"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Posts: 9
I have heard that the FFSA may grade the U11's this year mid way through the season. This would mean they would already have them grade for JPL next year so that they would not have to do it at U12's half way through the season.
Has anyone else heard this?
Does it have merit to do it this year instead of next?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm
Posts: 14
sametro911 wrote:
I have heard that the FFSA may grade the U11's this year mid way through the season. This would mean they would already have them grade for JPL next year so that they would not have to do it at U12's half way through the season.
Has anyone else heard this?
Does it have merit to do it this year instead of next?



And I heard that from next year U12 competition will be held in 9v9 format


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am
Posts: 857
Stavros wrote:
sametro911 wrote:
I have heard that the FFSA may grade the U11's this year mid way through the season. This would mean they would already have them grade for JPL next year so that they would not have to do it at U12's half way through the season.
Has anyone else heard this?
Does it have merit to do it this year instead of next?



And I heard that from next year U12 competition will be held in 9v9 format
It hasn't been confirmed 100% by the FFSA but that is their recommendation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:21 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 1500
magnet wrote:
Stavros wrote:
sametro911 wrote:
I have heard that the FFSA may grade the U11's this year mid way through the season. This would mean they would already have them grade for JPL next year so that they would not have to do it at U12's half way through the season.
Has anyone else heard this?
Does it have merit to do it this year instead of next?



And I heard that from next year U12 competition will be held in 9v9 format
It hasn't been confirmed 100% by the FFSA but that is their recommendation.



i think grading in the under 11s has some merit, only thing i suppose is certain clubs will pick up new players so things could change, also moving to a bigger pitch with 2 additional players will have some impact.

Cant be any worse than what it is now in the under 12s, check out some of the one sided results, and when you see 8-0 that means the score has been capped,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:47 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 pm
Posts: 94
Impossible to grade U11's.
6 divisions and clubs have multiple teams across divisions. Not to mention new players coming in and players leaving at end of season.

Would be absolute guess work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:05 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Posts: 9
WH99 wrote:
Impossible to grade U11's.
6 divisions and clubs have multiple teams across divisions. Not to mention new players coming in and players leaving at end of season.

Would be absolute guess work.



I agree with you that is why i thought the FFSA did the grading during the U12 season but a lot of coaches had heard stories that the FFSA may have been doing some grading during U11 season


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 1500
WH99 wrote:
Impossible to grade U11's.
6 divisions and clubs have multiple teams across divisions. Not to mention new players coming in and players leaving at end of season.

Would be absolute guess work.


Yeh but aren't most clubs at this age groups starting to grade teams??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mini Roos U11
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:06 am 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 pm
Posts: 94
Rookie wrote:
WH99 wrote:
Impossible to grade U11's.
6 divisions and clubs have multiple teams across divisions. Not to mention new players coming in and players leaving at end of season.

Would be absolute guess work.


Yeh but aren't most clubs at this age groups starting to grade teams??


Maybe some are, but not properly. Too many coaches sons in the supposed A teams.

Just align with NPL and it would be just as accurate, if not more, allowing for exceptions of strong SL1, SL2 and other teams if they can justify their performance and squad strength.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group