Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

Post Reply
spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 10:09 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by spooky1972 »

best wrote:city must have the best coachs
send the same coaches to small clubs that struggle for players and I bet you they do just the same as the so called 2nd rate coaches.

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by best »

spooky1972 wrote:
best wrote:city must have the best coachs
send the same coaches to small clubs that struggle for players and I bet you they do just the same as the so called 2nd rate coaches.

steve10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:30 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by steve10 »

Citys u/14a team's coaches

User avatar
Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2029
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Green_Manalishi »

steve10 wrote:Citys u/14a team's coaches
What have they won so far this year :P
Occasionally available in blue

User avatar
Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1952
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:22 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Barney Rubble »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
steve10 wrote:Citys u/14a team's coaches
What have they won so far this year :P
:|


:lol:

love it, you are so cold at times !
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

misterb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:11 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by misterb »

spooky1972 wrote:
best wrote:city must have the best coachs
send the same coaches to small clubs that struggle for players and I bet you they do just the same as the so called 2nd rate coaches.
:clown:
couldn't agree more.
so easy with good players - real test comes when you have to dig out the best with what you've managed to pick up to make a team.


:clown: :clown:

steve10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:30 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by steve10 »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
steve10 wrote:Citys u/14a team's coaches
What have they won so far this year :P
Hearts everywhere!

Rover1964
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Rover1964 »

there are a couple of coaches around in Adelaide that are just interested in the money!! The best coach that I found for my son was Jeff Napier until the age of 12 years old, after that it gets a bit harder, That's why we have moved to the UK,, The quality here is amazing!!! Tell your kids never to give up just because one coach doesn't like the way they play .. the next coach mite love him!! Hard work on the field will pay of if they have a bit of talent. Keep things positive at all times,,To many parents want to rip into each others kids,, makes you sick really.. that's my thoughts anyway...

canayon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by canayon »

Rover1964 wrote:there are a couple of coaches around in Adelaide that are just interested in the money!! The best coach that I found for my son was Jeff Napier until the age of 12 years old, after that it gets a bit harder, That's why we have moved to the UK,, The quality here is amazing!!! Tell your kids never to give up just because one coach doesn't like the way they play .. the next coach mite love him!! Hard work on the field will pay of if they have a bit of talent. Keep things positive at all times,,To many parents want to rip into each others kids,, makes you sick really.. that's my thoughts anyway...
Did you move to UK just because your 12 y.o. son's coach was a bit harder? That's father's love!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rover1964
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Rover1964 »

I moved to England to give him the opportunity for a 2 year football scolarship and then if the right doors open he can become a pro footballer,, he is now 15 and improving every week, and yes!! that is fatherly love!!! :D

User avatar
Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Željko Jurin »

Rover, I admire your sons passion and the balls you had to make the move

Out of interest, which club is he at ?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, all these parents in SA that say this and that about their son should be in the State team, their kids team has gone 2 years undefeated, blah, blah, blah

At the end of the day, your son won't be scouted and spotted in SA, it doesn't matter if he did or didn't make the State team ...... if he is talented, and he wants to try to make a go of it, you need to take him to Europe, and hope 'someone' likes what they see against the thousands of others, and then hope he continues to improve and improve, and has the passion for all the hard work that is required
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Image

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Killa Pass »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Rover, I admire your sons passion and the balls you had to make the move

Out of interest, which club is he at ?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, all these parents in SA that say this and that about their son should be in the State team, their kids team has gone 2 years undefeated, blah, blah, blah

At the end of the day, your son won't be scouted and spotted in SA, it doesn't matter if he did or didn't make the State team ...... if he is talented, and he wants to try to make a go of it, you need to take him to Europe, and hope 'someone' likes what they see against the thousands of others, and then hope he continues to improve and improve, and has the passion for all the hard work that is required
Well said.... :wink:

Rover1964
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Rover1964 »

FTW wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:Rover, I admire your sons passion and the balls you had to make the move

Out of interest, which club is he at ?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, all these parents in SA that say this and that about their son should be in the State team, their kids team has gone 2 years undefeated, blah, blah, blah

At the end of the day, your son won't be scouted and spotted in SA, it doesn't matter if he did or didn't make the State team ...... if he is talented, and he wants to try to make a go of it, you need to take him to Europe, and hope 'someone' likes what they see against the thousands of others, and then hope he continues to improve and improve, and has the passion for all the hard work that is required
Well said.... :wink:
Very true,
My son was in the state side for 12 months, and in that 12 months he had a growing disease in his knee's. alot of kids get it.. So << guess what ? he got cut,, Small minded because they grow out of it. I think if you give a young player a contract it should be for 2 - 3 years, so you can see how they develop, And thats why you should also have a shadow team of the same age because they may have to move from team to team depending on may things like. Injury, form, and so on. We have been in England for 8 months now, He has played against Liverpool, Man United , Blackburn Rovers and so on. So the state cut him for what,,, injury!! madness....All I can say to parents is, never give up on your lad and keep it positive in the car on the way home from the games... It gets a bit heated in ours on the way home from games sometimes ha ha ha PNE
PS- he has miles to go!! so I am talking to my self!!

