Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Soap Box »

kings wrote:thought one of those coaches had been shown the door by Raiders
RA doesnt coach at Raiders

PC has left the club, and probably a few different stories floating around I would imagine ..... and yes I agree, he is a great development coach[/quote]

RA coached under 8's this year at Raiders!![/quote]

What is the big issue if RA coaches or not at Raiders :?:[/quote]

because he is employed by the Football Federation of Australia as a development coach and if so
it would be a conflict of interest if he was also coaching at an FFSA club and seen to be attracting the better players to his team and or Raiders.

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hibs seven »

How many Raiders boys got into skillroos programme?

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

Hibs seven wrote:How many Raiders boys got into skillroos programme?

2 at this stage but RA still to select a second squad.
Does any one know what they are looking for in a player. :?:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

1/ Very good technique
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

clubman wrote:

Two feet. Preferably one of each variety :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

clubman wrote:

Zeljko Jurin wrote:1/ Very good technique

Why is RA picking a second squad.If these boys have a very good technique and they are the best
and RA Best Junior Coach why a second squad. I am confused :?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

kings wrote:
clubman wrote:

Why is RA picking a second squad.If these boys have a very good technique and they are the best
Whats the confusion?....1st squad will train/play 2-3 times a week and be part of Skilleeroos (wont stay with their home clubs).
2nd squad will be a shadow squad of players who will possibly train with RA once a week and remain/play with there own Clubs.
The more Kids that are exposed to elite training the better.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

confusion once said

Whats the confusion?....1st squad will train/play 2-3 times a week and be part of Skilleeroos (wont stay with their home clubs).
2nd squad will be a shadow squad of players who will possibly train with RA once a week and remain/play with there own Clubs.
3rd squad will be a shadow squad of players who will possibly train with RA once a week and remain/play with there own Clubs.

The more Kids that are exposed to elite training the better.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Big Mac wrote:
kings wrote:
clubman wrote:

2nd squad will be a shadow squad of players who will possibly train with RA once a week and remain/play with there own Clubs.The more Kids that are exposed to elite training the better.

So which kids is he selecting from for this supposed 2nd shadow Squad? Were clubs advised to nominate age eligible players to go out and trial?
Is this happening out at Burton?

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

themessenger wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
kings wrote:
2nd squad will be a shadow squad of players who will possibly train with RA once a week and remain/play with there own Clubs.The more Kids that are exposed to elite training the better.

So which kids is he selecting from for this supposed 2nd shadow Squad? Were clubs advised to nominate age eligible players to go out and trial?
I think he is picking them from the players that missed out on Skillaroos, that were playing in STIC comp

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

[.[/quote]

Is this happening out at Burton?[/quote]

I think he is picking them from the players that missed out on Skillaroos, that were playing in STIC comp[/quote]

that makes good sense. cheers for that.

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
themessenger wrote:
Big Mac wrote:

I will be picking them from the players that missed out on Skillaroos, that were playing in STIC comp[/quote]

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

:lol: if you think I'm Richie .... :lol:

But I'll take that as a compliment then ....

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote::lol: if you think I'm Richie .... :lol:

But I'll take that as a compliment then ....
:lol: That is so funny

You cant be Richie..........U dont talk as much as him :lol: :lol:

Hong Kong Fuey
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hong Kong Fuey »

Mario Boffa without any doubt, the sportsmanship and respect he instills in his boys are to be greatly admired

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

what elite training Richie provides? is it any better than my training sessions?

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Coach_Mulatinho wrote:what elite training Richie provides? is it any better than my training sessions?
No-one said Richie was the best junior coach.

At least we now know that you're not.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hibs seven »

Hong Kong Fuey wrote:Mario Boffa without any doubt, the sportsmanship and respect he instills in his boys are to be greatly admired
Dont know him but agree with conent, sportsmanship and mutual respect are essential elements to teach kids as well as the required skills. Murrel/Eadie coaches at Cove demand their players treat opposition with respect and do not allow under any circumstances after game celebrations, club songs or zigga -zagga (dynamite on the field ) nonsense.

Cup semi final and final against Para Hills JPL and JSL players obviously delighted but behaved impecably. One loss ( V Cumberland) in three years but boys all well grouned and give 100% at training every week.

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Hibs seven wrote:
Hong Kong Fuey wrote:Mario Boffa without any doubt, the sportsmanship and respect he instills in his boys are to be greatly admired
Dont know him but agree with conent, sportsmanship and mutual respect are essential elements to teach kids as well as the required skills. Murrel/Eadie coaches at Cove demand their players treat opposition with respect and do not allow under any circumstances after game celebrations, club songs or zigga -zagga (dynamite on the field ) nonsense.

