Time for Richie and cohorts to go?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Time for Richie and cohorts to go?

Post by hurlcrook »

Thoughts

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Time for Richie and cohorts to go?

Post by hurlcrook »

hurlcrook wrote:Thoughts
Do players make the coach or the other way Round?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

You're a waste of bandwith.
Time for some righteous indignation

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Stitch This wrote:You're a waste of bandwith.
------
------
------
Very good

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

hurlcrook wrote:Thoughts
what you mean? get another coach?

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

Don't think so... Quality kids coming thru system shows selections are on the money for the most part.

SAP at 10 & 11 years.. Expanded programme with more numbers and quality north/east & south west.

Skilleroo programme over doubled on capacity from trial stage thru competion compared to three years ago .. Competition and training programme goes twice as long too...Now even with shadow squads means those just missing out on selection r continually appraised.. Each age group assessed on merits.. U do well, work hard n improve.. U make the squad (look at number of new players in u14 skilleroos this year)
NTC performed real well this year at nationals
Good representation in national Allstars teams.

Coach education vastly improved.. Last two years c license course held locally with multiple graduates (not sure exact numbers)

Passionate coaching team busting a gut to improve our youth here hurlcrook... Real easy to throw stones.

Ssg and curriculum now in 4th year... Have to give it 10 years for first lot of kids to come thru the system.. Started at age 7 .. Lets see at 17ish what players have come out of it (even so the system curriculum constantly under review.. Note introduction of Asian c license youth specific next year)

Some thoughts off top of my head...

Happy new year to you.

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

hudsona wrote:Don't think so... Quality kids coming thru system shows selections are on the money for the most part.

SAP at 10 & 11 years.. Expanded programme with more numbers and quality north/east & south west.

Skilleroo programme over doubled on capacity from trial stage thru competion compared to three years ago .. Competition and training programme goes twice as long too...Now even with shadow squads means those just missing out on selection r continually appraised.. Each age group assessed on merits.. U do well, work hard n improve.. U make the squad (look at number of new players in u14 skilleroos this year)

Coach education vastly improved.. Last two years c license course held locally with multiple graduates (not sure exact numbers)

Passionate coaching team busting a gut to improve our youth here hurlcrook... Real easy to throw stones.

Ssg and curriculum now in 4th year... Have to give it 10 years for first lot of kids to come thru the system.. Started at age 7 .. Lets see at 17ish what players have come out of it (even so the system curriculum constantly under review.. Note introduction of Asian c license youth specific next year)

Happy new year to you.

+1
leave Richie alone,doing just fine
Hurlcrook you are Tool of the year already, less than half a day in !

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Armageddon wrote:
hudsona wrote:Don't think so... Quality kids coming thru system shows selections are on the money for the most part.

Happy new year to you.
HappY new year

+1
leave Richie alone,doing just fine
Hurlcrook you are Tool of the year already, less than half a day in !

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Not bad hey

Ted Mulry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ted Mulry »

I'll play with you hurlcrook...everyone is entitled to their opinion so a couple of questions for you to express yourself

1) Why do you think it's time for a change? Please be specific...your answers will be marked out of 10!!!. :)
2) Who would you recommend as a better replacement and why? Again please be specific and feel free to put your coaching resume forward.
3) You had a go previously about 80% of the SAP selections being BS....80% seriously!?!?...Are you upset that your kid didn't get selected? Just asking!
4) If you did have a kid selected and someone said there is an 80% chance he was BS how would you feel and more importantly how would your kid feel?
5) What job could Richie do if he can't coach? (Be nice!!) :wink:

BTW don't know if you have a kid that trialled and nothing against him obviously if that is the case. Just interested to know what your reasoning is behind suggesting anyone (not just Richie & his cohorts) should lose their job (hopefully it's not just sour grapes and/or a drunken new years resolution) and more importantly...what is your solution?

Go orrrrnnnnn Hurlcrook..... be a Devil and get it off your chest! :wink:

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Ted Mulry wrote:I'll play with you hurlcrook...everyone is entitled to their opinion so a couple of questions for you to express yourself

1) Why do you think it's time for a change? Please be specific...your answers will be marked out of 10!!!. :)
2) Who would you recommend as a better replacement and why? Again please be specific and feel free to put your coaching resume forward.
3) You had a go previously about 80% of the SAP selections being BS....80% seriously!?!?...Are you upset that your kid didn't get selected? Just asking!
4) If you did have a kid selected and someone said there is an 80% chance he was BS how would you feel and more importantly how would your kid feel?
5) What job could Richie do if he can't coach? (Be nice!!) :wink:

BTW don't know if you have a kid that trialled and nothing against him obviously if that is the case. Just interested to know what your reasoning is behind suggesting anyone (not just Richie & his cohorts) should lose their job (hopefully it's not just sour grapes and/or a drunken new years resolution) and more importantly...what is your solution?

Go orrrrnnnnn Hurlcrook..... be a Devil and get it off your chest! :wink:
Jump in my car

Ted Mulry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ted Mulry »

Are you suggesting Richie could be a Taxi driver?

How about the other 4 questions?

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Ted Mulry wrote:Are you suggesting Richie could be a Taxi driver?

Dinah,dinah show us your legs

Ted Mulry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ted Mulry »

Wot you talkin' 'bout Willis? :?

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

For me I'd need to see what Skilleroos have achieved. I hear a lot about it but wouldn't have a clue what they've done. Ultimately, time will tell as to whether the program has worked. I'm expecting elite players with above average core shills should go on and play not just in SA but interstate and overseas. Those that manage the funding would also expect results. If there is no evidence of this then it will fold.

leeds city
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by leeds city »

Why is the question asked ????

I know the game in this State is held back by people who: " dont know how much THEY DONT KNOW" So obviously these said people think they know how to run the DEVELOPMENT of players better, than those who are being EDUCATED by the people at the TOP, ( and by the general world football concensus )

So why not get rid of Richie and his Co horts and let the blokes who " I had a trial at SPURS and Juventus take over.

Then we can concentrate on Cricket and AFL

PS
I can compare through experience the development here and in Europe and the PEOPLE here are ON TRACK

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oohnanahiya »

maybe they can make a reunion show.....Richie, the Fonz, Potsie, Ralph Malph etc..... :P

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

hurlcrook wrote:

A yard above your knee

Ted Mulry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ted Mulry »

hurlcrook wrote:
hurlcrook wrote:

A yard above your knee
I was wondering what happened to you hurlcrook....thought you might have been researching and preparing an essay (providing stats, graphs and video analysis) to support your argument. I guess I can give up wondering now and move on to something more interesting like rearranging my sock drawer. :wink:

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Woteva

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

hurlcrook wrote:Woteva