User avatar
Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1952
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:22 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Barney Rubble »

Great stuff, enjoy the trip.

I too admire your dedication.
Sincerely hope he makes it, keep him away from girls though, they have cooties :wink:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by clubman »

Well U/12 coach at metro M B :D offa
The boys all doing well what a great coach

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by AL K HOLIC »

3rd bottom 2010 12s side, team changed to an undefeated 2nd top 13s team.

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:13 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by oohnanahiya »

speaking of which whats happened to ctowns 15s this year :?: isnt this the team of invincibles coached over several years by drago who took all before them :shock:

Whiteslane
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:57 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Whiteslane »

They are finding it difficult this season. A number have been picked up by SASI, one maybe two have gone to AIS,
one has been promoted to the club's 19's, one or two have followed drago to white city to play 17C's and a couple of others
have left for other clubs. The remainder have stayed loyal to the Club and remained however the Club has found it difficult
to field a strong team. The team is now coached by a good up and coming young coach and they will need time to get into winning ways again. Good luck to those boys with what will be a difficult season but which they will all benefit from

User avatar
Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1956
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Big Mac »

AL K HOLIC wrote:3rd bottom 2010 12s side, team changed to an undefeated 2nd top 13s team.
Which club?
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Image

venger
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:09 am

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by venger »

Whiteslane wrote:They are finding it difficult this season. A number have been picked up by SASI, one maybe two have gone to AIS,
one has been promoted to the club's 19's, one or two have followed drago to white city to play 17C's and a couple of others
have left for other clubs. The remainder have stayed loyal to the Club and remained however the Club has found it difficult
to field a strong team. The team is now coached by a good up and coming young coach and they will need time to get into winning ways again. Good luck to those boys with what will be a difficult season but which they will all benefit from
Wouldnt say being picked up by SASI and AIS is being unloyal to the club. !

CdOtzi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:27 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by CdOtzi »

Drago was the best because he knew how to pick talent. When he switched clubs he brought with him winning mentality and talent.

His ace team of U14As at Campbelltown from 2010 has disbanded. Don't know current composition of the side U15As CT but results suggest could be a tough season.

Para Hills best side in U15As. Good Luck for the ManUcup.

User avatar
Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Željko Jurin »

Good luck for the ManUtd cup ????? :shock:

Have you been in Pakistan for the last month ?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Image

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Good luck for the ManUtd cup ????? :shock:

Have you been in Pakistan for the last month ?
That must of been what Bin Laden was watching on his T.V.........The Man U cup!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by rabbit »

[quote="CdOtzi"]Drago was the best because he knew how to pick talent. When he switched clubs he brought with him winning mentality and talent.

Does that really make him the best?

stiring the porridge
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by stiring the porridge »

CdOtzi wrote:Drago was the best because he knew how to pick talent. When he switched clubs he brought with him winning mentality and talent.

His ace team of U14As at Campbelltown from 2010 has disbanded. Don't know current composition of the side U15As CT but results suggest could be a tough season.

Para Hills best side in U15As. Good Luck for the ManUcup.

see it is not about development. Anyone can pick talent. Not only that the 17s are not impressing anyone, so once again what is a good coach, someone that has alot of talent to choose or someone who has scraps and produces. Go look at the smaller clubs and you will find the best coaches in the game.

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by clubman »

Go look at the smaller clubs and you will find the best coaches in the game. :?:


Go look at the larger clubs and you will find the best coaches in the game. :?:

what has the size of the club got to do with good coach bad coach
once again small clubs have issues with big clubs thats not about good coach bad coach :?

Antipasto
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:27 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Antipasto »

CdOtzi wrote:Drago was the best because he knew how to pick talent. When he switched clubs he brought with him winning mentality and talent.

His ace team of U14As at Campbelltown from 2010 has disbanded. Don't know current composition of the side U15As CT but results suggest could be a tough season.

Para Hills best side in U15As. Good Luck for the ManUcup.

Your obviously one of Drago's mates. Have you been signed up to coach at White City???

They seem to have a winning mentality :lol:

:clown:

I spoke to some of the parents from campbelltown they said the majority of the team is the Bs from last year.

CdOtzi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:27 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by CdOtzi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can see Y CT U15As heading for relegation. B players from a C division pretending to compete in an A division comp.

No problems at White City. Our seniors likely to replace CT in Super league. CT Reserves and 19s looking good for the wooden spoon as well.

im looking for a gig next year :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1956
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Big Mac »

CdOtzi wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Can see Y CT U15As heading for relegation. B players from a C division pretending to compete in an A division comp.

No problems at White City. Our seniors likely to replace CT in Super league. CT Reserves and 19s looking good for the wooden spoon as well.

im looking for a gig next year :lol: :lol: :lol:
Classy response.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Image

User avatar
Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2029
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Green_Manalishi »

CdOtzi wrote:im looking for a gig next year :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hopefully interstate.
Occasionally available in blue

Post Reply