Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Best Junior Coach

Post by best »

Who is the best junior coach :?:

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by Mad_Max »

Stupid thread really (I'm sure Jeda will love it :P) but........

I 'coached' the Nailsworth Primary U13 team to the NWJSA cup and league double in 2008. Didn't even bother training for most the season.

Am I in with a chance?
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Isn't that a loaded question......describe "best" and you should be able to narrow it down a little.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

My wife hase the best a$$ of any coach I know..... does that count?

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

grumbly wrote:My wife hase the best a$$ of any coach I know..... does that count?
Winner :D

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oohnanahiya »

grumbly wrote:My wife hase the best a$$ of any coach I know..... does that count?
your wife aside, I'd say that guy from CTown who's got the 14a's - he's had this team since the 12's i think and had them playing "bootyfool" football.
this year they've dropped a couple but he's still a top junior coach. kids actually play for him.

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

Mad_Max wrote:Stupid thread really (I'm sure Jeda will love it :P) but........

I 'coached' the Nailsworth Primary U13 team to the NWJSA cup and league double in 2008. Didn't even bother training for most the season.

Am I in with a chance?
that was a quality side!

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

oohnanahiya wrote:
your wife aside, I'd say that guy from CTown who's got the 14a's - he's had this team since the 12's i think and had them playing "bootyfool" football.
this year they've dropped a couple but he's still a top junior coach. kids actually play for him.
drago?
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Allrise
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Allrise »

the REAL one wrote:
oohnanahiya wrote:
drago?
:wink:

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

drago?
:wink:
belle :D
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Best On Ground
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Best On Ground »

Drago, Drago, just because he poaches all the talented kids and puts them into one side,we can all do that. Try to develope a team sometimes that you are dealt.

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Best On Ground wrote:Drago, Drago, just because he poaches all the talented kids and puts them into one side,we can all do that. Try to develope a team sometimes that you are dealt.
No, he is good, real good in fact :!:
Every kid he has coached will tell you :!:
Every one that has seen him coach will tell you :!:
Even he will tell you :lol:

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oohnanahiya »

Best On Ground wrote:Drago, Drago, just because he poaches all the talented kids and puts them into one side,we can all do that. Try to develope a team sometimes that you are dealt.
I know kids coached by Drago.the kids have come out better mentally, physically, tactically and technically from their experience. he's a straight shooter but fair, everything he does is balanced. kids play for him not out of fear of him. i read quite a bit on this forum about kids should be playing for fun, etc. Sure why not.....but believe it or not there are kids out there who a desirous of making a career out of Football. Drago will tell your kid if he /she has what it takes to make it instead of walking around on egg shells so we don't hurt little johnny's/jenny's feelings. if you can't handle it go play chess. it's a shame the FFSA is more caught up in political correctness rather than giving Drago a role in junior development.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Drago is a fantastic coach and one of the few that can demonstrate what he teaches ..true he poached a few talented players .. I think from the STIC team he coached.. dont think he is too popular at Ad City as a result ... but for the players to follow him speaks for itself.

He wont accept second best in a player and brutaly honest in his advice to kids he coaches if not 'the best' he is right up there with the best junior coaches

joejoejoe
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by joejoejoe »

Its because of people like you that junior development in Australia is in such a poor state.
The gentleman that you are accusing of poaching etc. is the best junior coach and mentor in this state and amongst the best in Australia.
He doesn't poach boys,what actually happens is that when they and their parents see how he operates and how far ahead he is compared to the majority of what else is around they want to go to him.
He brings out the best in the boys and girls that he coaches/develops by teaching technical skills,tactics,respect and very importantly how to be a good person in the community.He corrects mistakes in a caring and kind way always with the emphasis on learning and mastering the technique.He treats the boys and girls with respect that then shines back.He calls a spade a spade and is honest and truthful about a players ability.He instills good work ethic and that one must give 100% all the time if they are to have a chance to realise their dream in anything they wish to do in life.
He is not a product of our mainly backward coaching system but a breath of fresh air to anyone who has seen and experienced how children are developed in Europe.
Its obvious by your comment that you dont like him and have none of his traits but instead are only seething in jealousy and full of ignorance,incompetence and malice.
The answer to the question is...Drago...( and by a mile !!).
P.s. and yes my son plays in his team,goes to his clinics,wasn't poached and has been developed in Spain for 3 years while studying and playing there which therefore gives me a better understanding and opinion about the subject than you !!

