Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by best »

Which clubs buy players? How much do they pay for them & where do they come from? I can't see a bloke from Spain coming over to play on a lucrative contract with Western Strikers. Surely the majority of players playing in the state have come from junior clubs in Adelaide..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oohnanahiya »

Philanthropist wrote:through the ranks and into seniors should be a fair target for all junior coaches to set their goals . :) IMHOA
some clubs could have the best junior coaches in the world but unless the "hierachy" was willing to promote these kids into their senior ranks rather than go out and buy players when gaps needed filling then this thread etc is just a waste of time. you know who you are.[/quote]

Which clubs buy players? How much do they pay for them & where do they come from? I can't see a bloke from Spain coming over to play on a lucrative contract with Western Strikers. Surely the majority of players playing in the state have come from junior clubs in Adelaide..[/quote]

Good one Phil :lol: To explain what I posted in another way, there are certain SL clubs out there who will buy a player(s) from another SL club to replace an ageing or retiring player rather than go through their Youth Teams for a replacement. To use an analogy, much like what the crows did several years ago and now they're seeing 4 retire in the same season while the youngsters they blooded this season should have started being blooded much earlier. Sooner or later it catches up on the Club. Hope this helps. :wink:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

I hear ya 8)

One of the boys i coached a few years ago had an elder brother who spent his time at the same club from U7's to U19's and was playing U19's when 16 :D

Got less than 2 hours pitch time in the season but still stayed there :? until he went home and basically put the shirt away and left to play for another club as new players were coming in.

This is not a slanderous statement/fact but from a father who has a good playing career in the local leagues.

BTW

Not a nothern club Sid :wink:
Last edited by Barney Rubble on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

???

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

Jason Hayhurst he is a fantastic coach.
It would be good to see him coach a team again.

Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 010101 »

Clubman ask modbury

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

city must have the best coachs

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

best wrote:city must have the best coachs
So after asking the question 5 pages ago, you've narrowed it down to the best coach being any Coach down at AC :shock:
Well done, problem solved.
Now I can sleep at night :P
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

Jason Hayhurst he is a fantastic coach

Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 010101 »

clubman wrote:Jason Hayhurst he is a fantastic coach
Who,s he coached

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

oohnanahiya wrote:
Philanthropist wrote:through the ranks and into seniors should be a fair target for all junior coaches to set their goals . :) IMHOA
some clubs could have the best junior coaches in the world but unless the "hierachy" was willing to promote these kids into their senior ranks rather than go out and buy players when gaps needed filling then this thread etc is just a waste of time. you know who you are.
Which clubs buy players? How much do they pay for them & where do they come from? I can't see a bloke from Spain coming over to play on a lucrative contract with Western Strikers. Surely the majority of players playing in the state have come from junior clubs in Adelaide..[/quote]

Good one Phil :lol: To explain what I posted in another way, there are certain SL clubs out there who will buy a player(s) from another SL club to replace an ageing or retiring player rather than go through their Youth Teams for a replacement. To use an analogy, much like what the crows did several years ago and now they're seeing 4 retire in the same season while the youngsters they blooded this season should have started being blooded much earlier. Sooner or later it catches up on the Club. Hope this helps. :wink:[/quote]

I was told that an highly regarded Junior Coach from Campbelltown approached Metro to switch Club, was nicely told to take his hands off the duck Slasher and go jump in the lake.
The reason??? His feees. $9,000 that's right, NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Exactly double what Terminello gets paid as head coach.!!!!!
The guy belongs in a circus, He's a clown of the highest order.

LeicesterCity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LeicesterCity »

Ross Monteleone was the best coach my son had.

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

:P pay peanuts, get monkeys :mrgreen:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

LeicesterCity wrote:Ross Monteleone was the best coach my son had.
:oops: shame about the old man :clown: how many clubs now :?:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

bestofbothworlds
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by bestofbothworlds »

Jeda wrote::P pay peanuts, get monkeys :mrgreen:
Well said Jeda !! Never a truer word spoken...(is truer a word??)

bestofbothworlds
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by bestofbothworlds »

Sulmona,

I detect a little hostility in your voice in relation to the "C/Town Junior Coach asking Metro if he could move to them for $9k"??? Has this person upset you or maybe your son over the past few years?? A few home truths maybe.....

If the Coach to whom you are referring, is who we all think it is, then i believe you are incorrect! Metro has approached him, as have many other Junior Clubs and also some Senior Clubs, to bring his expertise and knowledge to their lagging Junior/Senior ranks. As far as the $$$ are concerned, even if that figure is correct (which it is not) it is "none of your's , mine or anybody else's business".

Maybe this is a case of the "Pot calling the Kettle Black" when referring to the "clown" label??

Ladies & Gentlemen, whether we like it or not, the Soccer/Football (whatever is your preferred Title) landscape is changing and if we dont like the ride, then get off the bus !!!!