Cup semi final and final against Para Hills JPL and JSL players obviously delighted but behaved impecably. One loss ( V Cumberland) in three years but boys all well grouned and give 100% at training every week.

Metro and Cove coaches very good both teams play a good style and develop players.
Well sportsmanship both team a little rough some players a bit dirty.More Cove.
IT WILL ALL COME OUT NEXT YEAR

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

kings wrote:
Hibs seven wrote:

Metro and Cove coaches very good both teams play a good style and develop players.

Heard both teams lost players due to not happy is this true ?

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

Mad_Max wrote:
Coach_Mulatinho wrote:what elite training Richie provides? is it any better than my training sessions?
No-one said Richie was the best junior coach.

At least we now know that you're not.
You dont know...but im actually a bad coach

OldGold
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OldGold »

kings wrote:
Hibs seven wrote:

Perhaps the "coaches" need to practise what they preach!
"United were good... but they still weren't Wolves!" George Best

Stonthialo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Stonthialo »

Just because a coach wins most games or undefeated for a year doesn't mean he is the best coach. Many coaches that have teams getting defeated every week do an outstanding job. It's much harder being at the bottom than being at the top! You also really can't single one directly out but many coaches like Boffa, Kljajic and etc come to mind because they seem to produce quality football, quality sportsmen and entertainment. Plus we also know about them because the teams they have been successful. How about the guys that have the teams at the bottom?

Development is priority and success is a great motivation and reward for hard work but you can't always win. My old coach used to say, you learn more about yourself and the team you play in when you lose.

I'm not saying the people taking the jobs at FFSA are hopeless but I feel that these positions should be open to all applicants and the term of the coaching contract must be no longer than 3 years. Being transparent will benefit all, even if the process to appoint the coaches takes longer.
Σκατά στα μουτρα σου

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

those that know mr boffa know that his coaching is only as good as the talent he has at his disposal

Hong Kong Fuey
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hong Kong Fuey »

Veggos wrote:Just because a coach wins most games or undefeated for a year doesn't mean he is the best coach. Many coaches that have teams getting defeated every week do an outstanding job. It's much harder being at the bottom than being at the top! You also really can't single one directly out but many coaches like Boffa, Kljajic and etc come to mind because they seem to produce quality football, quality sportsmen and entertainment. Plus we also know about them because the teams they have been successful. How about the guys that have the teams at the bottom?

Development is priority and success is a great motivation and reward for hard work but you can't always win. My old coach used to say, you learn more about yourself and the team you play in when you lose.

I'm not saying the people taking the jobs at FFSA are hopeless but I feel that these positions should be open to all applicants and the term of the coaching contract must be no longer than 3 years. Being transparent will benefit all, even if the process to appoint the coaches takes longer.
Love the idea, would definately keep the process transparent, I personally also think different coaches bring out different qualities in players, so a change of coach can be a positive, would love to hear other people's thoughts!!!

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

:D

always offside
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by always offside »

Željko Jurin wrote:1/ Very good technique
2/STIC coaches sons
3/or promised a spot

always offside
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by always offside »

kings wrote:
Hibs seven wrote:

Cove and Cumberland have some fantastic junior coaches
not sure if they are the best but would be close

mike17
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mike17 »

Best On Ground wrote:Drago, Drago, just because he poaches all the talented kids and puts them into one side,we can all do that. Try to develope a team sometimes that you are dealt.

you are on to something here

a good coach is one who develops a team/players regardless of ability

this poaching kids thing is stupid

ppl will say that it is in the kids best interest to go to a well coached, high level team

but isnt it in footballs best interest to spread the talent out and have a more competitive league. then the weaker players benefit rather than having teams that get thumped 10-0 because their best players are 'poached'

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

mike17 wrote:
Best On Ground wrote:Drago, Drago, just because he poaches all the talented kids and puts them into one side,we can all do that. Try to develope a team sometimes that you are dealt.

you are on to something here

a good coach is one who develops a team/players regardless of ability

this poaching kids thing is stupid

ppl will say that it is in the kids best interest to go to a well coached, high level team

but isnt it in footballs best interest to spread the talent out and have a more competitive league. then the weaker players benefit rather than having teams that get thumped 10-0 because their best players are 'poached'
Good luck winning that battle. remember people are playing for sheep stations !