maximum
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by maximum »

joejoejoe wrote:
Its because of people like you that junior development in Australia is in such a poor state.
The gentleman that you are accusing of poaching etc. is the best junior coach and mentor in this state and amongst the best in Australia.
He doesn't poach boys,what actually happens is that when they and their parents see how he operates and how far ahead he is compared to the majority of what else is around they want to go to him.
He brings out the best in the boys and girls that he coaches/develops by teaching technical skills,tactics,respect and very importantly how to be a good person in the community.He corrects mistakes in a caring and kind way always with the emphasis on learning and mastering the technique.He treats the boys and girls with respect that then shines back.He calls a spade a spade and is honest and truthful about a players ability.He instills good work ethic and that one must give 100% all the time if they are to have a chance to realise their dream in anything they wish to do in life.
He is not a product of our mainly backward coaching system but a breath of fresh air to anyone who has seen and experienced how children are developed in Europe.
Its obvious by your comment that you dont like him and have none of his traits but instead are only seething in jealousy and full of ignorance,incompetence and malice.
The answer to the question is...Drago...( and by a mile !!).
P.s. and yes my son plays in his team,goes to his clinics,wasn't poached and has been developed in Spain for 3 years while studying and playing there which therefore gives me a better understanding and opinion about the subject than you !!
Spot on! I recommend him highly. Everyone has their own opinion though. Drago always approaches other teams after a match and acknowledges good play and encourages the boys, which I think is fantastic. His heart really is into development of kids in this state.

Allrise
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Allrise »

enough about Drago.......my kid's going to do some off season training with him and I can already hear the price going up!! :P

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

So who does have the biggest sheep station?
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

So where will Drago go next year, seeing the CCSC committee are screwing him over (or maybe just 1 person) from what I hear ?

PS.....And yes, he is a brilliant coach
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Clubsport
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clubsport »

Spot on !

The best junior coaches I've seen have taken less talented kids at the begining of the season and developed them into players that will push for the so called A's selection by the end of the season.
Give Drago a B TEAM and see how he developes these kids throughout the season, and then see if he's one of the best junior coaches .

Allrise
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Allrise »

Clubsport wrote:
Spot on !

The best junior coaches I've seen have taken less talented kids at the begining of the season and developed them into players that will push for the so called A's selection by the end of the season. Give Drago a B TEAM and see how he developes these kids throughout the season, and then see if he's one of the best junior coaches .
that's sort of true.....but Drago shouldn't have to put up with the fragile egos most of these kids' parents have when they're told from the outset that their kid isn't going to make it unless theyre prepared to do a lot of work. coming to training for your club during the season twice a week doesn't cut it. Drago moulds them into a player beyond just being good enough to play in the "A's" at JPL level.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

No, he is good, real good in fact :!:
Every kid he has coached will tell you :!:
Every one that has seen him coach will tell you :!:
Even he will tell you :lol:[/quote]

Thought you were talking about me Nova :wink:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Clubsport wrote:
Spot on !

The best junior coaches I've seen have taken less talented kids at the begining of the season and developed them into players that will push for the so called A's selection by the end of the season.
Give Drago a B TEAM and see how he developes these kids throughout the season, and then see if he's one of the best junior coaches .
Sorry, but that's crap !!!!

So are you saying the professional academies overseas like Barcelona, Ajax, etc who take the MOST TALENTED kids have average coaches ??

deets
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by deets »

I have seen a few coaches whilst coaching myself but now that I have moved to Melbourne I get the experience of seeing other coaches sessions & how they operate.

A majority of this time is spent at Bulleen but I would like to add if anyone has a chance to come over please come & see this Bulleen U/12 team & how they are coached.

In short they have rules to abide to on how to play and from day 1 - they play out of the back no matter what pressure they are under & a majority of the time the ball has to be on the ground unless they are in a switching or crossing situation.

I could go on & on but a delight to see how they are coached.

joejoejoe
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by joejoejoe »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Clubsport wrote:
Spot on !

Sorry, but that's crap !!!!

So are you saying the professional academies overseas like Barcelona, Ajax, etc who take the MOST TALENTED kids have average coaches ??
Very well said !!!

Next people will start saying that he should coach a 15 D side and take them on to win the Manchester United cup to prove how good he is.
Some people have just got their mind set and will always say that black is white no matter what the situation is.
Its called IGNORANCE !!!! ( or as my late father would say ¨uneducated in that field ¨)

Allrise
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Allrise »

deets wrote:I have seen a few coaches whilst coaching myself but now that I have moved to Melbourne I get the experience of seeing other coaches sessions & how they operate.

A majority of this time is spent at Bulleen but I would like to add if anyone has a chance to come over please come & see this Bulleen U/12 team & how they are coached.

In short they have rules to abide to on how to play and from day 1 - they play out of the back no matter what pressure they are under & a majority of the time the ball has to be on the ground unless they are in a switching or crossing situation.

not a bad junior coach himself :wink:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

deets wrote:I have seen a few coaches whilst coaching myself but now that I have moved to Melbourne I get the experience of seeing other coaches sessions & how they operate.

AMEN !!!!!!!

FUBAR
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FUBAR »

so who has this drago charecter produced? i assume he has been around for a while so i was wondering if any players of note have been coached by him.

DEETS? what you are talking about is the FFA curiculum! unfortunately there are too many cowboys coaches here and i have even seen a few so call good jnr teams play and not one plays out from the back and when they do its usually unsuccessful.

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

THIS IS A STUPID TOPIC !!!! :twisted: :evil:

AMEN TO THAT !!!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Anyone who gives up their time to ensure the kids have got someone to teach them is a tie for the best coach award, every single coach I have been up against this year has had a story about something they sacrifice to do and without reward.

Stupid Topic Agreed :roll:
HA'WAY THE LADS