C License

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

C License

Post by Rookie »

Who out there has recently done this?
Is it a good course to do?

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: C License

Post by Socca »

Football is always evolving, therefore coaching needs to also evolve even more here in Australia

Problem in Australia is too many armchair experts who played 20 years ago (at who knows what level), , watch EPL and Aleague and think they know how to coach

If you want to learn, if you want to keep up with current coaching philosophies that are occurring all over the world, then yes it is a good course

If you think the information in this link is not relevant, then don't do it

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/dct ... awk14f.pdf

If you want to coach and keep improving, you must continue to learn ..... coaches are no different to players

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

I understand that socca, I already have done 2 courses and was after some info from fellow forum members who may have done the course, geeeeees :roll:

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Then why would you think it wasn't a good course to do ?

Toffeefox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Toffeefox »

The C licence is a significant step up from the junior courses but if you are serious about wanting to understand how to coach junior soccer players to be technically competent and develop players with the right habits then it's a must.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Socca wrote:Then why would you think it wasn't a good course to do ?

Where do i say it isnt a good course? i've done plenty of courses in my time some are shite and some are good, i was merely asking a question

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

toffeefox wrote:The C licence is a significant step up from the junior courses but if you are serious about wanting to understand how to coach junior soccer players to be technically competent and develop players with the right habits then it's a must.

is there lots of work to be done outside like assignements etc or is it more hands on during the course?

i am keen to do it but current work committements and study for work means a pretty hectic life until the end of this year?

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

Rookie wrote:
toffeefox wrote:The C licence is a significant step up from the junior courses but if you are serious about wanting to understand how to coach junior soccer players to be technically competent and develop players with the right habits then it's a must.

is there lots of work to be done outside like assignements etc or is it more hands on during the course?

i am keen to do it but current work committements and study for work means a pretty hectic life until the end of this year?

Combination of both on site assessment and out of class work is required.

C'mon you can do it......you'll not only learn what Toffee stated above but also learn how a team should perform in transitions through the game. Your sessions will be planned with a purpose rather than a mixed "salad", you will also make valuable like minded contacts in the football community.

C'mon....you'll sleep when your dead.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Below is from the FFSA website, do you need to attend all the sessions below to get your C license or can you just do your Youth?

2014 C Licence Generic Part 1: 11th-18th & 25th October Youth Part 2: 1st, 2nd & 15th, 16th November Senior Part 2: 8th, 9th & 22nd, 23rd November Details and application forms on www.ffsa.com.au

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Everyone does generic together, and then you break up and continue with either the youth 'or' senior

Some have done both the senior 'and' youth, but found it a lot of work

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

this will help you get an idea of whats required

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/dct ... awk14f.pdf

this book is the resource for C and B and should provide you with an idea of work load , it has youth part and senior part. Enjoy.
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Is this course worth doing considering I have very little coaching experience (from years ago) and no guarantee of a coaching position next season?

I'll also use this post to advertise myself if any western suburbs clubs with junior team coaching vacancies for next season. I'd be available for training most nights as I won't be playing next season due to injury.

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

Start with a junior - youth then senior ( community license first )
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

chuck norris
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chuck norris »

Rookie wrote:

Where do i say it isnt a good course? i've done plenty of courses in my time some are shite and some are good, i was merely asking a question
I've seen a coach with his C license line players up in single file outside the 18 yard box, play a 1-2 with the coach, shoot and go to the back of the line (1 player at a time). Assuming it's a good course, why are these kind of coaches getting through???

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

chuck norris wrote:
Rookie wrote:

I've seen a coach with his C license line players up in single file outside the 18 yard box, play a 1-2 with the coach, shoot and go to the back of the line (1 player at a time). Assuming it's a good course, why are these kind of coaches getting through???
Just because you pay and have gone it, doesn't mean you pass

Trust me, a lot have gone on it and not passed

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

Kim
The C license is definately worth while - I did both youth and senior last year.
If you are seriously interested in coaching pm me and we can discuss some options.

charlieadelaide
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by charlieadelaide »

Hi Kym

Pirates are looking for additional suitable coaches for the Juniors, they will pay for you to do your coaching coarse, go to www.palsc.com.au and fill out the contact form, Peter Murray will contact you.........premier league club with a coaching co-ordinator to help with any issues you may have

Jamie Vardy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jamie Vardy »

Im Currently on the C Liscence at the AIS.. i highly recommend it… its a lot of work but very rewarding… hopefully Airton Gets some people from interstate down to Do it with him. a lot of good people around.

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

cfc pirates wrote:Im Currently on the C Liscence at the AIS.. i highly recommend it… its a lot of work but very rewarding… hopefully Airton Gets some people from interstate down to Do it with him. a lot of good people around.
Let's hope English lessons are involved also