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

No hostility at all.
What I was told is what I reported here. Period.
on this topic there's a few coaches being mentioned, so I'm not sure if we are talking about the same person.
Regardless, in a league where volunteers make ends meet by selling chook raffles, 9k is a tad extravagant.

joejoejoe
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by joejoejoe »

sulmona wrote:
oohnanahiya wrote:
some clubs could have the best junior coaches in the world but unless the "hierachy" was willing to promote these kids into their senior ranks rather than go out and buy players when gaps needed filling then this thread etc is just a waste of time. you know who you are.
Which clubs buy players? How much do they pay for them & where do they come from? I can't see a bloke from Spain coming over to play on a lucrative contract with Western Strikers. Surely the majority of players playing in the state have come from junior clubs in Adelaide..
Good one Phil :lol: To explain what I posted in another way, there are certain SL clubs out there who will buy a player(s) from another SL club to replace an ageing or retiring player rather than go through their Youth Teams for a replacement. To use an analogy, much like what the crows did several years ago and now they're seeing 4 retire in the same season while the youngsters they blooded this season should have started being blooded much earlier. Sooner or later it catches up on the Club. Hope this helps. :wink:[/quote]

I was told that an highly regarded Junior Coach from Campbelltown approached Metro to switch Club, was nicely told to take his hands off the duck Slasher and go jump in the lake.
The reason??? His feees. $9,000 that's right, NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Exactly double what Terminello gets paid as head coach.!!!!!
The guy belongs in a circus, He's a clown of the highest order.[/quote]

You seem very concerned about the fee you mentioned.
You also say that the guy belongs in a circus being a clown of the highest order.
There also seems to be an air of dislike towards the person you are referring to.
The position would be something like Junior Football Director or a similar role to ensure that development,coaching etc. is all looked after and running/controlled as it should in order to achieve the goals/results that the club is looking for.
The person would need to have a proven track record,have high standards,technical skills etc.
These days pre season seems to start around late October then a Xmas break then again late January for teams around 13A/14A upwards.
That then means that its approximately a 10 month season (say 45 weeks).
The appointed person would have to be at the club at least 4 days/evenings per week plus match days therefore 5 times per week.
If we divide $9,000 by 45 weeks = $200 per week....divide by 5 days = $40 for a few hours each of those days = $13 per hour.
Do you believe that $13 an hour is an expensive amount for the value that the club,juniors and coaches would be getting ???
A club like the one you mention would have approx. 200 juniors
As some juniors are younger than 13/14 yrs lets say the season is an average of 8 months ( 35 weeks ) long.
$9000 divided by 200 juniors = $45 per junior divided by 35 weeks = $1.30 per week.
A regular beer is $5, a Gatorade is $3, an egg & bacon roll is $4 and a coffee $3.
It doesnt sound too expensive after all !!!!!
Last edited by joejoejoe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

Silly me, I thought he was a junior coach!

Bluechook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bluechook »

Not sure why people from other Clubs try and bring Metrostars into this discussion,
For the record, without adding wood to the fire.
Metrostars, has 3 Junior coaching Coordinators as Well as Ernie Luongo running the accadamy for the very young ones.
These Guys are doing a great job, and the results were most evident with 7 players that started at under 8s level, getting game time in the first team last season.
Another 3 lads, left for greener pastures, and played first team at other clubs.

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Mr Natale what is he like as a coach

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

010101 wrote:
Who,s he coached
Had him at Prince Alfred in my days at school. Brilliant coach, i.e. excellent training sessions and ideas about the game, but he's a rubbish manager (a la Modbury), as he doesn't adapt his playing style for the players he has.
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 010101 »

zackadacka wrote:
010101 wrote:
Who,s he coached
Had him at Prince Alfred in my days at school. Brilliant coach, i.e. excellent training sessions and ideas about the game, but he's a rubbish manager (a la Modbury), as he doesn't adapt his playing style for the players he has.
Like you said rubbish manager.

I thought that a manager was the same as a coach so that must mean rubbish coach

Whiteslane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Whiteslane »

hi best, it is just my opinion but i think mr natale is a very good coach and has a lot of experience.
he has coached at all levels including stints in senior mens with para, c/town and cobras but his
best attribute is his ability to communicate and impart his knowledge of the game on those he coaches.
I know many players who have played under him and he is well respected and i believe will do a great job
in his new role, but he must be given a chance by all to show his mettle in this new role for him. Good luck
maurice with your new role.

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Like you said rubbish manager.

I thought that a manager was the same as a coach so that must mean rubbish coach[/quote]

I mean in the old English sense, like the manager is the boss on gameday, has the tactics, motivation etc.

A coach is someone who takes training and develops players during the week.

As for Jason, great for training, but played people in the wrong position, and played the wrong kinds of styles. To sum it up best, i'd say that everyone in the team would say they were a better player at the end of the season than before it, but still didn't have much success on the park.

If this makes absolutely no sense, i understand. Just my experience. As I said, great junior COACH, rubbish senior MANAGER
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Metro have reappointed him and given him more responsibility.
They Must be happy with his methods.

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

to be a good Coach you need much more than know about soccer only. I dont know about mr Drago, but most of the people have him in highly regards, so probably he is really good. BUt the best coach isnt only him for sure, because there's is plenty out there, just to look around better. Metro, Campbelltown, Adelaide City, Blue Eagles should be more humbles, less ''political'', less winning minded.

A good coach is the one that let the kids play, when i say kids it's u12 to u16. They should play with joy and put the ball on the ground and start from there, forget the winning because they will always play to score and win. Just give to them the right way to win, with manners too. u11 and bellow shouldnt be taken to clubs and clinics and academies... you as a parent shpuld be playing with him in a park, and tell him to play with friends, and make their own competitions...

so guys.. just look around for the best coaches for your kids, dont look only on the name of the Club or if you want your kid to play u19 when he has 16... think twice. Leo Messi and Ronaldos are excepetions... and you dont find it in australia.

I looked at the newspaper today and Ali Hadi is there.. uauau is good but ...

Barca4life10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barca4life10 »

yea saw him on the paper... is he good... the ali hadi guy?? heard of him
''The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does''.
Phil Woosnam

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Yes he is
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......