"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:01 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 3:00 pm
Posts: 2753
V8's hit the track for the first time today.........qualifying and top 10 shootout have returned to friday this year as well :D

heard as well this morning that they're considering changing the race to take place at night :? why???

hopefully it's a subtle hint to bernie ecclestone at formula 1 to say that Adelaide will put it's hand up to host an F1 race at night UNLIKE melbourne 8) ..........although I doubt it :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:48 pm
Posts: 4610
Location: Maranello
I wish as well :(. Have a read of this article:

http://pitpass.com/45653-Adelaide

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54536
Location: Between the lake and the beach
The planes provided some entertainment whilst walking through town in the morning

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 3:00 pm
Posts: 2753
great finish to race 1 with whincup storming home to beat davison who just didn't have enough left in the tank to defend :D

a few of the teams mechanics won't be happy with their drivers after all the carnage that happened at turn 8 :roll: :evil:

Race 1 Results:

1 Jamie Whincup
2 Will Davison
3 Garth Tander
4 Craig Lowndes
5 Lee Holdsworth
6 Fabian Coulthard
7 Rick Kelly
8 Todd Kelly
9 Mark Winterbottom
10 Steven Johnson
11 Shane Van Gisbergen
12 Tim Slade
13 Russell Ingall
14 Michael Patrizi
15 James Moffat
16 Dean Fiore
17 Alexandre Premat
18 David Wall
19 Steve Owen
20 Karl Reindler
21 Tony D'Alberto
22 Michael Caruso
23 Jonathon Webb
24 Greg Murphy
DNF David Reynolds
DNF James Courtney
DNF Taz Douglas
DNF Jason Bright


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29830
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Clipsal always brightens my evenings !

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
:? they're all off!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29830
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Sure Conihr wrote:
:? they're all off!

The other side of the coin is that Clipsal can be a real turn off :?

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
game of dominos?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Shibuya
Sure Conihr wrote:
:? they're all off!


Hawkesy will fix that for earth hour.

_________________
When I have people around for dinner I make sure I set aside a couple of options for vegetarians.
They can make do or they can shiraz off !!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29830
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Still don't understand how driving a car is considered a sport.....a contest maybe...but not a sport.
HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy or Holden Racing Team....so basically the same thing...one for Oestrogen and one for Testosterone.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am
Posts: 1436
should it be moved to Adelaide International Raceway ?

Wont have all the frustrating hassles with traffic restrictions,
plenty of room,
wont interfere with other events
what they erect they can leave up
can have the concert stage set up there as well, could be like a mini woodstock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 9865
Location: Gated Community in Mattersville with a Keg of Beer and a Block of Cheese
My first Clipsal and I can now understand the Hype around this event.

I'm not a big V8 Fan but I challenge anyone to dislike the event when your lucky enough
to watch it on the veranda above the pits.

On moving it to Virginia, massive bad move...Brisbane has theirs out at Qld Raceway (further out in the stick's) and it is a crap event on a boring track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 134
swannsong wrote:
Still don't understand how driving a car is considered a sport.....a contest maybe...but not a sport.
HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy or Holden Racing Team....so basically the same thing...one for Oestrogen and one for Testosterone.


its quite physically demanding
you cant be a good race driver if you're an unfit fatty or someone with bank teller forearms

have you ever driven a go-kart for example? i've played a number of sports, but apart from distance running driving a go-kart for a couple of hours in an enduro is as exhaustive as it gets (no pun intended)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29830
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
oralroberts wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Still don't understand how driving a car is considered a sport.....a contest maybe...but not a sport.
HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy or Holden Racing Team....so basically the same thing...one for Oestrogen and one for Testosterone.


its quite physically demanding
you cant be a good race driver if you're an unfit fatty or someone with bank teller forearms

have you ever driven a go-kart for example? i've played a number of sports, but apart from distance running driving a go-kart for a couple of hours in an enduro is as exhaustive as it gets (no pun intended)

Have you ever done any gardening, its quite physically demanding...
You cant be a good gardener if you're an unfit fatty or someone with bank teller forearms....
Is gardening a sport !

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54536
Location: Between the lake and the beach
I guess the Boganfest will be complete with Cold Chisel playing there later on.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 am
Posts: 288
Location: Stenhouse Bay
I'm veging out at Flinders University safe in the knowledge that this is as close to Adelaide that my shift will take me today.

_________________
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:33 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
Bomber wrote:
I guess the Boganfest will be complete with Cold Chisel playing there later on.

My favourite band playing Clipsal this year. And no it's not chisel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clipsal 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:39 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 1029
swannsong wrote:
oralroberts wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Still don't understand how driving a car is considered a sport.....a contest maybe...but not a sport.
HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy or Holden Racing Team....so basically the same thing...one for Oestrogen and one for Testosterone.


its quite physically demanding
you cant be a good race driver if you're an unfit fatty or someone with bank teller forearms

have you ever driven a go-kart for example? i've played a number of sports, but apart from distance running driving a go-kart for a couple of hours in an enduro is as exhaustive as it gets (no pun intended)

Have you ever done any gardening, its quite physically demanding...
You cant be a good gardener if you're an unfit fatty or someone with bank teller forearms....
Is gardening a sport !


It is painfully obvious you don't know a thing about motorsport and what it takes to compete in the sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group