FFSA State Coaching Conference

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

Azz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

FFSA State Coaching Conference

Post by Azz »

Just seen on FFSA web page the state coaching conference is back for November for those interested. Unable to attend last year but was told it was very good

http://www.ffsa.com.au/index.php?id=34& ... 466f760f4e

CoachAlessandro
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: FFSA State Coaching Conference

Post by CoachAlessandro »

Where is the conference ?

the meeting opened also europe coach ?

thank you

CoachAlessandro
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CoachAlessandro »

:lol:

the conference was 2006....

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

It is s a great concept and will grow with time and as more coaches start to look at new ways to improve their skills, informative and good chance to discuss coaching with your peers. Kossie and John were chalk and cheese to their approach and gave different perspectives, well worth it for nay level coach. i guess for the people who have to do it maybe a hassle for the points but always something to learn.

I think the venue, time and costs is clear ?

2013 FFSA State Coaching Conference

The FFA in cooperation with Football Federation SA is once again pleased to announce the upcoming annual State Coaching Conference to be held on 2nd and 3rd November 2013.

This year’s event will cater for both community and advanced coaches with the central theme bringing to life the Skill Acquisition and Game Training building blocks, allowing coaches of all levels to plan and deliver a quality training environment using the exciting new and revised version of the National Curriculum. The two-day format is tailored so that both community and advanced content is covered in detail.

Day one will start with a Keynote address before delegates will attend either their Community or Advanced theoretical and practical workshops.

Day two will totally focus on the Advanced coach, once again providing workshops in a theoretical and practical setting.
Community coaches are welcome to attend both days and pay the additional fee or simply attend day one.

Advanced Coaches will be required to attend BOTH days to earn points
towards reaccreditation as there are no advanced reaccreditation points accrued for attending only one day.

The South Australian Coaching Conference is suitable for both Community and Advanced coaches of all levels of experience and accreditation.

The agenda will incorporate both theory and practical sessions with a focus on the FFA National Curriculum. Attendance at the conference will also count for ‘50 Points’ towards coaching re-accreditation for coaches holding advanced coaching licences.

Conference Location

Burton Football Facility
400 Waterloo Corner Road, Burton

The Burton Park Community Football Facility has been fully operational since May 2011 and boasts a three pitch playing facility complemented by five change rooms and a Function Centre seating 200 people.
The Function Centre is capable of hosting weddings, community events, corporate functions and birthdays.
The venue is maintained to a high standard and hosts local significant events.

Registration

Can be done online by following the link – FFSA Coaching Conference Registration

Registration Costs

Community Coaches - Day 1: $130.00
Advanced Coaches Day 1 and 2: $220.00

*Please note Community Coaches can attend both days

Course Schedule

November 2nd & 3rd
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

From the FFSA Website

Football Federation SA is pleased to announce that Football Federation Australia National Technical Director Han Berger will be attending the State Coaching Conference, to be held on Saturday 2 and Sunday

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

Great first day. Berger did two presentations plus locals Gus and Airton.

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

Good Theory sessions on the new syllabus on the 1st day and practical demonstrations by Han himself on the second day.
Really enjoyed the two days :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ »

Good:
Theory was brilliant, but largely already covered in other course material.
Coaching and model sessions were good.
Han, Airton, Richie were all very good.

Bad:
The venue was rubbish. The room heated up quickly and when the airconditioning was on you couldn't hear the presenters if you were in the back row.

The practical presentations were almost unhearable. We were positioned right next to a main road and the presenting coaches had no microphones or PA system. When they chose to use the grandstand PA system it was nearly undeciferable.

The NTC boys. They lacked the core skills, and problem solving ability to carry out the session that Han was coaching with any real fluidity. Han's body language suggested he was clearly dissapointed, even if his vocal reassurances said otherwise.

Cost. In all honesty; it wasn't worth $50 for 2 days let alone $220. Especially of you're like me and don't have a licence for 50 points to go towards.

Lack of feedback forms. I have a feeling this one was intentional.

I'll be going to Melbourne next year like I did last year. $90 for a much, much superior venue and (in all honesty) superior learning experience - with exactly the same course work, a free ball bag and satchel.

Red4life
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Red4life »

Very dissapointed with NTC squad especially the goalkeepers, it was very obvious that Han was clearly frustrated with their lack of understanding and their foot skills, not sure who they were but if this is the best on offer I don't see any bright future for goalkeepers here in SA. Han clearly making excuses for them I know your tired etc!!! I come from the old school and have seen it first hand overseas you don't pick up drills quickly your quickly told to pack your bags.

Other than that conference was OK , as previously said have heard alot of the theory previously , but if you pick up one new thing to take back to your clubs and teams it's worhwhile overall you should never stop learning

Toon Army
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toon Army »

What I saw was goalkeepers could not comprehend some of the tasks put in front of them! You are right in what you are saying if these are the best of the best, obviously when choosing keepers they look for now and not years down the track. How tall are these kids going to be? How mentally tough are they? Do they hold there head up after getting the ball from the back of the net? Hopefully someone steps up who knows what they are doing next year.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

So the thing to take from your comments is that the Coaches coach, can't communicate and coach the players that his national curriculum is targeted at?

No wonder why our national junior teams are f*cked
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

Or is it that the players lack the maturity and understanding to carry out the coaches instructions?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Whos fault is that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Black_Panther wrote:So the thing to take from your comments is that the Coaches coach, can't communicate and coach the players that his national curriculum is targeted at?

No wonder why our national junior teams are f*cked
Where did any of us critise Berger or our national curriculum? If you've taken that point from our feedback then you should have no problem finding a quote.

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

anyone received the manual we were promised from the ffsa?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BillShankly wrote:anyone received the manual we were promised from the ffsa?
Nope, last I heard was that we'd "be contacted when they're printed". Haven't heard anything more, that was mid December.

Redback
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redback »

Did the advanced coaches get their certificates? I had to leave early but havent been sent mine yet.

Bobbye
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bobbye »

This year’s event will cater for both community and advanced coaches with the central theme bringing to life the Skill Acquisition and Game Training building blocks, allowing coaches of all levels to plan and deliver a quality training environment using the exciting new and revised version of the National Curriculum. The two-day format is tailored so that both community and advanced content is covered in detail.
Use free pokies
 now