Adelaide City huge fee hike confirmed

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Adelaide City huge fee hike confirmed

Post by rossonero »

limozeen wrote:One thing I think can be done better, and I intend to give it a go with my team next season, is to clearly articulate what the plan is for the season in quite detailed fashion to the parents. I am going to give them a fact sheet before they pay their deposit and if they are unhappy with anything on the sheet they can go elsewhere. For those who sign up then they know what they are signing up to.

Parents need to be more realistic about what to expect but at the same time those in a position to do so should do what we can to be transparent about what they do and don't get for their money and how the team will be run for the season.

It may achieve nothing at all but if anyone cracks up during the season I can just point them back to what they agreed to.
Im surprised not all clubs and coaches do this??
I have done this for years and it works really well however you will need to stick to it even when at times things dont go well.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

rossonero wrote:
limozeen wrote:One thing I think can be done better, and I intend to give it a go with my team next season, is to clearly articulate what the plan is for the season in quite detailed fashion to the parents. I am going to give them a fact sheet before they pay their deposit and if they are unhappy with anything on the sheet they can go elsewhere. For those who sign up then they know what they are signing up to.

Parents need to be more realistic about what to expect but at the same time those in a position to do so should do what we can to be transparent about what they do and don't get for their money and how the team will be run for the season.

It may achieve nothing at all but if anyone cracks up during the season I can just point them back to what they agreed to.
Im surprised not all clubs and coaches do this??
I have done this for years and it works really well however you will need to stick to it even when at times things dont go well.
Yes agreed. Perhaps I've just been waiting for it to be driven by the club more broadly. Possibly everyone else does do it and I'm the only one stuck in the dark ages. Any way I'll give it a shot and see if it has the desired effect.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

simmo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by simmo »

I found out Adelaide City is having their big night tomorrow, which is open to the public. I'm assuming all questions will be answered regarding the fees. I think I will go and hopefully pick up some tips.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

simmo wrote:I found out Adelaide City is having their big night tomorrow, which is open to the public. I'm assuming all questions will be answered regarding the fees. I think I will go and hopefully pick up some tips.
You're kidding me aren't you?
I guess you're just another parent at the club who really thinks the big knobs are there for you and are always open and transparent.
Like the others, you probably won't put them on the spot about fees.
Even if you do, they've got the party line covered - new lights, hp academy, exciting pathways, all the usual corporate buzzwords blah blah. You guys are slow learners.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Migrant Land wrote:
simmo wrote:I found out Adelaide City is having their big night tomorrow, which is open to the public. I'm assuming all questions will be answered regarding the fees. I think I will go and hopefully pick up some tips.
I guess you're just another parent at the club who really thinks the big knobs are there for you and are always open and transparent.
Even if you do, they've got the party line covered - new lights, hp academy, exciting pathways, all the usual corporate buzzwords blah blah. You guys are slow learners.
And yet, astoundingly, they'll be oversubscribed. What does that tell you?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Migrant Land wrote:
have a day off

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:
So was AMP

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:
Great business model, terrible football model.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

$1400 fees, really?? Is the plan to expand into a national div 2, produce better players and increase crowds by contracting the participating demographic, making it harder to play and appealing to less people??? Wonder how that’ll work out

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

N5 1BH wrote:$1400 fees, really?? Is the plan to expand into a national div 2, produce better players and increase crowds by contracting the participating demographic, making it harder to play and appealing to less people??? Wonder how that’ll work out
Until there is an overhaul of the club's method of core football business, it will end in tears.
Not that the current mob will be around to clean up the mess.

And it's $1500 fees.

simmo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by simmo »

Migrant Land wrote:
You have no idea. I’m going for the entertainment value. It has figjam written all over it. I’m very comfortable at my club. We have better coaches, better facilities and are more successful. We don’t need to spend thousands of dollars in advertising to try and convince people to come to our club.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Was $1500 fees confirmed?

Metrostars by comparison is $1210.

Mmazzo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mmazzo »

fball12 wrote:Was $1500 fees confirmed?

Even if it is $1500 that does not cover the cost of the so-called academies, Borneo Cup etc. because parents will be expected to pay for that on top and organise themselves.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

fball12 wrote:Was $1500 fees confirmed?

