Any Fixture - League format news??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any Fixture - League format news??

Post by reddevil »

Has anybody heard any news when the fixtures will be released or what the make up of the leagues are likely to be with so many teams either reducing their number of teams or adding a second team. The suspense is killing me.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Any Fixture - League format news??

Post by bapa »

reddevil wrote:Has anybody heard any news when the fixtures will be released or what the make up of the leagues are likely to be with so many teams either reducing their number of teams or adding a second team. The suspense is killing me.

have u tried contacting the SAASL

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

bubu wrote:
reddevil wrote:Has anybody heard any news when the fixtures will be released or what the make up of the leagues are likely to be with so many teams either reducing their number of teams or adding a second team. The suspense is killing me.

have u tried contacting the SAASL
Too busy trying to fight off the suspense I would suggest....
HA'WAY THE LADS

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

well I know there is a team that finished 5th and displayed on the saasl website has been promoted instead of the team that finished 3rd......and let's say the team that finished third wanted to be promoted....

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Surely some mistake. If that was to happen polonia and seaford would feel agrieved at dropping down to div 4 when the team that finishes 5th in div 4 gets promoted to div 3 :/
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Surely some mistake. If that was to happen polonia and seaford would feel agrieved at dropping down to div 4 when the team that finishes 5th in div 4 gets promoted to div 3 :/
how about the team that finishes third.....

teams that get relegated cant do much .....
see you guys Sunday

misterb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by misterb »

Have Seaford got sorted out now - are they entering any teams this year. Speaking to the lads when we played Noarlunga two weeks ago they were still very uncertain?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Surely some mistake. If that was to happen polonia and seaford would feel agrieved at dropping down to div 4 when the team that finishes 5th in div 4 gets promoted to div 3 :/
should have play offs :wink:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

I would like the correct tables on the saasl website

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

misterb wrote:Have Seaford got sorted out now - are they entering any teams this year. Speaking to the lads when we played Noarlunga two weeks ago they were still very uncertain?
I'm certain we will be fielding 2 sides this year.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
misterb wrote:Have Seaford got sorted out now - are they entering any teams this year. Speaking to the lads when we played Noarlunga two weeks ago they were still very uncertain?
Left and right :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
at least one in the bar :wink:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Provisional leagues are now up on the SAASL website.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

Can someone please explain how the shiraz McLaren Districts can go from one team in Div 5 straight to Div 3???

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

Who is BH United in Sun Div 3 & how did they get there?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

The real thing wrote:Who is BH United in Sun Div 3 & how did they get there?
If I was guessing I'd say Bosnia Herzegovina United
Are you Bodo in disguise?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Knight15 wrote:
The real thing wrote:Who is BH United in Sun Div 3 & how did they get there?
If I was guessing I'd say Bosnia Herzegovina United
it would seem so....

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Flinders into div 2 Sat.....What happened to Gleeson, tough break in my opinion...What happened there?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steve#6 wrote:Flinders into div 2 Sat.....What happened to Gleeson, tough break in my opinion...What happened there?

bearing in mind sunday div 2 only has 1 down and 2 up. It appears saasl can't even be consistent in the same season.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:Flinders into div 2 Sat.....What happened to Gleeson, tough break in my opinion...What happened there?

bearing in mind sunday div 2 only has 1 down and 2 up. It appears saasl can't even be consistent in the same season.
i think sunday div 2 had macos and bosna drop to div 3
and 3 went up from div 3 , Munno para, TTG and Para hills lions bcoz western strikers pulled out...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PASC wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

i think sunday div 2 had macos and bosna drop to div 3

and 3 went up from div 3 , Munno para, TTG and Para hills lions bcoz western strikers pulled out...
Beograd apparently came 8th and didn't get relegated. Bosna didn't play at the last minute and were relegated. Same should be the case with africa united.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

i dont get why 8th would get religated... thats a question for the league..
i belive bosna were suspended just before season proper for a fight...so there was only ever other side going to drop from sun div 2... then after the season finished western strikers folded so they promoted 3 from div 3 and so on.... it leaves sunday div 4 with 11 teams now

