West Adelaide U16s 2019

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

West Adelaide U16s 2019

Post by geoff9559 »

Ok a bit of a stir of the pot, however have heard that the West Adelaide U16s for 2019 have been told by the club that they are in U16 JPL B.

I thought nothing had been sorted as yet as to who has nominated for which league and secondly am amazed that a team that came last in U15s JPL B in 2018 would be remaining in that league especially considering their prior record of results.

Cheers

Geoff9559

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: West Adelaide U16s 2019

Post by Pie and Bovril »

geoff9559 wrote:Ok a bit of a stir of the pot, however have heard that the West Adelaide U16s for 2019 have been told by the club that they are in U16 JPL B.

I thought nothing had been sorted as yet as to who has nominated for which league and secondly am amazed that a team that came last in U15s JPL B in 2018 would be remaining in that league especially considering their prior record of results.

Cheers

Geoff9559
Geoff, JPL team nominations aren’t due in until the end of November so the FFSA don’t even know how many U16 teams they have yet.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Exactly!

So how can the JTD and the club be saying to the kids that they are in U16 JPLB?

False advertising I say.

cheers

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

It is the team that has finished bottom or second to bottom in the last 3 years but never gets relegated. I think they got lucky this year because there were 3 teams from last years u14 jpl b group that didn't continue in the B group in 2018. NTC girls, cobras did not enter a team and rumour has it that the Victory team asked to be dropped into the Cs for 2018. They didn't win too many games in 2018 but also didn't suffer too many floggings either.

Club has to decide whether it is beneficial to play in the B group and finish near bottom year in year on play in C and be competitive. Nothing in the rules about NPL clubs junior teams getting special treatment for relegation. If your trying to recruit players you wouldn't tell them there is a chance you could be placed in the Cs. Wait and see how many teams nominate for u16 next year. No doubt factors such as how many C div teams drop out, which clubs are forced to play their jsl team in jpl because the seniors have been promoted and balancing the number of junior club teams into the three divs will determine the outcome.

So yeah too early to be making promises to prospective parents/players unless ffsa have had conversations with west adelaide. Will see mid December when the draft groups come out.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

That team has been finishing 2nd bottom or bottom since u12s, every year they must go with a plea, oh we have new players, this year we had lots of injuries blah blah.

Why not just go with 2 bottom go down and the 2 top teams go up? If it’s a team that only plays u13 and u15 then they should stay in C group ( Northern Demons traditionally do that)

Next year I will be surprised if Northern demons will field a team in the 16s although winning c div in the 15s

Just because the club name is west adel they should not get any benefit for that

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

The FFSA allows any club to request a movement in divisions. Whether the request is approved is based on response from other clubs.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

From what I seen on another post, it seems that West Adelaide u16 team finally has been put into the C Div.
From u12 the team has struggled and maybe have lost every excuse in the book to finally be put in the div they should have been in from the start.

I am not sure but they would be one of only few NPL Teams to have a junior team in the C Div.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Chocco wrote:From what I seen on another post, it seems that West Adelaide u16 team finally has been put into the C Div.
From u12 the team has struggled and maybe have lost every excuse in the book to finally be put in the div they should have been in from the start.

I am not sure but they would be one of only few NPL Teams to have a junior team in the C Div.
not really, Blue Eagles, Panthers and Olympic also have teams in the C’s

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Chocco wrote:From what I seen on another post, it seems that West Adelaide u16 team finally has been put into the C Div.

not really, Blue Eagles, Panthers and Olympic also have teams in the C’s

Didn't a heap of players leave blue eagles a few years ago. A fair few went to Eastern United and Metro JSL rather than stay at ABE.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Don't get ahead if yourself there. It is still only a draft structure isn't it? What would happen if there isn't enough teams for 2 u16 jsl divisions or too many for one large jsl division. Would the ffsa push a few of the left over jsl teams into jpl c div which could push birks and westies back up to B div. Not that they might want to unless they recruited a few good players.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Has there been any update to the draft referring to the west Adelaide u16?
Also a point the ffsa cannot push a team from jsl to Jpl if the clubs already has 1 team in the JPL for that age group.( a club can have as many jsl teams as they like but only 1 Jpl team per age group)

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Chocco wrote:Has there been any update to the draft referring to the west Adelaide u16?
Also a point the ffsa cannot push a team from jsl to Jpl if the clubs already has 1 team in the JPL for that age group.( a club can have as many jsl teams as they like but only 1 Jpl team per age group)
no update to the structures yet. Maybe they are waiting until the JSL nominations are in

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Final structures are out and West Adelaide U16 are in JPLC

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Looks like West Adelaide U16’s will be in the B’s after all. UniSA and Mount Barker have withdrawn leaving clubs to decide by Monday if they move to a two league structure.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Might not bee too bad. At the moment there are only 10 teams in A and 10 teams in B. So thats 18 games to play. If there are 6 remaining in C div and they make only 2 divs with 13 teams each then 24 games. Bit on the high side but rather more games than less. Not sure of the imbalance in skills though. That could result in 3 or 4 teams having a rough season.

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

geoff9559 wrote:Ok a bit of a stir of the pot, however have heard that the West Adelaide U16s for 2019 have been told by the club that they are in U16 JPL B.

Cheers

Geoff9559
Prior results don't mean much in a new season, as teams change every year with juniors and trials. This team ended up winning the league in the end, so proved to be a worthy team in the competition. Perhaps your stir inspired them.