Under 14 Cup CC v NU

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Under 14 Cup CC v NU

Post by English »

Who says all these suggestions didn’t occur? Not sure why this coach is being obliterated on here when no one seems to know what actually happened.

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

From the game stats - looks like CC had a pretty big player rotation given just about every body scored (and multiple goals).

https://websites.sportstg.com/round_inf ... 2-0&pool=1

Could be hearsay (I wasn't at the game - and would love the CC/NU coach to confirm) but i hear NU started with only 11 players and had one sent off/leave injured. CC at half time matched the 10 a side voluntarily and even reduced numbers even further, rotated players around the pitch and did plenty to try and slow the scoring.......sometimes in cups, games are lopsided.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sonic wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:51 pm From the game stats - looks like CC had a pretty big player rotation given just about every body scored (and multiple goals).

https://websites.sportstg.com/round_inf ... 2-0&pool=1

Could be hearsay (I wasn't at the game - and would love the CC/NU coach to confirm) but i hear NU started with only 11 players and had one sent off/leave injured. CC at half time matched the 10 a side voluntarily and even reduced numbers even further, rotated players around the pitch and did plenty to try and slow the scoring.......sometimes in cups, games are lopsided.
In which case (assuming its true) nothing to see here and people jumping to conclusions. When will people open their eyes that big scores can happen and stop feeling sorry and wrapping their poor little ones in cotton wool? No wonder society is so soft these days
Ignore this signature

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

steves wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:17 pm As a coach of juniors I would of adjusted the team once the win was obvious. I would of reduced the number in my side to make the players work harder and learn to play with a numeric disadvantage. I would of explained my reasons to the players for this and the benefits it will bring going forward. The opposition may not be happy but being beaten 35-0 will not leave them happy anyway. My first responsibility is improving the players not just the result.
Imagine you’re playing for nourlunga, you’re down 10-0 after 15 minutes. The opposition then play with 9 players and still put 8 past you. You’d feel even worse. I agree on keeping the ball, not pressing high, 15 passes before scoring, every player touching the ball before scoring but taking players off is not a good idea