Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by barchetta »

Looking forward to seeing these boys progress to professional football.

Trimboli
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trimboli »

barchetta wrote:Looking forward to seeing these boys progress to professional football.
Not likely to happen - hopefully you encourage the kids to work hard at school and not fill their heads with ideas of something that is very unlikely to happen.
Never argue with an idiot - they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Fab Caruso at Fulham United does a great job with the juniors . Great skill development and work ethic required for kids who want to genuinely improve their game.
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Fab is a great player and though havnt seen him coach but am sure he would be a great coach as well ...

Best coach I have seen re technique and individual skills has to be Drago, hands down no-one would come close to him in that regard ...

Best coach I have seen as far as teaching the game = Robbie Cherin ..dont think he has been coaching for a while due to family committments but beyond par as a coach

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

drago and konstantopoulos by far

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

rossonero wrote:drago and konstantopoulos by far
what makes those coaches the best junior coaches?

Rehagel's Assistant
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Rehagel's Assistant »

Coach_Mulatinho wrote:
what makes those coaches the best junior coaches?
One to throw on the table ......Neil Young.....the guy has 5 Cumbie academy kids in the South West Zone U10s. Thats 35% of the squad and these kids have been together for the last 2 yrs.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

i know neil is a good coach, but if you are basing it on that then i am better than him as i have double that in the state, ntc and adelaide united youth league.

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

does it really matter in the bigger scheme of things who is #1,#2....just be happy your junior coach teaches the kids the rights things about the game & life & helps them become better footballers & they ENJOY their football without pressure from psycho nutters ( like one that has been mention many times in this Best Junior Coach question )to win at all costs !

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Faith No More wrote:does it really matter in the bigger scheme of things who is #1,#2....just be happy your junior coach teaches the kids the rights things about the game & life & helps them become better footballers & they ENJOY their football without pressure from psycho nutters ( like one that has been mention many times in this Best Junior Coach question )to win at all costs !
EXACTLY!

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

Trimboli wrote:
barchetta wrote:Looking forward to seeing these boys progress to professional football.
Not likely to happen - hopefully you encourage the kids to work hard at school and not fill their heads with ideas of something that is very unlikely to happen.
I know I shouldn't, but I'm being sarcastic.

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

best wrote:Who is the best junior coach :?:

cool hand luke
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by cool hand luke »

best wrote:
Giveup - who is the "Best Junior Coach" :?: :roll:

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

I don't think so!
There OK, but you must remember BOTH drafted and tore apart(quite wisely, and cunningly) zone teams & sapsasa squads. Drago dragged u11 zone team to cambelltown when he coached the zones and worked with them well. Some very good players of that age group.
Konstandopoulos dragged most of the primary school sapsasa squad to comets too-U11/12's. His son got in as a grade 6, and then again in grade 7. As his son played 1yr above his level, it benefited him. He got 2 years on recruiting under his belt from sapsasa and Prior to that, He only had 1 good player who he played in the middle of the park- Chris walker ( who was a man at 12yrs old and dominated).
Prior to this, Konstand could win anything!
After both recruited, and start to win, it's attracts better players also.
But, get them to coach an average team, they're BOTH not good enough as coaches

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

any coach that takes a player, no matter their level of ability, and develops them is a good coach in my opinion. I read a lot about "this coach won this" and "this coach produced X amount of first team players" but a lot of that also relies on 'un-coachable' attributes like determination and desire. If a coach has 15 players, and each and every one enjoyed their football, developed and wants to play again next season, then he's a good junior coach.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

matty2323 wrote:any coach that takes a player, no matter their level of ability, and develops them is a good coach in my opinion. I read a lot about "this coach won this" and "this coach produced X amount of first team players" but a lot of that also relies on 'un-coachable' attributes like determination and desire. If a coach has 15 players, and each and every one enjoyed their football, developed and wants to play again next season, then he's a good junior coach.
+1

Jett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jett »

Best coach? the one who has gained his players respect.

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

best wrote:

The adelaide united coaches clinic at gepps cross had some pretty good kids on display so from what was showing you would have to say geoff hargreaves is doing some good things down there at raiders land.

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

Think you find that was before he got their, that was the work of all ready good coaches at the club.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

Neyma wrote:Think you find that was before he got their, that was the work of all ready good coaches at the club.

oh really ok thanks i thought he was responsible for putting it all together as i thought he was the technical director down there

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

He is TD there and friends tell me certainly very good work.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

then raiders will be improving more again

medicare
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by medicare »

There are many very good coaches out there and the best ones usually go about doing their job quietly.

The best coaches are the ones that teach, develop and inspire their players and make a material improvement in their players over the course of the season.

That may be the coach that takes a team that cant kick a ball at the start of the season and by the end of the season they are playing some good football. That may be the coach that takes a raw player that a lot of clubs would reject, nurtures that player and turns them into a footballer.

Positions on the table are irrelevant. In fact there can be a strong correlation between poor coaches and high positions on the table because those coaches put results ahead of player development.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

medicare wrote:There are many very good coaches out there and the best ones usually go about doing their job quietly.

The best coaches are the ones that teach, develop and inspire their players and make a material improvement in their players over the course of the season.

That may be the coach that takes a team that cant kick a ball at the start of the season and by the end of the season they are playing some good football. That may be the coach that takes a raw player that a lot of clubs would reject, nurtures that player and turns them into a footballer.

Positions on the table are irrelevant. In fact there can be a strong correlation between poor coaches and high positions on the table because those coaches put results ahead of player development.
this also makes lots of sense what you have sayed and keeping the kids happy like everyone else sayed
if poor coaches have team high on the table then this could be wrong because skillaroos are good coaches and they are high on the table too and all adelaide city teams cannot have bad coaches in them as they are always high on the table all the time too.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

The Shape wrote:
medicare wrote:There are many very good coaches out there and the best ones usually go about doing their job quietly.

this also makes lots of sense what you have sayed and keeping the kids happy like everyone else sayed
if poor coaches have team high on the table then this could be wrong because skillaroos are good coaches and they are high on the table too and all adelaide city teams cannot have bad coaches in them as they are always high on the table all the time too.
Read that again

Papou
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Papou »

The Shape wrote:

Some of the worst coaching i've seen has come from Adelaide City junior coaches.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
The Shape wrote:

Read that again
i re-read the post and yes it was a little scrambled! it is difficult to write when in the back of a truck, but that is a different story.

i was commenting on Medicare's post with the notation of "correlation", and feel (opinion only), that perhaps this may be incorrect? That is; there are a number of teams or institutions who are higher on the table and surely they are coaching well enough to be up "there" (the table that is).

I used examples of skillaroos and adelaide city to discuss.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

Papou wrote:
The Shape wrote:

Some of the worst coaching i've seen has come from Adelaide City junior coaches.
what examples, not names or age groups, but styles of what is being offered on display?

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

The Shape wrote:
Papou wrote: Some of the worst coaching i've seen has come from Adelaide City junior coaches.
what examples, not names or age groups, but styles of what is being offered on display?
i very much dislike coaching against Adelaide City. The game is never played in the right spirit, there is an obsession with winning and to win at all costs. There is a sense of hostility involved and intimidation. The style is direct and physical. Having said that, i've seen some very good individual players within the teams.

They win, and have history, so for that reason i think they attract a good standard of players.. but i'm not sure much coaching goes on.