood are still at home, haven't rocked up to the game today

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

Came back from a 4-34 deficit. Bomber, what happened?
I love bank holidays

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Penalty Rates wrote:Came back from a 4-34 deficit. Bomber, what happened?
The umpires suddenly started to allow elbows to the head on a couple or our players (without penalty) so to make it easier for the Pies to maintain momentum and kick goals. That said, Dane Swan was the difference in the end.
And if Bomber Thompson doesn't drop Carlisle this week or at least play him in defence where he can actually play, then Hird's return cant come quick enough!
Ignore this signature

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Been a great round of footy so far

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

The Power are thinking of recruiting Suarez for 2015.....

Kane Cornes, following in the footsteps of Wanganeen..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

ok...serious question.....are you powder puff fans worried that you've peaked too early, having had a full squad to pick from (except monfries and a couple of hack ruckmen)????

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

MegaBonus wrote:ok...serious question.....are you powder puff fans worried that you've peaked too early, having had a full squad to pick from (except monfries and a couple of hack ruckmen)????
why would we be worried? One week at a time. Crows fans will say anything to make it a negative in what was a bloody great win. Did Geelong peak to early last week? Come on....let the season play out and we'll see what happens.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

don't be a knob, you played excellent footy and are top.....are you suggesting you can maintain this form if not improve???

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

MegaBonus wrote:don't be a knob, you played excellent footy and are top.....are you suggesting you can maintain this form if not improve???
I just get annoyed when Crows fans want to put a negative spin on what was a great win. We can, but it won't be easy at all, this competition this season has been fierce and close and there has been many upsets. One week at a time, now we focus on GWS and solely GWS.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Don't worry red4life. Mega is just your standard grenache crows supporter. We beat geelong rather comfortably and proved ourselves against one of the best. You can't take this win away from us. I think we can definitely finish in the top 4 as long as we don't get complacent. We have a strong squad with depth.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:Don't worry red4life. Mega is just your standard grenache crows supporter. We beat geelong rather comfortably and proved ourselves against one of the best. You can't take this win away from us. I think we can definitely finish in the top 4 as long as we don't get complacent. We have a strong squad with depth.
I think top 4 is realistic if we just focus on each game as it comes and not get too carried away with what might happen. Next 4 weeks is GWS, Freo, bye, Hawthorn. You would think we will get over GWS, Freo looking ordinary so far but you never know with them. But should we win those 2, I think the Hawks game on a Sat night will be an absolute belter, possibly 1v2 again in front of 50k under lights. Can we dream? Well, we'll see....it's just great to be a contender again after all those years of suffering.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

totsreds08 wrote:Don't worry red4life. Mega is just your standard grenache crows supporter. We beat geelong rather comfortably and proved ourselves against one of the best. You can't take this win away from us. I think we can definitely finish in the top 4 as long as we don't get complacent. We have a strong squad with depth.
Don't tar all us Crows supporters with the same brush.

Port were brilliant yesterday, and deserve to be where they are on the ladder. Long season, and you never know what can happen.

Well in.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

totsreds08

Don't worry red4life. Mega is just your standard grenache crows supporter

:shock: :shock: :shock:

what makes me a standard grenache crows supporter??? Ive acknowledged it was a good win, that youre top and you have just about a full list to choose from...

youre not a Liverpoo supporter are you?????

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

PDog wrote:
Don't tar all us Crows supporters with the same brush.

Port were brilliant yesterday, and deserve to be where they are on the ladder. Long season, and you never know what can happen.

Well in.
No, definitely not all of you. Both teams have the ones who slag the other team regardless. You can only beat whoever is put in front of you on the day. Port and Crows look like they could both play finals this year. Port will need another big scalps for a top 4 finish and the crows will need to beat a few of those teams in the logjam for a top 8 finish. That happens and both teams get 40k every week, they'll be talking about SA footy across the border

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

yeah not sold on crows making finals just yet. we have been alright against mediocre opposition, but failed against the tougher opponents. ya never know i guess...

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

:lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:lol:
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

:evil:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

News just in. The Crows 19th man was confirmed to have avoided post-match traffic and was home in a reasonable amount of time.
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bomber wrote:News just in. The Crows 19th man was confirmed to have avoided post-match traffic and was home in a reasonable amount of time.
Show me a team where fans have never left early.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

ya can't. doesn't mean it is any less embarrassing, and will always be played up in the fishbowl that is SA footy.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

PDog wrote:ya can't. doesn't mean it is any less embarrassing, and will always be played up in the fishbowl that is SA footy.
No it doesn't. But there's plenty of Port fans that I know getting on their soapbox and saying Port fans are loyal and would never leave early.

But 2 years ago, they wouldn't have even shown up!

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Bacon888 wrote:
PDog wrote:ya can't. doesn't mean it is any less embarrassing, and will always be played up in the fishbowl that is SA footy.
No it doesn't. But there's plenty of Port fans that I know getting on their soapbox and saying Port fans are loyal and would never leave early.

But 2 years ago, they wouldn't have even shown up!
I agree with you whole heartedly - have had the same discussion with some port fans that i know. some have a very short memory.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Plenty will leave if they are 80 points down half way through last quarter. But when the game is still in the balance.............? :shock:
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bomber wrote:Plenty will leave if they are 80 points down half way through last quarter. But when the game is still in the balance.............? :shock:
The majority I saw leaving was when Melbourne went 15 points up with about 3 mins to play. Usually that's enough of a gap (and it was proved to be).

Some I saw stand up to leave, then we got the goal to be 3 points down. Then they stayed.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bacon888 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Plenty will leave if they are 80 points down half way through last quarter. But when the game is still in the balance.............? :shock:
The majority I saw leaving was when Melbourne went 15 points up with about 3 mins to play. Usually that's enough of a gap (and it was proved to be).

Some I saw stand up to leave, then we got the goal to be 3 points down. Then they stayed.
So I guess you cant rely on this imaginary 19th man to get you over the line in tight ones, even though the odds might be against. I've sat through maulings and wouldn't dream of leaving early. Take the good with the bad and support through thick and thin.
One day, you'll be 15 points down with 3 minutes to go and actually go on to win. So how will all those who left early feel then?
Ignore this signature