Coaching Courses

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Coaching Courses

Post by grumbly »

My son wants to learn how to be a coach, starting with juniors (he is one himself) then working uo to being a goalkeeper coach.

I just checked on the FFSA site, which directs you to the FFA site where it informs you no courses are scheduled for SA.
Any ideas/ suggestions on where to look next? He's pretty keen, so don't want him to miss out and give up.

Cheers
Grumbly

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Coaching Courses

Post by Željko Jurin »

grumbly wrote:My son wants to learn how to be a coach, starting with juniors (he is one himself) then working uo to being a goalkeeper coach.

I just checked on the FFSA site, which directs you to the FFA site where it informs you no courses are scheduled for SA.
Any ideas/ suggestions on where to look next? He's pretty keen, so don't want him to miss out and give up.

Cheers
Grumbly
Email the FFSA to ask when the next junior licence course is, (I assume in the off season), and ask if there is an age restriction (depending on the age of your son)

Then next year Youth Licence, etc, etc
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

Tried that Zeljko

Unfortunately FFSA seem reluctant to respond. Even when following links you end up on FFA page, where there are no courses scheduled for SA. None for anything...no wonder we get left behind.

Surely someone on here has some information they could share, or a contact that could help out...

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Talk to your club. The FFSA schedule courses when they have enough numbers, and they can run it at your club.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

www.recsport.sa.gov.au wrote:State Coaching and Officiating Centre – September and October

Courses being offered in October through the State Coaching and Officiating Centre:

Child Safe Officers Course – September 6

This course has been developed to assist recreation and sporting organisations meet the expectations and legislative requirements since changes to the Child Protection Act were passed. Persons attending will gain knowledge and confidence to take on a Child Safe Officer's role, and know what action to take when there are concerns about young members.

The course explains the responsibilities associated with Mandated Reporting, and what actions organisations/clubs need to do in order to comply with government regulations surrounding child safe environment principles of good practice.

Intermediate Coaching General Principles – October 13, 20, 23

Cost: $200

Times: 13th 8:30am – 5pm

20th 8:30am – 5pm

23rd 6pm – 10pm

The Intermediate Coaching General Principles Course is an integral part of coaching accreditation in most sports, complementing the sports specific provided by the National and State Sporting Organisations. Both the General Principles course as well as the sports specific component must be completed to achieve accreditation under the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS). Some sports combine these - contact your State Sporting Organisation to determine this.

The Intermediate Coaching General Principles are a series of 13 educational modules for coaches who want to improve their skills and knowledge. From 2008, the Intermediate Coaching General Principles program replaced the former Level 2 Coaching General Principles.

Essentials for Coaching Children – October 30

Cost: $10

Time: 6:30 – 9:30pm

The Essentials for Coaching Children course is a brief, practical course for coaches.

The course aims to give new or aspiring coaches the basic skills, knowledge and tips to provide an effective, enjoyable sporting experience for children.

To register for any of the above courses please go to the following link:

http://www.recsport.sa.gov.au/training- ... /SCOC.html

Please also find attached the 2012 training calendar.

Office for Recreation and Sport

Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure

27 Valetta Road, Kidman Park SA 5025 | PO Box 219, Brooklyn Park SA 5032

Direct 08 7424 7605 Fax 08 7424 7674 E-mail caitlyn.mills2@sa.gov.au

ACTIVE FOR LIFE
All South Australians enjoying lives enriched through participation in active recreation and sport
www.recsport.sa.gov.au

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

carsonvictoria05 wrote:I have a certificate in life instructing (separate adapting) however need to grow further - I am attempting to discover any courses to visit (1 day to seven days' participation would be fine). Does anybody have any tips or direction for me to enhance my insight? write me an assignment
WTF are you on dude???