Both significantly higher than some clubs. I have no issue with people who want to pay that much. Good luck to them. But it is a ridiculous amount to be paying IMO. Hence why I'm not paying it I guess.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

simmo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by simmo »

Adelade City have shifted from developing kids to play and enjoy football to making $$. They are promising unrealistic achievements in order to convince people to pay big dollars to be part of the dream. One thing is guaranteed, most trainings will be cancelled throughout August because of pitch conditions :lol:

Maldini
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Maldini »

simmo wrote:Adelade City have shifted from developing kids to play and enjoy football to making $$. They are promising unrealistic achievements in order to convince people to pay big dollars to be part of the dream. One thing is guaranteed, most trainings will be cancelled throughout August because of pitch conditions :lol:
These days moving trainings to indoor facilities and/or artificial grounds make this less of an issue.

simmo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by simmo »

Ruud Gullit wrote:
simmo wrote:Adelade City have shifted from developing kids to play and enjoy football to making $$. They are promising unrealistic achievements in order to convince people to pay big dollars to be part of the dream. One thing is guaranteed, most trainings will be cancelled throughout August because of pitch conditions :lol:
These days moving trainings to indoor facilities and/or artificial grounds make this less of an issue.
Clubs don’t have artificial pitches and indoor facilities to accommodate all their teams. If you need to find your own training facility what is your club providing you?

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

simmo wrote:
Ruud Gullit wrote:
Clubs don’t have artificial pitches and indoor facilities to accommodate all their teams. If you need to find your own training facility what is your club providing you?
they are not the only club to cancel training sessions due to weather. Our club had three weeks with no training due to pitch issues and parents had to put their hand in their pocket for indoor venue hire.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

simmo wrote:
Ruud Gullit wrote:
Who do you think pays to hire the venue?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Who do you think pays to hire the venue?
When my son has had training moved to indoor, we (parents) have paid for each session as an extra.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

God is an Englishman wrote:
When my son has had training moved to indoor, we (parents) have paid for each session as an extra.
+1

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

magnet wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
+1
+1

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Self Serving bureaucracy that continue to elevate itself above others in the community. Port effort City and indicative that you are living beyond your means. They aren't on an island though. Increasing the pay packets of a few players to portray that they are the club of choice hides the fact that the model is not sustainable and that the gate takings barely cover the lowest paid players. Continuing to dip into the juniors fees is something all clubs do in the NPL and possibly SL.

Whilst there are parents willing to pay then the fees will increase. As you said below, the facts speak for themselves. As I said they're not alone. I'd rather be a part of a low fee but genuine and community based club that barely makes ends meets but gives opportunities to anyone. Not elitist.

As one famous City bureaucrat once said to a group of interested parents (arms crossed and slouched in his chair) "we're the biggest and the best. If you don't want to be here or not happy then you can go". Can't argue with that. So I left. 14 years on, I'm very happy and fulfilled in my football career.

Migrant Land wrote:
Monty wrote:So what are we expected to pay now???? 8)
$1400

But you get new lights !
And a high performance academy , which they've promised the last 2 years without delivering (half- baked window dressing doesn't count).

And a trip to Italy opportunity- like plenty of other vendors, this is a glorified overseas trip, which the club makes a healthy margin on. They make it sound exclusive.

And you also get more paid administrators , etc.
Let's eat while the sun shines.

Not sure the sponsors ( or are they donors/ lobbyists perhaps) are too keen on their funds going into admin.

Anyway , that's what you get.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Good on you!
At least you were alert enough not to fall for their bs, before it was was too late.
Your comments are so so true and guess what - the arrogance has gotten even worse now!

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

this is why soccer will go nowhere in this country, the funding pyramid should be from the top down not the bottom up. $1400 for your kid to play 1 season is bordering on ridiculous, High Performance Academy, TD for every couple of age groups, top coaches blah blah blah.....problem is that as long as people believe the BS its going to keep rising every year until eventually it will become unsustainable.....maybe.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

romarios shin wrote:this is why soccer will go nowhere in this country, the funding pyramid should be from the top down not the bottom up. $1400 for your kid to play 1 season is bordering on ridiculous, High Performance Academy, TD for every couple of age groups, top coaches blah blah blah.....problem is that as long as people believe the BS its going to keep rising every year until eventually it will become unsustainable.....maybe.
Yes, yes and yes. $1475 actually at the "club of choice".

HonkyTonky2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HonkyTonky2 »

Just saw an email circulated re the fees/payments
Fees have to be paid in full my tonight. Ridiculous considering trials were yesterday

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

HonkyTonky2 wrote:Just saw an email circulated re the fees/payments
Fees have to be paid in full my tonight. Ridiculous considering trials were yesterday
They should get Clipsal to sponsor them.
Quicker than the safety switch.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

another newbie with an AC axe to grind :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
another newbie with an AC axe to grind :lol:
If what he's saying is true, that's a pretty sharp axe.