Are penalties given in SSF games

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Are penalties given in SSF games

Post by Stich This »

In smallsided football, Most free kicks are indirect, but if it's a blatant free kick such as deliberate trip inside the box , does a pen get awarded?

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Are penalties given in SSF games

Post by ThundaChucka »

Hi,

These are the rules from 2013 Optus SSF book.

Laws of Optus Small Sided Football - Under 10 and 11 [cont]
Fouls and misconduct
Indirect free kicks are awarded for all acts of handball or fouls and misconduct. Opponents must be at least 5m away from the ball when the indirect free kick is taken. (An indirect free kick is where a goal can be scored only if the ball subsequently touches another player before it enters the goal).
For deliberate or serious acts of handball or fouls and misconduct in the penalty area, a penalty kick is awarded from an 8m penalty mark with only a goalkeeper in position. All other players must be outside the penalty area and be at least 5m behind the penalty mark.
Fouls and misconduct are:
 kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
 trips or attempts to trip an opponent
 jumps at an opponent
 charges an opponent
 strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
 pushes an opponent
 tackles an opponent from behind to gain possession of the ball  making contact with the opponent before touching the ball
 holds an opponent
 spits at an opponent
 handles the ball deliberately
 plays in a dangerous manner
 impedes the progress of a player.

These rules are also for U8/9'a also

Hope this help.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Great stuff, thanks.
Many coaches of SSF think that ALL frees are indirect, irrespective of the nature of the foul.

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

In all honesty I thought the same about the free kicks in the goal area, like most others i thought it was an indirect free, till now. As this is my second year in SSF, i originally came from E&D which have a few slight rule changes, E&D have no penalties for u6-u8 etc. I still think E&D have great modified rules. I just wish both E&D and FFSA would work with each other, I think both associations could learn from each others games and concepts. It can only benefit junior football in this state.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

ThundaChucka wrote:In all honesty I thought the same about the free kicks in the goal area, like most others i thought it was an indirect free, till now. As this is my second year in SSF, i originally came from E&D which have a few slight rule changes, E&D have no penalties for u6-u8 etc. I still think E&D have great modified rules. I just wish both E&D and FFSA would work with each other, I think both associations could learn from each others games and concepts. It can only benefit junior football in this state.
+1