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The issue with Bosna was...they wanted to play but were suspended by the SAASL due to an incident during the Pre-season cup....in theory they were in Division 2 but not allowed to play. At one point after 6 games they were in theory above Southern Knights on goal difference :shock:
Other Clubs in Division 2 sought answers early on as to whether Bosna were to be included as one of the relegated sides...we were told that Bosna were technically the bottom team in the division and one other side would accompany them....
With Western Strikers pulling out it meant that a 3rd team was promoted from Division 3.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

It seems St. Peter's 2 has dropped out of div3 which means 3 have come up from div4. Flinders 2 has been promoted to div3 so Flinders 1 have now been put up into div2 because I don't think you can have the same clubs competing in the same div which has obviously been at Gleesons expense.

What could of happened is Flinders 2 stay down in div4 & one tree hill be promoted to div3 instead then flinders 1 would stay in div3 & Gleeson in div2

Either way someone's not happy & it doesn't make it easy for the SAASL when clubs drop out.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

That would be flinders problem as it's their decision to have the teaams in different divisions. Gleeson have been very poorly treated in this one.

Flinders shouldn't have been promoted to div 2. Then if Flinders 2 cannot be promoted then it's the next eligible team.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

God is an Englishman wrote:That would be flinders problem as it's their decision to have the teaams in different divisions. Gleeson have been very poorly treated in this one.

Flinders shouldn't have been promoted to div 2. Then if Flinders 2 cannot be promoted then it's the next eligible team.
Agree. There's a first.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

This will always be a possible issue while Clubs have multiple teams and it is quite prevalent in the Saturday divisions with the likes of Adelaide Uni, Flinders Uni, Old Ignatians...the SAASL needs to come up with a firm policy on this...I believe that if a Club has a team available for promotion, and they already have a representative team in that division they should forfeit the right for promotion and the 3rd team be promoted ( provided the 3rd team doesn't already have a side in that division)... Just my opinion !
Those Clubs can still win Championship and Runners-up awards but miss out on promotion !
Just checked competition rules on website 2 down 2 up rule here ...thirds teams not to be promoted...there in black and white !
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:This will always be a possible issue while Clubs have multiple teams and it is quite prevalent in the Saturday divisions with the likes of Adelaide Uni, Flinders Uni, Old Ignatians...the SAASL needs to come up with a firm policy on this...I believe that if a Club has a team available for promotion, and they already have a representative team in that division they should forfeit the right for promotion and the 3rd team be promoted ( provided the 3rd team doesn't already have a side in that division)... Just my opinion !
Those Clubs can still win Chamionship and Runners-up awards but miss out on promotion !
There is a policy.
2. ELIGIBILITY
(a) All member clubs of the League are eligible to enter one or more of the competitions.
(b) Clubs competing in those divisions which are defined as requiring the fielding of a reserves team shall field a reserves team in that competition.
(c) Except as provided at 2(b) above, no club shall have more than one team in the same division of a league.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lefty wrote:
swannsong wrote:This will always be a possible issue while Clubs have multiple teams and it is quite prevalent in the Saturday divisions with the likes of Adelaide Uni, Flinders Uni, Old Ignatians...the SAASL needs to come up with a firm policy on this...I believe that if a Club has a team available for promotion, and they already have a representative team in that division they should forfeit the right for promotion and the 3rd team be promoted ( provided the 3rd team doesn't already have a side in that division)... Just my opinion !
Those Clubs can still win Championship and Runners-up awards but miss out on promotion !
There is a policy.
2. ELIGIBILITY
(a) All member clubs of the League are eligible to enter one or more of the competitions.
(b) Clubs competing in those divisions which are defined as requiring the fielding of a reserves team shall field a reserves team in that competition.
(c) Except as provided at 2(b) above, no club shall have more than one team in the same division of a league.
Jumped in whilst I was editing on an iPad lefty :D
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.