Scores

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Scores

Post by TRUTH »

When is FSA going to look into the lopsided scores happening in juniors and miniroos.
Winning each week by up to 20 Plus goals does nothing to develop kids.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Scores

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Happens a lot in U12 JSL because the FFSA has no way of grading teams at that age group

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

FSA have been asking for results from miniroos - obviously not displayed online ....

so maybe they are looking at ways to negate lopsided results...

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Miniroos have no link to how U12 JSL are structured. Lots of kids playing for the first time rock up at U12 level

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

bloodypassit wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:33 pm FSA have been asking for results from miniroos - obviously not displayed online ....

They have been doing that for 2 years now I believe, but I have never seen a team get moved mid-season.

THe onus is then on those coaches to avoid such massive cricket scores, and I get it that it is hard to get kids to stop scoring goals but if you put restrictions on them and it still happens at least you have tried

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tevez. »

What happened to Modbury U16 JPL team?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Rookie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:24 pm
bloodypassit wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:33 pm FSA have been asking for results from miniroos - obviously not displayed online ....

They have been doing that for 2 years now I believe, but I have never seen a team get moved mid-season.

THe onus is then on those coaches to avoid such massive cricket scores, and I get it that it is hard to get kids to stop scoring goals but if you put restrictions on them and it still happens at least you have tried
Is the U12 season divided into 2 segments - first half is mixed then 3 divisions worked out after for second half of season

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

tevez. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 am What happened to Modbury U16 JPL team?
I heard alot of the players from last year went up with the coach so they have been decimated this season, hence the results

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

bloodypassit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:14 am
Rookie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Is the U12 season divided into 2 segments - first half is mixed then 3 divisions worked out after for second half of season
Yes i believe so, so they all play each other once then the top 3 or 4 teams from each league form Div1, points carry over (i believe) and they all play each other one more time

convert34
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by convert34 »

It evens up once the teams are re graded.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

I’m hearing some clubs are posting there mini Roos results on their Facebook sites, WTF is with that seriously??

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Rookie wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:52 pm I’m hearing some clubs are posting there mini Roos results on their Facebook sites, WTF is with that seriously??
The notion that by "not keeping score" the kids and parents just focus on enjoying the game without being competitive is nonsense. Everyone knows the scores of miniroos games, the kids especially. Just like the nonsensical JPL/JSL set up it's just another example of FSA madness.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

limozeen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:10 pm
Rookie wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:52 pm I’m hearing some clubs are posting there mini Roos results on their Facebook sites, WTF is with that seriously??
The notion that by "not keeping score" the kids and parents just focus on enjoying the game without being competitive is nonsense. Everyone knows the scores of miniroos games, the kids especially. Just like the nonsensical JPL/JSL set up it's just another example of FSA madness.
I get that and no matter what sport you play kids will always know who won and who lost, I just don’t think posting mini Roos scores does anyone any favours